Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you gay and voting for McCain?
Voting for McCain 9 26.47%
Voting for Obama 22 64.71%
Still Undecided 1 2.94%
Considering writing in Hillary Clintons name on ballot 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times

Advertisements

Are there any other gay members out there that are voting for McCain and not Obama? In my circle of friends both gay and str8, the decision is split. So, I am curious as to how you will vote. Half of my gay friends are voting for McCain and the other half voting for Obama. Interestingly enough the half that is voting for McCain were Hillary supporters who think somehow Obama stole the nomination from her. Their reasons vary from Obama not being experience enough to just not trusting him, whereas those supporting Obama say that McCain is just another Bush.
Me personally I am still considering writing in Hillary Clintons name on the ballot, but this would probably be a wasted vote, therefore probably voting for McCain. I also believe McCain is better suited to handle the war situation and our economy. Believe me I have been called everything from racist, traitor, back stabber, etc. simply because of what I believe.
Lets try not to bring GLBT issues into this, lets just keep it focused on the economy and war. IMO both candidates have the same views on GLBT issues.

And please please please lets not turn this into a "gay race war".

Thanks
Jake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times
I would never vote for a 72 year old man whose running mate, if she becomes president, would push for a change to the US Constitution to make it permanently illegal for gays to marry anywhere in the country. But maybe your priorities don't include things like this.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:37 AM

224 posts, read 378,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I would never vote for a 72 year old man whose running mate, if she becomes president, would push for a change to the US Constitution to make it permanently illegal for gays to marry anywhere in the country. But maybe your priorities don't include things like this.

You are either A)Dishonest B)Ignorant or C) A Troll

Whatever the case, please stop wasting our time with your moronic ramblings....

McCain is a State's Rights guy.... That means he is not for the federal government outlawing or mandating... he believes it should be a State decision (as did our forefathers who wrote our constitution).

Old 10-22-2008, 11:40 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I don't think in our current economic situation and the 2 wars we are fighting, that is a major issue. Just like overturning Roe V Wade. There are more important matters on our agenda at this point. Look at it this way, if we don't take care of the more important matters there might not be a USA to worry about, much less gay marriage or Roe V Wade!

Besides I believe I stated that I would like to keep this thread focus on the "ECONOMY AND THE WAR". Please try and do so. Thanks!

Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
I'm not gay so I didn't vote. But I find it terribly sad that McCain does not support adoption for gay couples.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:59 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
I'm not voting for either of these two clowns. It has nothing to do with my sexual orientation.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:01 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I'm not voting for either of these two clowns. It has nothing to do with my sexual orientation.
You voting for Barr or not voting at all?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
You voting for Barr or not voting at all?
Probably Barr. I'm still considering writing in Nader (he's officially a write in here) or Ron Paul. I might even write myself in.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
I'm gay, and there is NO way I'd vote for McCain. I think it's very silly of Hillary voters to vote for him, when his views (and Palin's) are totally opposite of Hillary. I don't get that at all.

Being gay is one reason for me to vote Democratic, although we already have gay marriage in our state. I've never liked the attitude of the Republicans regarding gays - I have the feeling that they think heterosexuals are "superior" or something.

And, besides, I like big government and high taxes.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 PM

351 posts, read 487,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I'm gay, and there is NO way I'd vote for McCain. I think it's very silly of Hillary voters to vote for him, when his views (and Palin's) are totally opposite of Hillary. I don't get that at all.
Yes you do.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections