Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:05 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,257,428 times

Advertisements

I doubt any of the women involved in this campaign, regardless of party, bought their clothes at Sears. I'm also sure McCain and Obama both wear shoes that cost more than my entire shoe budget for the year. I could care less either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM

31,687 posts, read 41,084,323 times
GOP 'mavericks' have concerns with McCain - Alexander Burns - Politico.com
While John McCain’s often-touted maverick tendencies have frequently gotten him into trouble with conservatives in his party, in the waning weeks of the election it’s becoming clear that he’s also got a problem with another Republican constituency: his fellow GOP mavericks.

In the past week alone, a handful of liberal, moderate and independent-leaning Republican officials have publicly announced they are supporting Barack Obama. Few of them are still important party figures —and at least one is no longer a member of the Republican Party—but even so, their public repudiation of McCain is a dispiriting blow since his record of breaking with party orthodoxy in many ways resembles their own

Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 PM

474 posts, read 602,335 times
Siouxcia: Governor Palin has more executive experience than Obama. That's a fact. Obama has two terms as state senator...state level....and is still in his first term in the Congress and has campaigned almost every day since. Everything I say has been researched and verified. My master's thesis contained over sixty footnotes in order I might be accurate and professional. I take pride in being believed. These are the irrefutable facts. Obama has more than a casual friend to Rev. God Damn America Wright. The follow up video interviews first shown on this issue shows Obama saying he was a close friend and "could no more walk away from him than he could the black community." His friendship with Bill, " should have bombed more" Ayers was not the Obama excuse, " I was only eight years old when he committed those despicable acts." Obama, we' re not talking your eight year old congitive skills but your forty year old decision to have a Meet and Greet fund raiser in Ayers living room. Tony "Indicted corrupt politics" Rezco was not a casual friend, Rezco's wife was the straw purchaser of the combined lot in the Obama new house deal. After the purcahse Rezco's deeds a portion of the land to Obama and Michele. Casual friends? It is a fact that Obama's mother was a seventeen year old college student who married a radical muslim, divorced him and married another radical muslim and moved to Indonesia.A case was filed by a former official in pa demanding Obama produce a certified birth certificate...he has yet to do it. type in on your favorite engine window...Crimes by Obama. By the way Obama's biological Dad never divorced his Kenyan wife. It is a fact that Obama has half brothers and sisters in Indonesia and kenya. I don't see the reporters looking for "stuff" as they did with Srah Palin's family and friends. What about Joe Biden thinking that Roosevelt went on tv to explain the depression??? There was no tv home viewers at that time. What about Biden saying he was shot at in Iraq and wasn't? What about Biden talking a skirmish in the mid east that never took place and his latest fiasco today, when he ridiculed the reporter who asked him a legitimate question about Karl Marx quote about distribution of wealth. What about Michele being proud at 47 years, of America, a country that allowed her and Obama to get scholarships to Princeton and Harvard. My grandson was the fullback at Princeton in the engineering program. My daughter and son in law worked their fingers to the bone to send him there. There were no athletic scholarships....only scholarships for the disadvantaged and the like. We are grateful that he is successful today and hope he will be able to own a company that earns more than 250,000 dollars and hires people, creates jobs et cetera. I don't think Obama and his ilk should take it away from him and give it some lazy do nothing. These are facts. And if this is not enough then click on www.opensecrets.org and see for yourself. Look at Obama's financial statement where the Obama's income increased to 4.2 million dollars from 400,000 dollars in 2004. Read his answer to a question that asks for a list of foreign tax credits received. Obama answers, "various." clear? Read about the bailout lobbyists donations to Obama...Godman Sachs, Securities and Investments, Insurance, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. thirty eight per cent of the time Obama was the top recipiemt of lobbying funds.....hundreds of thousands of dollars. How did he gain that popularity in his first unfinished Congressional term? Today, I heard his voice talk about the distribution of wealth, in "52 seconds with Obama" it is his face and voice advocating for the disarming of America. Ii could go on, but check what I have said, show me where I am wrong. Please don't sell our nation short. We were never meant to be a wealth distributing nation. We were supposed to dream of becoming millionaires without being punished for being a success. Know that John McCain has already shown you he would give his life for you and all of us. Obama has a disdain for the military and I fear for our country. His Berlin visit where he spoke to "fellow citizens" speaks of the One World philosphy that rears its ugly head every now and then. We will be sending "our wealth" to those nations?????? Kenya? And lastly, read Obama's book....actually here's the site:
domergurl </SPAN

[CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER][/CENTER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie
Dreams From My Father - "I CEASED TO ADVERISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

Dreams From My Father- " I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

Dreams From my Father - "The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the THE OTHER RACE (WHITE) WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART"

Dreams From My Father - "never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. IT WAS INTO MY FATHER'S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I'D PACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

Dreams From My Father- "THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

Dreams From My Father- "There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, TO SHOW YOUR LOYALTY TO THE BLACK MASSES, TO STRIKE OUT, and name names"

Dreams From My Father- "I had grown accustomed, everywhere, to SUSPICIONS BETWEEN THE RACES.."

Dreams From My Father- "The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam."
Taken from the following:
Can a past of Islam change the path to president for Obama? - Examiner.com
‘Trapped between two worlds’ - Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html?cid=dc-article-obama - broken link)

Geez-us!!! And people are following this guy?

[+] Rate this post positively

Chris Stevens
Northern Exposure
[RIGHT][RIGHT][/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Obama Had Close Ties to Top Saudi Adviser at Early Age

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:58 PM

By: Kenneth R. Timmerman Article Font Size New evidence has emerged that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was closely associated as early as age 25 to a key adviser to a Saudi billionaire who had mentored the founding members of the Black Panthers.

In a videotaped interview this year on New York’s all news cable channel NY1, a prominent African-American businessman and political figure made the curious disclosures about Obama. (See Video Clip Below)

Percy Sutton, the former borough president of Manhattan, off-handedly revealed the unusual circumstances about his first encounter with the young Obama.

Oh well, why continue........

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 10-27-2008 at 10:09 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
I have no problem with the RNC buying her clothes, which will then be donated/auctioned after the election.

This is just more sexism from the misogynistic media.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:18 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,920,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
If you used 'blogs' as references for your Master's thesis, you must not have been awarded your Master's. No one on my Thesis Committee would have accepted a 'blog' as an authentic resource.

But, you're correct, why continue...

Old 10-28-2008, 01:43 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,951,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I have no problem with the RNC buying her clothes, which will then be donated/auctioned after the election.

This is just more sexism from the misogynistic media.
I disagree. What is sexist is how the McCain camp felt that they had to "doll her up" to such an extravagant degree. I don't blame Sarah Palin, in this instance, because there is no evidence that she insisted on such frivolousness. But knowing that Palin's appearance was a large part of her otherwise dwindling appeal, McCain's people spent a lot of money capitalizing on her looks with an outrageous sum spent on clothes and make up.

Just another insult initiated by McCain's staff to all women who value substance over style and do not want to be defined by their appearance.

And as a side note, I don't think anyone believes that Sarah Palin was going to give all of these clothes to charity until the over the top expenditure of funds was brought to light. That seems pretty far-fetched to me.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Siouxcia: Governor Palin has more executive experience than Obama. That's a fact. Obama has two terms as state senator...state level....and is still in his first term in the Congress and has campaigned almost every day since. Everything I say has been researched and verified. My master's thesis contained over sixty footnotes in order I might be accurate and professional. I take pride in being believed. These are the irrefutable facts. Obama has more than a casual friend to Rev. God Damn America Wright. The follow up video interviews first shown on this issue shows Obama saying he was a close friend and "could no more walk away from him than he could the black community." His friendship with Bill, " should have bombed more" Ayers was not the Obama excuse, " I was only eight years old when he committed those despicable acts." Obama, we' re not talking your eight year old congitive skills but your forty year old decision to have a Meet and Greet fund raiser in Ayers living room. Tony "Indicted corrupt politics" Rezco was not a casual friend, Rezco's wife was the straw purchaser of the combined lot in the Obama new house deal. After the purcahse Rezco's deeds a portion of the land to Obama and Michele. Casual friends? It is a fact that Obama's mother was a seventeen year old college student who married a radical muslim, divorced him and married another radical muslim and moved to Indonesia.A case was filed by a former official in pa demanding Obama produce a certified birth certificate...he has yet to do it. type in on your favorite engine window...Crimes by Obama. By the way Obama's biological Dad never divorced his Kenyan wife. It is a fact that Obama has half brothers and sisters in Indonesia and kenya. I don't see the reporters looking for "stuff" as they did with Srah Palin's family and friends. What about Joe Biden thinking that Roosevelt went on tv to explain the depression??? There was no tv home viewers at that time. What about Biden saying he was shot at in Iraq and wasn't? What about Biden talking a skirmish in the mid east that never took place and his latest fiasco today, when he ridiculed the reporter who asked him a legitimate question about Karl Marx quote about distribution of wealth. What about Michele being proud at 47 years, of America, a country that allowed her and Obama to get scholarships to Princeton and Harvard. My grandson was the fullback at Princeton in the engineering program. My daughter and son in law worked their fingers to the bone to send him there. There were no athletic scholarships....only scholarships for the disadvantaged and the like. We are grateful that he is successful today and hope he will be able to own a company that earns more than 250,000 dollars and hires people, creates jobs et cetera. I don't think Obama and his ilk should take it away from him and give it some lazy do nothing. These are facts. And if this is not enough then click on www.opensecrets.org and see for yourself. Look at Obama's financial statement where the Obama's income increased to 4.2 million dollars from 400,000 dollars in 2004. Read his answer to a question that asks for a list of foreign tax credits received. Obama answers, "various." clear? Read about the bailout lobbyists donations to Obama...Godman Sachs, Securities and Investments, Insurance, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. thirty eight per cent of the time Obama was the top recipiemt of lobbying funds.....hundreds of thousands of dollars. How did he gain that popularity in his first unfinished Congressional term? Today, I heard his voice talk about the distribution of wealth, in "52 seconds with Obama" it is his face and voice advocating for the disarming of America. Ii could go on, but check what I have said, show me where I am wrong. Please don't sell our nation short. We were never meant to be a wealth distributing nation. We were supposed to dream of becoming millionaires without being punished for being a success. Know that John McCain has already shown you he would give his life for you and all of us. Obama has a disdain for the military and I fear for our country. His Berlin visit where he spoke to "fellow citizens" speaks of the One World philosphy that rears its ugly head every now and then. We will be sending "our wealth" to those nations?????? Kenya? And lastly, read Obama's book....actually here's the site:
domergurl </SPAN

Quote:
Dreams From My Father - "I CEASED TO ADVERISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

Dreams From My Father- " I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

Dreams From my Father - "The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the THE OTHER RACE (WHITE) WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART"

Dreams From My Father - "never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. IT WAS INTO MY FATHER'S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I'D PACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

Dreams From My Father- "THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

Dreams From My Father- "There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, TO SHOW YOUR LOYALTY TO THE BLACK MASSES, TO STRIKE OUT, and name names"

Dreams From My Father- "I had grown accustomed, everywhere, to SUSPICIONS BETWEEN THE RACES.."

Dreams From My Father- "The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam."
‘Trapped between two worlds’ - Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html?cid=dc-article-obama - broken link)

Chris Stevens
Northern Exposure

By: Kenneth R. Timmerman Article Font Size New evidence has emerged that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was closely associated as early as age 25 to a key adviser to a Saudi billionaire who had mentored the founding members of the Black Panthers.

In a videotaped interview this year on New York’s all news cable channel NY1, a prominent African-American businessman and political figure made the curious disclosures about Obama. (See Video Clip Below)

Percy Sutton, the former borough president of Manhattan, off-handedly revealed the unusual circumstances about his first encounter with the young Obama.

Haha! So funny! All that energy expended flailing around in desperation..

And taking sentences out of context....if I had your energy or whatever it is drivng you I could do what you did with ANYONE who had written a book

Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 AM

474 posts, read 602,335 times
[quote=Friendly blogger;5884866]Siouxcia: Governor Palin has more executive experience than Obama. That's a fact. Obama has two terms as state senator...state level....and is still in his first term in the Congress and has campaigned almost every day since. Everything I say has been researched and verified. My master's thesis contained over sixty footnotes in order I might be accurate and professional. I take pride in being believed. These are the irrefutable facts. Obama has more than a casual friend to Rev. God Damn America Wright. The follow up video interviews first shown on this issue shows Obama saying he was a close friend and "could no more walk away from him than he could the black community." His friendship with Bill, " should have bombed more" Ayers was not the Obama excuse, " I was only eight years old when he committed those despicable acts." Obama, we' re not talking your eight year old congitive skills but your forty year old decision to have a Meet and Greet fund raiser in Ayers living room. Tony "Indicted corrupt politics" Rezco was not a casual friend, Rezco's wife was the straw purchaser of the combined lot in the Obama new house deal. After the purcahse Rezco's deeds a portion of the land to Obama and Michele. Casual friends? It is a fact that Obama's mother was a seventeen year old college student who married a radical muslim, divorced him and married another radical muslim and moved to Indonesia.A case was filed by a former official in pa demanding Obama produce a certified birth certificate...he has yet to do it. type in on your favorite engine window...Crimes by Obama. By the way Obama's biological Dad never divorced his Kenyan wife. It is a fact that Obama has half brothers and sisters in Indonesia and kenya. I don't see the reporters looking for "stuff" as they did with Srah Palin's family and friends. What about Joe Biden thinking that Roosevelt went on tv to explain the depression??? There was no tv home viewers at that time. What about Biden saying he was shot at in Iraq and wasn't? What about Biden talking a skirmish in the mid east that never took place and his latest fiasco today, when he ridiculed the reporter who asked him a legitimate question about Karl Marx quote about distribution of wealth. What about Michele being proud at 47 years, of America, a country that allowed her and Obama to get scholarships to Princeton and Harvard. My grandson was the fullback at Princeton in the engineering program. My daughter and son in law worked their fingers to the bone to send him there. There were no athletic scholarships....only scholarships for the disadvantaged and the like. We are grateful that he is successful today and hope he will be able to own a company that earns more than 250,000 dollars and hires people, creates jobs et cetera. I don't think Obama and his ilk should take it away from him and give it some lazy do nothing. These are facts. And if this is not enough then click on www.opensecrets.org and see for yourself. Look at Obama's financial statement where the Obama's income increased to 4.2 million dollars from 400,000 dollars in 2004. Read his answer to a question that asks for a list of foreign tax credits received. Obama answers, "various." clear? Read about the bailout lobbyists donations to Obama...Godman Sachs, Securities and Investments, Insurance, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. thirty eight per cent of the time Obama was the top recipiemt of lobbying funds.....hundreds of thousands of dollars. How did he gain that popularity in his first unfinished Congressional term? Today, I heard his voice talk about the distribution of wealth, in "52 seconds with Obama" it is his face and voice advocating for the disarming of America. Ii could go on, but check what I have said, show me where I am wrong. Please don't sell our nation short. We were never meant to be a wealth distributing nation. We were supposed to dream of becoming millionaires without being punished for being a success. Know that John McCain has already shown you he would give his life for you and all of us. Obama has a disdain for the military and I fear for our country. His Berlin visit where he spoke to "fellow citizens" speaks of the One World philosphy that rears its ugly head every now and then. We will be sending "our wealth" to those nations?????? Kenya? And lastly, read Obama's book....actually here's the site:
domergurl </SPAN

Quote:
Dreams From My Father - "I CEASED TO ADVERTISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

Chris Stevens
Northern Exposure

Oh well, why continue.....it's no use. I could submit tons of research, Obama has already passed out the Kool-Aid....oops...Fool Aid.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,767,067 times
Quote:
Why are you linking to my profile page????? It has nothing to do with Obama's book ...

Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,974,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I doubt any of the women involved in this campaign, regardless of party, bought their clothes at Sears.
LOL, Hey, remember when Obama was in Iraq and McCain was trying to divert attention by showing video of how he's just a regular guy because he shops in a grocery store? He should have taken the film crew to Sears (and if he had, you can bet we'd see that clip around the clock!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections