Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 04:11 PM

658 posts, read 1,790,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
At least they did not have to have a coach come in to try to teach her how to not sound so hateful! Like Michelle Obama had to have although it did not help at all.....
When has Michelle Obama been hateful during the campaign season? Michelle has been nothing but a class act, and had never attacked McCain, even after his "that one" remark. Michelle has also been nothing but complementary on Sarah Palin, and even stated that she admires Palin for being able to juggle her career and family life.

It's a shame that Cindy McCain and Sarah haven't been as civil as Michelle has; of course they possess neither the class nor intellect that Michelle does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:20 PM

260 posts, read 574,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
She could take off her clothes entirely, save the 150K and have more of an effect on the slack-jawed "she's hot....I'm voting for her" crowd.
I wonder after the election and Obama wins if palin is going to Disney World?
After that she can always pose for Playboy!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:24 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,480,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
I wonder after the election and Obama wins if palin is going to Disney World?
After that she can always pose for Playboy!

I'd laugh, but lately, nothing is too bizarre to happen in this country.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,041,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
LOL. I haven't heard any Republicans complaining about it, only Dems.
LOL, somehow I don't think this plays well with Joe Average Citizen on a day the Dow plummeted 514 points.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,634,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
$2,300 a day on clothing.

Does she need to wear couture to be a VP? Maybe she could downgrade to Nordies.
Really, Nordstrom would be a total downgrade. But she'd still look good, and I can't imagine anyone would know the difference, except for those that are use to such luxurious clothes, which is to say not many people. Certainly no one in a campaign stop crowd.

Wow. I just can't imagine $16,100/week on clothes, especially when you are going to be in crowds shaking people's hands. I'd be screaming, "Ah, stay away. My outfit!!!!"

Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 PM

958 posts, read 2,631,012 times
These boneheaded neo-cons will spin this any way they can. Spending 150K on clothes, in this economy looks bad and is bad. She may invoke the name of "Joe the Plumber" all day long. But she doesn't dress like the "average hockey mom" she claims to be. Hopefully in 13 days we'll never have to hear from her again.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:42 PM

2,889 posts, read 7,163,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
At least they did not have to have a coach come in to try to teach her how to not sound so hateful! Like Michelle Obama had to have although it did not help at all.....
There's an article that will be in the NY Times Magazine this Sunday that is already on the NY Times website.
The Making (and Remaking) of McCain

In the section on McCain's choice of Palin for VP, is information about the voice/speech coach hired for Palin.

Quote:
. . .
In fact, the woman was here for a reason. Her name was Priscilla Shanks, a New York-based stage and screen actress of middling success who had found a lucrative second career as a voice coach. Shanks’s work with Sarah Palin was as evident as it was unseen. Gone, by the evening of her convention speech, was the squeaky register of Palin’s exclamations. Gone (at least for the moment) was the Bushian pronunciation of “nuclear” as “nook-you-ler.” Present for the first time was a leisurely, even playful cadence that signaled Sarah Palin’s inevitability on this grand stage.

. . .

But just as you could make too much of Shanks’s quiet coaching of Palin, you could also make too little of it. The new narrative — the Team of Mavericks coming to lay waste the Beltway power alleys — now depended on a fairly inexperienced Alaska politician. The following night, after McCain’s speech brought the convention to a close, one of the campaign’s senior advisers stayed up late at the Hilton bar savoring the triumphant narrative arc. I asked him a rather basic question: “Leaving aside her actual experience, do you know how informed Governor Palin is about the issues of the day?”

The senior adviser thought for a moment. Then he looked up from his beer. “No,” he said quietly. “I don’t know. . .

Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,438,047 times
The New RNC slogan,....... "Shop, Baby, Shop!"

Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM

13,782 posts, read 26,314,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think this "story" is supposed to divert us from the building allegations of, and arrests related to, GOP voter fraud.

Think a Minute About All This Voter Registration Fraud Malarky Raised by Republicans on the Eve of the Election, Especially Here in California - California Progress Report (http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2008/10/think_a_minute.html - broken link)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/21/op...erbert.html?hp
We all have to remember that we only have 2 weeks left and we will hear desperate attempts from both parties to divert attention from their own short comings and try to muddy the waters. I'm ready for this election to be over!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:10 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,041,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
We all have to remember that we only have 2 weeks left and we will hear desperate attempts from both parties to divert attention from their own short comings and try to muddy the waters. I'm ready for this election to be over!
Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections