Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,604 times

Advertisements

A great interview with Joe the plumber today on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC and what he thinks of Obama.
Does NOT like Obama's plan and will not vote for Obama, but will vote for Mccain.
I think this will really help Mccain because Joe explained so well what damage Obama, if given the chance, will ruin small business.
I hope Mccain uses him in an ad.
Let's see how Obama slashes him, and he will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 05:55 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,376,854 times
Default Josephine the Plumber

Remember Josephine the Plumber from the 1960's TV commercials? Wonder how she would feel about McCain sarcastically denouncing the importance of women's "health?" Obama is correct: The constitution guarantees privacy rights for women to make MEDICAL decisions, with the input of their health care provider, their faith and their family.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,153,085 times
Why is this a big deal, there are numerous people in this country that support and/or are leaning towards McCain.

Why a guy that doesn't even own a business is taken seriously is beyond me. Also, the claim that he wouldn't be able to hire people under Obama's tax pay is ridiculous. The business supposedly makes just a bit more than 250 a year, it is only the amounts over 250k that get extra taxation (39% instead of 36%). That isn't going to prevent him from doing anything.

Unfortunately most people don't understand how federal tax brackets work so the scare tactics work.

Regardless, from what I can tell neither of them are purposing anything that will help small business in their starting phases. Start-ups don't have employees, just partners/members.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,309,850 times
Frankly 'Joe the Plumber' is making more sense than either of the Senators:

Lower Taxes
Shrink Government
Protect our Borders

Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Its over. The cult leader is gonna win. Think European policies for the next phase of your life.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:15 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,448,259 times
Yea, but killing babies due to reckless sexual activity is sad and I gotta tell ya, I don't like it! An I'll betcha Josephine would agree!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 AM

866 posts, read 2,627,007 times
I heard Joe the Plumber isn't a registered voter.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:23 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,218 times
Default Joe The Plumber Mentioned 26 Times During Debate

Joe plumber, want's to buy the company he's worked for, for a long time, but he's afraid of taxes Obama's administraion might impose?
Maybe this guy shouldn't buy his company, and go into business for himself?
Business owners are allowed many, many deductions when filing IRS and State Tax Forms. Schrewd business owners know that virtually everything is a deduction. Schrewd business owners also know that after 5 p.m., they can take on "side jobs" for cash.
I've seen business owners work from sunup to sundown. On the clock, and off the clock.
I think joe plumber's concerns are unfounded, being concerned about taxes. if most business owners were worried about only taxes, there would not be any small business owners at all.
So, go ahead joe, buy the company you're working for, take some classes in accounting, and small business administration, and you too, will learn how to cheat uncle sam a little bit, and get ahead.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Yea, but killing babies due to reckless sexual activity is sad and I gotta tell ya, I don't like it! An I'll betcha Josephine would agree!
I betcha Obama would agree.

like he said last night, no one is pro-abortion. But when someone's world is turned upside down in an unwanted pregnancy, he simply thinks that it is not the government's place to tell that woman what she has to do. He thinks she should consult with her pastor, doctor, and family, because they will know best what she should do. Meanwhile, he wants to try to prevent people from having to make that choice, by returning the sanctity of marrige to its rightful place.

I disagree with his pro-choice stance, but respect his opinion.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:32 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,144 times
Joe, the plumber, was told, by Barack Obama, that if his company makes more than 250,000 per year, he will be taxed an additonal 3 % ( I think it is 3, maybe 4%) on any earnings OVER 250,000! Hmmm, if someone told me that I would be incur an "additional, minimal tax" on earnings over 250,000 per year, I would be delighted at the prospect! Joe, will, of course, get "tax breaks" for every job he creates, under Obama's plan, as well as assistance in paying for the health care coverage for his workers. . . poor Joe. . . !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections