Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So freaking what? Michelle pays for them herself! I don't get how people can't understand that paying for your own clothes is different than getting them paid for with well-intended campaign donations.
Clothes that will be auctioned off for a charity..

Who knows who paid for the clothes. Cindy McCain could have bought them with her own money Sarah could have bought some of them nobody really knows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 10:42 PM

972 posts, read 1,332,041 times
250 for a silk shirt or even 5k for a gown... is very different than what cindy mccain wears. cindy shows up in 30k gown while a 2-5k gown bothers you on Michelle? The women have to look nice. The difference here both cindy as I understand it because she is rich, and Michelle buy their own clothing.
Michelle is thrifty about it but pays for her own and still looks awesome. While Palin overspent and bought expensive ones on donations, while claiming in a very hypocritical manner that she is a down to earth person whose politics will clean up corruption and over spending, yet she doesnt live it...

Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Michelle Obama wears DESIGNER clothes MADE for her .
So? She paid for them herself! So what?

Quote:
Who knows who paid for the clothes.
For G**'s sake, it was all over the place that the RNC paid for them.

Palin's wardrobe expenses prompt complaint to FEC | MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/738933.html - broken link)

One of many. You only have to read the first paragraph.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 AM

532 posts, read 859,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Michelle's teeth can be fixed and she has the money to get them fixed if she chooses. Unfortunately for the trailer trash, worn out uterus known as Sara Palin, lobotomies are forever.
How mean can you get. It's hard to understand your vindictiveness. Surely you must have some compassion, as a human being. Trailor trash? what's wrong with living in a trailer? Surely you can be a good person if you live in a trailer. Why does that make you trash? What does Michelle Obama's teeth have to do with Sarah Palin? I think Michelle's teeth are fine, and Sarah Palin is fine also. I don't think she lives in a trailer--not that it matters.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So? She paid for them herself! So what?

For G**'s sake, it was all over the place that the RNC paid for them.

Palin's wardrobe expenses prompt complaint to FEC | MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/738933.html - broken link)

One of many. You only have to read the first paragraph.
Palin Calls Self 'Frugal,' Denies Taking $150,000 in Designer Clothes - FOXNews.com Elections

Old 10-24-2008, 07:33 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,494,439 times
Wow, you sure do seem to be obsessed w/Michelle's boobs. Creepy

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Do they still use burlap bags on grass seed? How would she approach giving away her AAA cups.....to a tranny maybe?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:29 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,176,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
First off, would anyone expect someone running for second highest office of the land to NOT look the best they can? My ONLY problem with Palin and the $150,000 clothing spree is that she puts herself out as the average, every-day hockey mom/working mom while calling everyone else an elitist, out of touch with the common everyday working folk. The big problem here is the hypocricy, not the $150,000 wardrobe. As far as Michele Obama is concerned, if it's her money, what's the problem? Cindy McCain wears earrings that cost more than Palin's or Michelle Obama's wardrobe, but it's her money, so what. Hear this: the problem here is the hypocricy of Palin, at least that's how I see it. Of course, I didn't contribute to the GOP so I don't have anger towards the fact that Palin was given $150,000 of the GOP money to spruce herself up. I'm sure there are a lot of Joe Six Pack types that did contribute towards the GOP that are probably a little perturbed right now.
You should be angry! The fact that Palin has spent time disassociating herself with elitists has gone out of her way to connect with 'Joe six pack?" C'mo using campaign money to gain a new wardrobe? If she was really a hockey mom and valued the local americans and did not feel the need to buy into the elitist life that she continually accuses BO of? Why not say? "Thanks but no thanks" Again hypocritical! And again noone has heard of this type of spending going on in a campaign, this can't be good. And food for thought? This is just another factor about Palin, there are much more facts that can attest to why SHE should not be VP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Michelle Obama's clothes are UGLY...........
Who would want to know where she got them?
lol! Someone does not have taste. Michelle Obama has classic taste and does need flash or glitter because this is not who she is! BTW....All of Michelle Obama's clothes are designer and donated to her by designers whom believe in BO.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,711,113 times
And you know you would rag on the designer who donated clothes to Palin. Getting designer duds donated is just as elitist to me, who does not have designers giving me free clothes. If Palin were to just wear jeans and snow boots and sweaters would you not rag on her for that? You'd rag on her if she wore goodwill clothes and call her trailer trash. You'd also rag on her for wearing suits from Ross or Steinmart or something.

I think I know who the real trailer trash is and it's the ones on here who really have nothing better to do than talk about someones clothes. Maybe somewhere in the budget money is allotted for "extras". Do any of you personally work in the finance department of a campaign? If you don't and haven't any experience about it...be quiet already.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:15 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
When celebreties wear a designers clothes, they are on 'loan' to the celebrity and after 'the event' they are returned to the designer. You can't think that Winston's actually gives those celebrities the millions of dollars of jewelry they wear to an event!!

But the point of this thread is

1. Michelle Obama pays for her own clothes. So, if she wanted to spend $150,000 on clothes, with her own money, so what.

2. Sarah Palin's clothes and those of her family were bought with GOP campaign funds.

This is being 'looked into' because there are rules that govern campaign funds. And one of them clearly states that 'clothes' are not something that are paid for with campaign funds. That is why the GOP spokes person quickly, after this expenditure was made public, announced that the clothes would be donated to charity after the election. It's my understanding though that even though the clothes are going to be 'donated', the GOP may still have violated the rules.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,226,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
The reason why dems aren't talking about is because neither the Obama campaign or the DNC paid for clothing.
This incident is another example of McCain's hypocrisy.
Clip:
The use of campaign funds for items which most Americans would consider to be strictly personal reasons, in my view, erodes public confidence and erodes it significantly," he said in May 1993.
The Associated Press: Shop, baby, shop? GOP spent $150K on Palin clothes

Flip.......flop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections