Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,922,810 times

Advertisements

Say what you will, but the current liberal movement in this country goes against all that has been considered traditional American values. That tickles many of you to death, but think first......

Name just about any traditional American core value and the liberals have it under attack. And for your left folks, who think American has now adopted the far left ideology because you might elected Obama, think again. America, as a whole is still moderate, with about 10% being far right and 10% being far left. The rest of us fall somewhere in the middle, all of us. We are tugged upon by the extreme polar viewpoints and it needs to stop in my opinion. It is an economic election, not an"America is now as liberal as France" one!

Average Americans are not interested in becoming far-right, isolationists, AND they are not interested in being so far left they trash everything that put us to where we are today.

So, if Obama wins, remember that democrats. Remember what put America where it is today and find some value in those traditions before your throw them all away.

Read the history on the great Roman empire. The people gave blood and sweat to build it, then during a short "liberal" movement, when nobody wanted to give blood and sweat for it anymore, they destroyed it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:18 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times
Thank a liberal

Old 10-21-2008, 11:27 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,239,387 times
I have to agree, I think overall America doesn't want to lean to far in either direction. Liberals think they speak for everyone but they don't.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I said current liberal movement. Not old hard core union democrats, who loved Reagan! Please, tyhose examples were stupid.

Trys liberal women who hate heterosexual women, want 9 month old babaies aborted. To take our kids on field trips to gay marriages. Teaching sex ed to 2nd graders, want Fox news banned, attack Christains 24/7 despite 82% of American's being Christain, hate the military, think all corporations are evil and should die,

The list goes on, but my fingers are tired. Your example list of thank a liberal are pathetic and from like 40 years ago!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:36 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,496,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Trys liberal women who hate heterosexual women, want 9 month old babaies aborted. To take our kids on field trips to gay marriages. Teaching sex ed to 2nd graders, want Fox news banned, attack Christains 24/7 despite 82% of American's being Christain, hate the military, think all corporations are evil and should die,
These are all ridiculous generalizations of someone who is considered "left". Why argue against stereotypes which simply do not exist?

Do you think all of us in Texas wear 10 gallon hats, wear Wranglers, chew backy and know how to trick rope?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I said current liberal movement. Not old hard core union democrats, who loved Reagan! Please, tyhose examples were stupid.

The list goes on, but my fingers are tired. Your example list of thank a liberal are pathetic and from like 40 years ago!
Wow, how typical of a self-centered Republican that you would take them for granted enough to discount and insult them. I take it that at work tomorrow you'll work 8 hours, for which right that you take for granted some stupid, old-fashioned liberals died.

"Liberal women" v. "heterosexual women"? hmmm....

"Liberals" v. Christians...hmmm.....

I've spent time and effort at least twice pointing out to you personally that NO ONE is trying to fix it so that nine month old fetuses can be aborted. This gets really irritating after awhile, people just ignore what you show them, they just go blithely on spewing lies.

I think Ive asked you to give me a link backing your claim up a couple of times, you never did. I'm asking you again now.

want Fox news banned - are you talking about the Fairness Doctrine? Obama does not support the Fairness Doctrine, it's unconstitutional.

attack Christians 24/7 - I think they attack hypocrites, and Churchianity. Honest people of every stripe do that - conservatives too.

So liberals cant be Christians? - typical hypocritical UNChristian thing to say.

Think all corporations are evil and should die - that's just stupid. Hate the military - BS. (There are no "liberals" in the military?)

sex ed to 2nd graders, dont know about that but I dont like it, and Im a liberal, thank God. field trips to see a gay marriage ceremony - give me a link.
Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Last edited by delusianne; 10-22-2008 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: dont have to be liberal to loathe hypocrisy

Old 10-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
These are all ridiculous generalizations of someone who is considered "left". Why argue against stereotypes which simply do not exist?

Do you think all of us in Texas wear 10 gallon hats, wear Wranglers, chew backy and know how to trick rope?
Again, this correlates to the extreme 10%, you obviously are not, or you would have disputed my points. This relates to the original post and you reaffirmed that by pointing out that all liberals are not supporting of those statements. BUT, that is the direction you are being pulled and not putting up much of a fight!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wow, how typical of a self-centered Republican that you would take them for granted enough to discount and insult them. I take it that at work tomorrow you'll work 8 hours, for which right that you take for granted some pathetic liberals died.

"Liberal women" v. "heterosexual women"? hmmm....

"Liberals" v. Christians...hmmm.....

I've spent time and effort at least twice pointing out to you personally that NO ONE wants nine month old babies aborted. This gets really irritating after awhile, people just ignore what you show them, they just go blithely on spewing lies.

I think Ive asked you to give me a link backing your claim up a couple of times, you never did. I'm asking you again now.

want Fox news banned - are you talking about the Fairness Doctrine? Obama does not support the Fairness Doctrine.

attack Christians 24/7 - I think they attack hypocrites, and Churchianity.

So liberals cant be Christians? - typical hypocritical UNChristian thing to say.

Think all corporations are evil and should die - that's just stupid. Hate the military - BS.

sex ed to 2nd graders, dont know about that but I dont like it, and Im a liberal. field trips to see a gay marriage ceremony - give me a link.
Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."
Another poster, confriming what I said in the OP. BUT, you are letting your party support all those issues! That is / was my point!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Another poster, confriming what I said in the OP. BUT, you are letting your party support all those issues! That is / was my point!
Please look at my post again. I answered your silly "points," and Im waiting for those links Ive been asking of you. And I learned a lot about how you people think. Liberal vs. heterosexual, liberal v. Christian.

Just - wow.

And you think your views are moderate?!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
oh you mean like austerity.
you mean like war only for defense
you mean welfare for the poor instead of the rich
you mean like tradional american values.
so GOP/DOD are the good guys right?
why doesn't it feel that way.
obama 08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections