Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,861,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually it doesnt. Its assumed the money is for the Palins, but for all I know, it could have been a donation to the homeless shelter. It shows assumptions, it proves nothing..

PGHquest, if you happen to purchase clothing at upscale department stores only to donate it directly to a homeless shelter, please let me know where you do this. I'll send the media out there to give you national Kudos for your display of generosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:10 AM

5,407 posts, read 13,317,775 times
I didn't read this entire thread, but I can say one thing for sure. The way people are talking on other threads about what someone in the Republican party was wearing, it had no style, the dress didn't match the bag, Palin's coat was terrible, and on and on, I guess that's why people foolishly spend money on "style" if you will. So many are so shallow that the first thing they notice is, "Oooo, look what so and so is wearing?" Who cares what someone is wearing as long as they're clean.

So McCain foolishly spent money, I'm surprised people are complaining about it given so many people pick, especially Palin, apart in what she wears, et al. So dumb. Unfortunately, many try to please the public, a silly choice, but it is what it is.

Give up on style; it means nothing in this life. Shopping at Saks, Macy's, Wal*Mart....big deal. Mr. McCain, if you're guilty, I'm sorry you fell into such a shallow trap like so many in this country.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:11 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,966,252 times
Quote:
Actually it doesnt. Its assumed the money is for the Palins, but for all I know, it could have been a donation to the homeless shelter. It shows assumptions, it proves nothing..
Hahahahahaha....yeah I am sure the homeless shelters are really looking for Prada or Gucci. Your next argument had better not be that it's for job interviews because for those prices you could get 10 suits for 10 homeless women or 2 for 5 and so forth.

If it was for a homeless shelter.....the cash is much more useful.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Hahahahahaha....yeah I am sure the homeless shelters are really looking for Prada or Gucci. Your next argument had better not be that it's for job interviews because for those prices you could get 10 suits for 10 homeless women or 2 for 5 and so forth.

The story makes assumptions, it is not fact based, and anyone who reads the story objectively can question the timing of expenses, but to just flat out claim the money went to the Palins is a giant leap of an assumption..

Old 10-22-2008, 06:16 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,472,794 times
Wink McCain Camp spent $150K on clothes/styling for Palin & family

I heard that an unexpectedly large portion of that sum was spent on lipstick.

Here's to you, "real" America!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,813,659 times
They said 5k went to hair and makeup expenses. Does not sound like that went to McCain, although his face was awfully pasty looking on the debates.

Or as pg suggests, maybe they donated free makevovers to homeless shelters. God bless them, each and every one.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

yes maybe Obama could give some of the 150 MILLION he was given this month
to some shelters
think he will
HELL NO

Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,966,252 times
Quote:
The story makes assumptions, it is not fact based, and anyone who reads the story objectively can question the timing of expenses, but to just flat out claim the money went to the Palins is a giant leap of an assumption..
Maybe it was spent on flying her kids around to different campaign events instead of having them in school. That wouldn't be a stretch for her.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 AM

33,639 posts, read 37,332,281 times
Quote:
Actually that isnt what it says, it says money was spent there, it doesnt say why. Could have been for napkin holders for a fundraiser for all we know..
If you think that, then you really should stop punishing the wall with your head.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,861,858 times
Georgia Dem, has McCain donated any of his campaign money to homeless shelters? I'd love to see a link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections