Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times

Advertisements

Biden sees that Obama will do the following----

His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era
[Dan 7:25]

He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What an incredible statement by Biden.

I would think this gives credence to having an experienced hand at the helm, not a neophyte who our enemies will try to provoke. Just an amazing statement.

What does he mean by this? Does he mean for instance if Israel attacks Iran (which will probably happen if Obama is elected), the Obama/Biden team will lavish sympathy and support on Iran?

His example of Kennedy is unfortunate. JFK met with Khrushchev without preconditions - JFK later admitted the meeting was a complete disaster. “He just beat the hell out of me. I’ve got a terrible problem if he thinks I’m inexperienced and have no guts".

Which is exacly what Nikki thought - which led to what? The Cuban Missile Crisis - and what else? The Berlin Wall.

Thanks Joe for reminding us what will happen with a weak neophyte at the helm.

IMO, the many countries and terrorist groups who would love to do us harm, who would like nothing more than to see the Great Satan battered to it's knees, are salivating at the thought of an Obama Presidency. They know he will not stand up to them and they are right. The only time I can see Obama ordering troops into action would be if they were being used against American citizens. Irrespective of whether you like him or not, McCain would at least make these people stop and think real hard about whether what they were going to do was a good idea. Because they will know he is not going to make excuses for them if there is another terrorist attack on the US. Obama would probably say that the terrorists are merely expressing their inner child, or some such and send a complaint to the World Court.
One of the most important jobs of the President is to protect the country. Sorry, I just cannot see Obama doing that.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'd much rather have Obama at the helm than McLame.
That's because you are a brain washed demo.....
Republicans == leaders...
Democrats == followers.....
Did you ask the party what your opinion is today...?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
They really don't need to 'test' him. They can look back at Clinton's stellar responses and know they will only get a slap on the wrist from a Democrat.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Well I'm glad Joe will be there to help plan for it.. I doubt Miss Palin can contribute as much..
Joe is a tired old windbag that has accomplished nothing is 35 years but live the good life on taxpayer money.
Sarah is a sharpe lady who will do great things for our country..

Old 10-20-2008, 12:33 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
I wouldn't doubt if there is a terror attack soon after Obama takes office if he is elected. Al Qaeda is waiting for the right opportunity to strike again. They have already told us this. When we have a president who is weak on national defense, that's the perfect opportunity.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:34 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sarah is a sharpe lady who will do great things for our country..
You're kidding, right?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:35 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
And Sarah Palin will read about it the next day in the newspaper.

She doesnt' read newspapers- remember her interview with Katie Couric?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
That's a distortion of Biden's speech. He didn't say "IF Obama is elected, then there will be an international crisis". The way you frame it, you are implying that Obama will cause the crisis to happen. If A, then B. Are you also saying IF McCain gets elected, there won't be an international crisis? You've got to be kidding. Biden's point is that there will be a crisis just as night follows day, and Obama will be tested in the crisis, just as any other president will be.
If dumbo and big joe win, the terrorist will have a party, and the two clowns have no clue what to do to stop the killings to follow.. Dumbo is only interested in the power, not the job... He is a loser, and picked a bigger loser...

3,758 posts, read 8,440,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Biden sees that Obama will do the following----

His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era
[Dan 7:25]

He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]
Is this your interpretation only?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections