Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:21 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,858,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
No, still waiting for Joe Biden to explain the international incident that will happen when Barry is elected to "test" the 47 year old POTUS (should the moron be elected). Speaks volumes when your VP thinks you suck and have no experience. 100 days in congress...good one!

And then we need to find out who, exactly, are Bosniacs?

And if you don't know what I'm talking about...get your head out of the sand and and inform yourself before you press that button for Bosniac Joe and I endorse Ayers Pin Head Barry.
I have a great stock pick for you ... Alcoa ... the makers of Reynolds Aluminum. Methinks the sale of tinfoil hats is going to be HUGE once OBiden wins big in November.

Seems the only thing the Mayor of Wasilla does is cut checks for city employees ... wow!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 AM

31,702 posts, read 41,183,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I have a great stock pick for you ... Alcoa ... the makers of Reynolds Aluminum. Methinks the sale of tinfoil hats is going to be HUGE once OBiden wins big in November.

Seems the only thing the Mayor of Wasilla does is cut checks for city employees ... wow!!!!
he is comparing McCain to a Eastern European former dictator who is hiding in the mountains because as a leader he tortured, jailed and beat those who disagreed with him. Sorta must be what they want to do to liberals in Palin America. John will be letting her decide and manage how to deal with liberals.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
he is comparing McCain to a Eastern European former dictator who is hiding in the mountains because as a leader he tortured, jailed and beat those who disagreed with him. Sorta must be what they want to do to liberals in Palin America. John will be letting her decide and manage how to deal with liberals.
Well, she'll be "in charge of the United States Senate," so she can "really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes."

Old 10-23-2008, 07:46 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,041,809 times
Quote:

LOL LOL yes these are good days for aluminum foil...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,495,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You know, there are some really big morons on this site. But still ...

People give money to the campaigns. The campaigns hire lots and lots and lots of people. They do things like pay for staffers to travel in support of the campaign. If Michelle travels to Virginia to give a speech, the campaign pays for it.

This is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here, and that's saying something.
I doubt it.....but I do see the apples to oranges comparison I made. My bad.

At the same time...and this is without having investigated SP and her use of tax payers monies....I'd like to meet one politician who hasn't used the perks of their status. One Mayor, in my state, is now enjoying a nice stay in the can for all of his indiscretions with tax payers monies.

Had SP used the private state jet would this be an issue? Clinton flew all over the place with Hill and Cheese (and all his buddies) just to be seen....what's the difference? Obama never brought Michelle and the kids with him to any functions? So SP takes her kids with her to be seen at a public event. What should she have done with them? Nanny them up and be called a "bad mother" more so than she already is being called a "bad mother" who should be home raising her kids instead of running for office? What's the diff with Hillary? Or Jimmy Carter? They had kids too...wanna go back as far as JFK? Different when you're the drag along mom/wife supporting Daddy?

What about Joe Biden funelling money to his son? Where's the front page news on that?

Alaska voted her in knowing she had children. Maybe they'd like it better had she charged her personal expense account with "nanny"?

Where's all the investigation into Barry? Barry campaigned for a communist dictator in Africa...from what I understand it was on the tax payer's dime...Barry's hinky real-esate deals...has Barry's birth certificate been found yet? Have his grades surfaced?

Let's get down to what really matters and the MSM isn't bothering to even try to answer or research any of the many questions surrounding glory boy Barry.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,932,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Where's all the investigation into Barry? Barry campaigned for a communist dictator in Africa...from what I understand it was on the tax payer's dime...Barry's hinky real-esate deals...has Barry's birth certificate been found yet? Have his grades surfaced?

Let's get down to what really matters and the MSM isn't bothering to even try to answer or research any of the many questions surrounding glory boy Barry.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....

Post the links to your allegations. The OP and others posted legitimate, not 'Liberal blog', sites regarding the topic of this thread. Where are yours? Newspapers? Television investigations? Cite your sources.

Don't bother to post the same old crappy repug blog info, unsigned court documents, my neighbor told me stuff,crap. Where are the fact's substantiating your allegations? You and the rest of the Stepford wives actually have NO CONFIDENCE IN THE GOP. If you did, you would know that if there were any truth to your allegations, they would be all over it, just like their 'palling around with terroists', 'not American like you and me' crap. Don't trust your party to have the smarts to find sewage to sling around, so you come onto a forum and do it for them?

Cite your legitimate sources.......if you can.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:09 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,495,774 times
Quote:

Nah....noone will be able to afford aluminum foil should Barry be elected.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:11 PM

31,702 posts, read 41,183,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....

Post the links to your allegations. The OP and others posted legitimate, not 'Liberal blog', sites regarding the topic of this thread. Where are yours? Newspapers? Television investigations? Cite your sources.

Don't bother to post the same old crappy repug blog info, unsigned court documents, my neighbor told me stuff,crap. Where are the fact's substantiating your allegations? You and the rest of the Stepford wives actually have NO CONFIDENCE IN THE GOP. If you did, you would know that if there were any truth to your allegations, they would be all over it, just like their 'palling around with terroists', 'not American like you and me' crap. Don't trust your party to have the smarts to find sewage to sling around, so you come onto a forum and do it for them?

Cite your legitimate sources.......if you can.
Let them continue let them continue the polling numbers in battleground states are looking better by the day. Every bit of bantering they do helps the Obama Train steam ahead at full speed.
RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls

Banter on McCainites, theres a train a coming and you better have a ticket to get on board.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 PM

20,340 posts, read 37,415,741 times
Why should this be "news" ? If she "overcharges the State of Alaska and the State determines that she did, then she has to refund the State for the extra cash she over-charged. That's the way it's in all the States, and even Federal workers in the US. If one does no pay Federal taxes when one should (Senator Rangel, for example), the IRS tells you to pay back, or else. So you argue your case, and pay as requested. That's all there is to it.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:24 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,932,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Why should this be "news" ? If she "overcharges the State of Alaska and the State determines that she did, then she has to refund the State for the extra cash she over-charged. That's the way it's in all the States, and even Federal workers in the US. If one does no pay Federal taxes when one should (Senator Rangel, for example), the IRS tells you to pay back, or else. So you argue your case, and pay as requested. That's all there is to it.
Because it reeks of fraud. If she were just your Governor, I could give a rat's ass that she screws the people of Alaska but she's someone who wants to be VPOTUS, so, yeah, it's a big friggin' deal.
Pantagraph.com | News | New questions about Palin children's travel, changed expense reports (http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2008/10/22/news/doc48ff1010a0a29436722400.txt - broken link)
Quote:
On Aug. 6, three weeks before Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain chose Palin his running mate, and after Alaska reporters asked for the records, Palin ordered changes to previously filed expense reports for her daughters' travel.

In the amended reports, Palin added phrases such as "First Family attending" and "First Family invited" to explain the girls' attendance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections