Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,079,608 times

Advertisements

Just for the record, since the bots are frantically posting polls - not this one of course.

I predict they go back up tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 12:36 PM

543 posts, read 1,459,521 times
I think it's much closer than the lib media will admit.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM

8,059 posts, read 12,366,497 times
I'm predicting Obama will still win ... but most likely not by a landslide. These polls aren't all accurate. In 1980, the Gallup polls had Jimmy Carter ahead of Ronald Reagan even right before the election, but Reagan ended up winning the election by a landslide that year. During much of 1996, Gallup showed Clinton & Dole virtually tied ... but Clinton won re-election by a large percentage. In 2004, Gallup showed Bush & Kerry virtually tied, but Bush easily won a second term.

I have a feeling that Florida might once again be a huge factor in the outcome of this year's election. The polls show Obama slightly ahead of McCain in Florida ... but there's a margin of error, so that state could go either way. Obama will likely pick up some other states that Bush won in '04, which would give him the win, but I still don't think he can walk away with a landslide victory which some of these polls are predicting.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:48 PM

31,698 posts, read 41,178,320 times
PRINCETON, NJ -- Regardless of the predictors used to identify likely voters, the conclusion is the same -- Barack Obama maintains a significant lead over John McCain in the latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking presidential election trial heat.

The above is the summary from Gallup today

Note the tracking range and where each candidate is in relationship to previous highs and lows and how close they are to the magical number of more then half. Remember McCain is near the top of his long term range and off the low point and Obama is still treading within his newly established highs. We have discussed treading range before and the significance of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections