Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:59 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,602,562 times

Advertisements

Now Palin talks about how she is wearing her own clothes from Alaska...LOL its too late for that now. The damage has already been done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,001,521 times
This just illustrates that the Republicans are more concerned with the appearance of their candidate than the substance. Sell the sizzle not the steak.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 AM

9,325 posts, read 22,078,971 times
They should save some of the clothing allowance money to pay the hairdresser (another big expense item):

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch? Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staffer. It was Amy Strozzi, Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night. Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “Personnel Svc/Equipment.”

Who knew big hair cost so much?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 AM

474 posts, read 603,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I typed a sentence based on 'I reported the donation'. You did not say you didn't buy the suit or you returned the money. You posted only that you reported it. I don't see anything wrong with what I posted. I wasn't rude, disrespectful nor did I attack you.

I posted a sentence. You write a book. I'm spending way to much time on your spending??? Okey dokey, ......
You are right, I tend to "fully explain" my positions, anecedotal style. As a woman, I had just about enough. Saturday Night Live sealed your fate.(Tina's viewer polls have gone up and she showed disdain for the woman who made it possible.) I guess you were the straw that broke the camel's back. Thirty years ago, I entered politics and as the first woman in my area to venture into what had been a man's world, I was treated the same way as Sarah. I remember a man telling me that "his wife noticed that I had worn the same outfit three times.) I didn't want to talk about clothes or possessions. All I wanted was to tell the public about my dream of serving in the public arena...and talk about the problems facing our community. (One is not rich by what one owns but more by what one is able to do without, with dignity....Kant). The campaign rhetoric and questions were always different for me as opposed to those posed to my male opponent. My family was dragged through the "mills." Not so with my male opponent who was a decent man and a gentleman. I won that local election and went on to a long term career in government. I learned that treatment against women in government was the same on many levels. Why are women held accountable for what their nuclear and extended members of their family do. God only asks that each of us account for our own behavior. Some people want more from women than God does. It's time we speak out. Sorry I took it out on you.
You must admit, the main stream media has taken it easy on Obama, his wife and his family in Kansas, Hawaii, Indonesia and Kenya.

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 10-27-2008 at 09:19 AM..

Old 10-27-2008, 09:18 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,476,481 times
Thanks for posting this, ShoppingCartLaw.

Ooooh-wee, the libs are foaming at the mouth about this. It's hilarious! What is the big deal here? Who cares? Honestly, get over it, people. There are a LOT more important things going on. Ah, but those things are simply not addressed, so I guess we actually do need to have this to talk about...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 AM

31,702 posts, read 41,178,320 times
I don't think Democrats cared at first, I think it was Republicans and then Democrats jumped on the bandwagon.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,040,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Now Palin talks about how she is wearing her own clothes from Alaska...LOL its too late for that now. The damage has already been done.
And you know what, she looks just fine wearing her own clothes. They should have let her wear them all along. It's not like she used to wear moose hides, for Pete's sake. The handlers really blew it on this one.

The whole thing reminds me of Marie Antoinette. When times are hard and people are starving, you don't blow campaign contributions on designer duds like that, just like you don't say "Let them eat cake!"

Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
You must admit, the main stream media has taken it easy on Obama, his wife and his family in Kansas, Hawaii, Indonesia and Kenya.
No. I was more a McCain supporter in August that I was an Obama supporter. I was excited when he chose a woman as a running mate. I excited when what I though of as an articulate woman give a speech at the RNC......

Then she spoke words not written by Matthew Scully. Her complete lack of knowledge about the things most important to me and the country is appalling. Her bumbling, rambling, incoherent, talking points interviews are an insult to intelligent women everywhere. It is so clear that she was chosen because she's a beautiful, Christian (I type that tongue in cheek), woman with five children. McCain didn't vet her but I certainly did after her Gibson interview. I did not like what I read. Because she could, as Mayor and Governor, she fired able staff and replaced them with her less qualified friends and family, she looked at obtaining information on how she could censor books in a public library, she allowed her hatred for her ex brother in law to create a vendetta and involved her state staff to help pursue it, she entered a debt free town as mayor and left them well over a million dollars in debt that continues to rise because she authorised the building of a hockey arena on land the city didn't own, her open for business attitude has destroyed the lake in that community and make it just another highway strip mall in what was a beautiful community, her cronyism which she denies is apparent to anyone that bothers to look and the list goes on.

There's no need for the DNC to make up lies about her. They're out there for anyone with a little bit of time to find. Had McCain had her vetted properly and chosen someone such as Senator Snow from Maine, he would have won this election.

Your bringing up rumors, and lies about Obama, "his wife and his family in Kansas, Hawaii, Indonesia and Kenya" and the medias lack of pursuing them shows me that you have based your opinion on him from biased blogs. The exacerations about his associations with criminals/terroists are desperate, attempts to discredit a man whose life paralles that of all of us. When I was a college student, I worked as a nurse's aide. In that role, for various reasons, I was always assigned to care for the criminals that came to our hospital. Those patient's included a murderer, an airplane hijack attempter, etc. Does that make me a criminal? Of course not. Do you really believe that the GOP would allow this campaign to continue if any of those allegations were true? I'm only referring to what you posted. The Ayers and Rezko crap, IMHO, is just that, if you really look at the Obama's casual contact with them. No matter how McCain and Palin attempt to distort it. There are millions of us you can read, do research and investigate those allegations and come to our own conclusion.

If you believe the GOP would allow anyone to run for President who was not a citizen without shouting to high heaven and using everyone of the media that is at their disposal, it only shows that you don't have confidence in your own party. Vote Obama/Biden '08.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,407,788 times
No one cares about her clothes or who paid for them.
Maybe we should care about the Dems prohibiting interviews when the media actually asks a tough question.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
No one cares about her clothes or who paid for them.
Maybe we should care about the Dems prohibiting interviews when the media actually asks a tough question.
There are plenty of Republicans' who are concerned about the GOP spending $150,000 on clothes for the Palin's. This type of extravagance in the face of our country's finanicial dilemma was disgusting to millions of voters across party lines. Spin it how you may. The only ones who don't find this disgusting are the blind to all else McCain/Palin supporters.

The Dems have NOT prohibited interviews. They made a decision not to grant interviews to ONE television station that asked questions that were designed to try to rattle Senator Biden. They failed. He did just great and the talking head was left looking like the idiot she is.

If Palin were allowed to give interviews with 'not hand chosen' media, and she were asked similar questions, questions designed to provoke the candidate, (not 'What newspapers do you read?', 'What is your foreign policy experience?', 'Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine'), we would still be trying to decipher her incoherent rambling and SNL would have fodder for the next ten years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections