Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,813,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
yes maybe Obama could give some of the 150 MILLION he was given this month
to some shelters
think he will
HELL NO
If people wanted to donate to homeless shelters they would do that directly. If they donate to Obama they want him to use the money to win the election.

Which he is obviously doing.

Money well spent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:23 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
It takes a lot of dough to remove that "white trash" scent. It's like a skunk smell

lovely
how would this comment be held if it were about Michelle Obama??
How much dough to remove her stench???
Nothing racist though about "white trash"

Old 10-22-2008, 06:24 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,444,275 times
Quote:
McCain Camp spent $150K on clothes/styling for Palin & family
So! First you're obsessed with the cost of Cindy McCain's outfit now you're worry about Palin's ... so who cares.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
If people wanted to donate to homeless shelters they would do that directly. If they donate to Obama they want him to use the money to win the election.
Thats right, if I want to donate my money to the poor, I can do that directly, I dont need Obama to come take it by force, glad you finally get it..

Old 10-22-2008, 06:30 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Georgia Dem, has McCain donated any of his campaign money to homeless shelters? I'd love to see a link.

You know what, I do not have a clue
what I do know is according to their IRS reports Mccain and his wife do quite a bit of donations
Check out how much Gov Palin and her husband gave next to how LITTLE
Joe Biden did
I GAVE more than Joe Biden, most folks have.
How much does Obama spend on his suits??
Do you care, of course not.
Do I care, not a damn bit.
What I am sick of is the double standard

Old 10-22-2008, 06:33 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,965,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
lovely
how would this comment be held if it were about Michelle Obama??
How much dough to remove her stench???
Nothing racist though about "white trash"
Start a Michelle Obama thread where the DNC is paying 150k for her to get clothing and such and you will see my comment there. I try to stay on topic in threads and being that this one is about Palin I talked about her.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,425,452 times
Well, I have to say that no matter how you look at it, it's excessive - and considering it came from the taxpayers, certainly a waste. On the other hand I don't think the rules on how that money can be spent are very firm, so once the McCain Campaign got the money they can do with it as the campaign sees fit. Personally I think that if the McCain Campaign wants to waste their cash foolishly, then let them do so. It's money that could be better spent helping McCain win - and since I want Obama to win, I say let them spend all their money wastefully rather than effectively.

I think, however, it DOES reflect on the JUDGEMENT of McCain and how he's running his campaign - and of course does beg the question "How foolishly will McCain spend taxpayers money if he's President?"

As I've mentioned before, I was an Obama supporter to begin with (though I did respect and admire McCain as well) but my support for Obama has grown dramatically as I've watched how brilliantly he's run his campaign. For McCain, the opposite is true.

Ken

Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 AM

107 posts, read 241,544 times
That's a lot of money to outfit someone who describes themself a "I'm one of you" hockey mom. Moose puckey to her.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 AM

31,702 posts, read 41,178,320 times
The issue is how one uses campaign money when they are complaining about being outspent! Have they managed their money wisely or did they make false assumptions about the status of the race at this point. Remember Hillary got outspent at the end and was in debt. But her camp admitted the wasted money early on because they assumed they would have it won early on. What assumptions did McCain make about his campaign and what assumptions did he make about the Obama machine. Do his spending decisions in light of the current disparity in funds available once again bring the McCain judgment and impulsiveness to center stage again?

Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,394,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Sarah Palin's Clothing Allowance: $150,000 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20081022/cm_thenation/45374662 - broken link)

"According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74. The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September. The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August," goes the account. "Politico asked the McCain campaign for comment, explicitly noting the $150,000 in expenses for department store shopping and makeup consultation that were incurred immediately after Palin's announcement. Pre-September reports do not include similar costs."

This was discussed on AC360 last night. Anderson asked David Gergen (advisor to three republican and one democrat president) if this is normal. He said he has never heard of anything like this in a presidential campaign.

So since McCain's campaign was funded publicly, we now know that the money we allocate for the Presidential Election fund on our tax returns each year is being spent so Sarah Palin and her family can wear clothing from Sacks and Nieman Marcus. These are two of the most expensive department stores out there.

I don't find this to be evidence of fiscal responsibility.
Well, at least if she gets nothing else from this she will have a nice wardrobe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections