Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 11:26 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,060,254 times

Advertisements

Amen, Mommabear! The moral of this story is "if Obama or any of his peeps come to your neighborhood, lock the door, close the curtains, and wait for them to leave, unless you're willing to worship him." Imagine if this jackass gets into the White House -- he'd have some serious powers to ruin people who don't simply go along with him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,129,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Why blame Obama for the media's actions?
Even Fox was all over Joe!
It was not the Party campaign that went after him!
It was reporters publishing the crap and interviewing him..
Where specifically did you see someone as a representative of the dem party interviewing and trying to discredit Joe afterwards?
I'd love to see that link please.

If Joe the Plumber was brought up by Obama he would have gotten the same scrutiny

They smelled a story, they went after it!
But what if it was one of those transgendered freaks asking the question? I'd bet that'd be a split loyalty issue for ya.... Or would it be ok since they're for the chosen one?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:44 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,367,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Somebody explain to me how a canidate can go into a neighborhood looking for people to talk to then runs into a guy who asks a perfectly reasonable question and gets an answer that doesn't really make the canidate look too good to the general public.
So what does the party do? They attack the person asking the question, investigate things that have NOTHING to do with the question or answer and this is the party people are supporting?
How exactly does having a plumbers license or belonging to a union have ANYTHING to do with taxing people?
How exactly does back taxes have ANYTING to do with the question or answer?
Why would a news truck be parked in front of this guys house? Why not Rev Right or Bill Aires?
So is that what the dems stand for now? Destroy anyone who asks questions that they don't like instead of debating the topic?
I'm an independant and was undecided until this event.
I agree. It's scary to know that if Obama is president, this is how dissenters will be treated. No right to free speech.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,367,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Amen, Mommabear! The moral of this story is "if Obama or any of his peeps come to your neighborhood, lock the door, close the curtains, and wait for them to leave, unless you're willing to worship him." Imagine if this jackass gets into the White House -- he'd have some serious powers to ruin people who don't simply go along with him!
Exactly. If Obama is elected, I bet Joe the Plumber will be audited by the IRS and checked out every way that he can be checked out. No freedom of speech in the US anymore. Look at how people have put down Bush for 8 years. Does he go on national TV and single them out and publicly make fun of them? No. A political figure isn't supposed to do that. But Obama and Biden do it.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:47 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,791,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"Joe The Plumber" turned out to be "Joe Shmoe"

He lied and said that he was a member of a union and he in fact was not.
Joe was planted by the McCain frauds.
The noise that you are hearing is not your pipes, it's the deathe rattle of the McInsane/Frau Palin campaign and the hijacked Republican Party.
This is just silly and pathetic paranoia.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:50 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,791,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I agree. It's scary to know that if Obama is president, this is how dissenters will be treated. No right to free speech.
Can you say, "Stepford"? We'll probably have Obama propaganda piped into our neighborhoods on loudspeakers each morning and evening....and the only TV station we will have will be the Obama Station.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,495,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It is almost as if they had grown tired of bashing Sarah Palin over her hair, her clothes, her husband, her daughter, her future son in law and her baby with Down Syndrome. They were looking for a new target to tear to pieces and who should come into their gun sights but Joe the Plumber!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 PM

230 posts, read 677,816 times
"You're party"???? You are party? The correct word for possessive is: YOUR. Might not the proper use of English bring you more credibility in your question?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,154,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Somebody explain to me how a canidate can go into a neighborhood looking for people to talk to then runs into a guy who asks a perfectly reasonable question and gets an answer that doesn't really make the canidate look too good to the general public.
So what does the party do? They attack the person asking the question, investigate things that have NOTHING to do with the question or answer and this is the party people are supporting?
How exactly does having a plumbers license or belonging to a union have ANYTHING to do with taxing people?
How exactly does back taxes have ANYTING to do with the question or answer?
Why would a news truck be parked in front of this guys house? Why not Rev Right or Bill Aires?
So is that what the dems stand for now? Destroy anyone who asks questions that they don't like instead of debating the topic?
I'm an independant and was undecided until this event.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:57 PM

355 posts, read 556,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Yeah, my husband and I was talking about this last night. I was telling him about "Joe the Plumber" and how the media is going after him even though he didn't do anything wrong except question our lord and savior Obama... he doesn't have a license (even though you don't need one to be a plumber), how he doesn't even make 250K (I never heard him say he made 250K... he said he was looking into buying a business, etc. but people make it seem like he was actually making that kind of money. It's not unusual for people to look into possible expenses in running a business... which includes taxes). Never mind what Obama said... let's go after the bald white guy who made Obama say, "...spread the wealth...".

There are people who can justify being trashy for the sake of Obama... and the way people are going after this guy is disgusting and small. I honestly don't know what is so hard about trying to be descent and from some of the post on this thread and others... it seems like a REALLY difficult concept for some to wrap their brains around. Have some class people - try not to be so nasty to a plumber who didn't even do anything to you.
In some states (mine) you do need a license to be a plumber. Apparently Mr Joe Plumber married into the Keating family. Could be that he is a plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections