U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:32 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,676,937 times

Advertisements

Let's just call him Joe the President..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 09:33 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,963,840 times
Watch for the smug,smirking laugh/head shake when discussing Obama,like they are refusing a bite of food that smells repulsive. All the racists do that,particularly the women. A female relative does that exact thing. Goes to church faithfully every Sunday,claims NOT to be racist. But then tells a "N" joke. Go figure. These types of hypocties make me ill. Good thing they are a dying breed.Eventually the inbreeding will do 'em in!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:50 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,657,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
This video clip has already been posted on here. However, this is just plain ignorance.
sorry

Old 10-23-2008, 09:51 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,127,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
sorry
Don't be sorry. Just made a statement that I had seen it before. The video is just plain ignorance.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM

16,294 posts, read 27,217,493 times
OMG! How utterly shallow is that woman. I lost IQ points watching part of the video

Old 10-23-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Watch for the smug,smirking laugh/head shake when discussing Obama,like they are refusing a bite of food that smells repulsive. All the racists do that,particularly the women. A female relative does that exact thing. Goes to church faithfully every Sunday,claims NOT to be racist. But then tells a "N" joke. Go figure. These types of hypocties make me ill. Good thing they are a dying breed.Eventually the inbreeding will do 'em in!
I think you hit the nail on the head. It's in the mannerisms for sure... like she or her community are privy to something that WE don't know (but SHOULD KNOW, DUHH... his name is O-BOMB-AH!). This stupidity stems from an uneducated upbringing and myopic view of the world.

In actuality, she and her ilk are simply narrow minded,ignorant bigots [to say the least]. These type of communities are like living in a vacuum; entire continents could be completely obliterated and she and her pals would not give two bits so long as their church and community were out of harm's way, maybe even proclaim something like, 'it's God's will' w/little to no basis in reality. Pathetic...

Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM

4,712 posts, read 8,175,459 times
The woman interviewed really doesn't get the separation of church and state thing at all. It's fine to want the President to have religious beliefs, but when you expect him/her to have YOUR specific beliefs in order to VOTE for him/her, you've missed the boat. She is thinking like those in medieval times, over 500 years ago. It's too bad that so many lived and died in those times of religious persecution and oppression, to have someone like this, a sad product of the American education system, turn back the clock and embrace dominance by religion of one's understanding of American national politics and American political principles. If her point of view is widespread, then this is clearly a very dangerous, even anti-democratic, development in American history. I grew up among persons with a point of view similar to hers, and I can say that it *is* widespread in the Southeastern U.S. Those persons may as well live in Iran, where the mullahs rely on their understanding of an ancient text to dictate all aspects of political and social life.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,199,980 times
The silver lining is, you don't have to. We still have 12 days - you can cast your vote for John McCain

Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,676,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
The silver lining is, you don't have to. We still have 12 days - you can cast your vote for John McCain
What's he running for?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
, and I can say that it *is* widespread in the Southeastern U.S. Those persons may as well live in Iran, where the mullahs rely on their understanding of an ancient text to dictate all aspects of political and social life.
You've got that right! I have some family that lives in Arkansas in the heart of the bible belt... man their neighbors are something else. Also in parts of MN, GA, and IN... same deal. Baseless conjecture and a misinterpretation of a book are all some require in order to cast a ballot. Be d@mned if some care about ANYTHING else (except abortion).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections