Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:40 AM

37,753 posts, read 40,828,546 times

Advertisements

If you supported Hillary Clinton, how confident are you that there were no irregularities in the Democrat primary registration and voting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 07:49 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,924,299 times
She was and you she knew it and raised the issue in every debate.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,155,934 times
I don't know. I have wondered about it, tho. I have wondered about it in re: to all the candidates and ACORN registration of voters. I don't think there is any way to ever determine if there were damage done to her campaign. But yes, I have wondered about it. The allegations that voter irregularities have gone on under the auspices of ACORN are not new w/ this election - suits have been filed for the prior two elections - and maybe prior to that. I just know I have seen that suits were filed in 2000 and 2004, as well as suits being filed in this election.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,046,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you supported Hillary Clinton, how confident are you that there were no irregularities in the Democrat primary registration and voting?
Pretty confident, since voter registration is not voting.

Also, we would have heard about it by now. Those are professional politicians, they know.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:17 AM

553 posts, read 834,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Also, we would have heard about it by now. Those are professional politicians, they know.

It happened!!

Hillary had her nomination stolen by Obama and Acorn fraud.....

Proof:

YouTube - Obama Campaign Caught Cheating In Indiana!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,155,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

How would they know? Let's examine what fraudulent voter registration means.

Let's say an ACORN worker approaches me and says - fill this out. I decide to make up a name and use an existing address . . . my Aunt's address, who lives in a different precinct than I live in. The registration goes thru. On election day, I go to my precinct and vote using my correct name and address. I go to my Aunt's precinct, give them my fictitious name and her address . . . and since they require NO PHOTO ID, and my fictitious name is on the books, I vote again!

Okay . . . even if they eventually figure out that this is a fictitious name at a real address . . . and that the ficitious person voted . . . what are they gonna do about it? They can't discount my vote . . . cause how do they know who I voted for?

And who are they going to prosecute for voter fraud? I used a fictitious name.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:22 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,430,927 times
I love all this concern about ACORN from the wingnuts. Its quite comical, actually, all this outrage over non existent voter fraud.

If you REALLY want voter fraud, look at the past 2 elections. The states to look for are Florida (where Jeb Bush and Kathleen Harris literally threw the election to the idiot younger brother of Jeb) and Kenneth Blackwell and the GOP in Ohio in 2004.

Thats REAL voter fraud, not the imagined kind used by right wing propagandists in regards to ACORN.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:25 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,430,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
How would they know? Let's examine what fraudulent voter registration means.

Let's say an ACORN worker approaches me and says - fill this out. I decide to make up a name and use an existing address . . . my Aunt's address, who lives in a different precinct than I live in. The registration goes thru. On election day, I go to my precinct and vote using my correct name and address. I go to my Aunt's precinct, give them my fictitious name and her address . . . and since they require NO PHOTO ID, and my fictitious name is on the books, I vote again!

Okay . . . even if they eventually figure out that this is a fictitious name at a real address . . . and that the ficitious person voted . . . what are they gonna do about it? They can't discount my vote . . . cause how do they know who I voted for?

And who are they going to prosecute for voter fraud? I used a fictitious name.

If your little scenario were to play out, how many people would then be able to pull this off?

Three? Five? Ten?

Much easier for the Secretary of State to purge the voter rolls, like happened to thousands in Florida in 2000.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,820,437 times
She was. There is ample evidence of what the obama campaign did, especially in the caucuses.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,924,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
America isn't it interesting that most of the Republican election thrust is based on dividing us as a people? Is this what you believe we need to lead us in these troubling times. People focused on dividing an playing one American against the other. The choice is yours the United States of America or the Divided States of America. Remember it was just the other day that Sarah Palin designated Americans based on geography. Those that live in areas that are Pro American and then the others. Wow oh wow and they are so open about their desire to divide and conquer.

Last edited by TuborgP; 10-18-2008 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections