Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times

Advertisements

Did you thank John McCain today?

YouTube - Thank John McCain - support @ TruthandHope.org

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,915,856 times
i will thank him when he gets into office lowers tax rates and fuels the economy with jobs overnight from doing so. and then personally attempts to stabilize the housing crisis and starts to clean up washington with all the crooks and crooked politicians, starting with obamas campaign advisers who are at fault for the current state of the country.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
there is no video available at the link provided.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
i will thank him when he gets into office lowers tax rates and fuels the economy with jobs overnight from doing so. and then personally attempts to stabilize the housing crisis and starts to clean up washington with all the crooks and crooked politicians, starting with obamas campaign advisers who are at fault for the current state of the country.
"Republicans have been on the wrong side of every issue of concern to ordinary Americans; Social Security, the war in Iraq, equal rights, civil liberties, church- state separation, consumer issues, public education, reproductive freedom, national health care, labor issues, gun policy, campaign-finance reform, the environment and tax fairness. No political party could remain so consistently wrong by accident.

The only rational conclusion is that, despite their cynical "family values" propaganda, the Republican Party is a criminal conspiracy to betray the interests of the American people in favor of plutocratic, corporate interests, and absolutist religious groups."

Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,464,245 times
Quote:
Is this right after he steps out of the phone booth with his cape on? Or right after I drop some LSD and begin my hallucination of a McCain Presidency in 2009?

PS. Unless you make over $111k a year, Obama's better for you on taxes (Link to excellent comparison chart: Obama and McCain Tax Proposals - washingtonpost.com )

PPS. Now that the government is hemorrhaging money, how can any rational person advocate "Tax cuts for everyone! Beers all around!! A chicken in every pot!!" I think there's a bailout bill coming due at some point and I think there's a hand in my wallet.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 AM

877 posts, read 2,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"Republicans have been on the wrong side of every issue of concern to ordinary Americans ... equal rights
Which party filibustered the Civil Rights Act again? In fact, which individual filibustered for 14 hours? Was he a Republican?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:47 AM

1,302 posts, read 3,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
Which party filibustered the Civil Rights Act again? In fact, which individual filibustered for 14 hours? Was he a Republican?
That is true. The Southern Democrat of old was actually the one on the wrong side of civil rights.

To the BrokerDave guy...assuming that you are maybe in the mortgage business, or cognizant of it, please explain how McCain can purchase a bottom for the housing market (you used the word "stabilize")? Nothing but free market capitalism can do that...It is not like there are an array of new home buyers waiting on the sidelines with 20% down who will suddenly march into every open house and buy homes once McCain buys everybody's mortgage. I say let it all fail, foreclose, whatever, and then the market can begin a recovery. I am annoyed with both parties regarding this issue.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
You really believe he is going to lower your taxes? Gee I didn't realize that those in the elite 1% posted here.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"Republicans have been on the wrong side of every issue of concern to ordinary Americans; Social Security, the war in Iraq, equal rights, civil liberties, church- state separation, consumer issues, public education, reproductive freedom, national health care, labor issues, gun policy, campaign-finance reform, the environment and tax fairness. No political party could remain so consistently wrong by accident.

The only rational conclusion is that, despite their cynical "family values" propaganda, the Republican Party is a criminal conspiracy to betray the interests of the American people in favor of plutocratic, corporate interests, and absolutist religious groups."

So what your saying here is ordinary Americans are liberals.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:41 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
So that was supposed to offend. You're kidding, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections