Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:14 PM

605 posts, read 1,844,637 times

Advertisements

Siouxcia why are you so defensive and rude to mamma mia. you seem so angry in your posts. If anyone posted this about mccant you wouldnt be so pissed.
and while i dont think mccain would be a good president i dont think obama would do any better, theres something about him that seems kinda phony. All he says is "change" and people go crazy. It true what family guy says-people are dumb when it comes to elections and like brief/dumb answers.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:16 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,664,424 times
Quote:
Siouxcia why are you so defensive and rude to mamma mia. you seem so angry in your posts. If anyone posted this about mccant you wouldnt be so pissed.
and while i dont think mccain would be a good president i dont think obama would do any better, theres something about him that seems kinda phony. All he says is "change" and people go crazy. It true what family guy says-people are dumb when it comes to elections and like brief/dumb answers.
Do a search on MM's previous posts and you will see who is truly angry.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:35 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,922,241 times
Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not angry at Mamama Mia. I think she's hysterically funny. Every time she posted a ridiculous 'fact' and was shown to be wrong, every time, she bounced right back up like a bobble head with another ridiculous post. Funny! I am truly sorry the fun is over.

Truth be known my main reason for visiting this forum is for the laughs! Recent studies have shown that people who laugh more, live longer! And this woman cracks me up everytime she speaks!! LOL

http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/12/ac/a6f2_35.JPG (broken link)

Old 10-23-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken.or.the.nugget View Post
It true what family guy says-people are dumb when it comes to elections and like brief/dumb answers.
You're quoting family guy? ROTFLMAO

Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,101,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Apparently, you've been away for a very long while..........
Oh spare me your nonsense. There are loads of us who, like me, were born and raised here, who see things differntly than you, and when we state such on this board, you always come back with the same old BS, that if we were actually 'real' Chicagoans we'd know better. Is that anything like Palin's 'real America' I keep hearing about?

Additionally, if you think the Tribune 'gave us Obama', you are the one who hadn't been reading the regular criticism of him over the past few months by such Tribune columnists as Kass. Yes, Obama was endorsed by the traditionally Republican leaning paper (that endorsed Bush, twice), but that was a surprise, even to me as I was honestly expect.

Oh, and only idiots blame Bartman for what happened to the Cubs that year (anyone with a shred of honesty has admitted they might have reached for the ball too). But what do I know, I'm a Sox fan, and not taken to superstition as much as those Cubs fans are known to be.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,398,723 times
Sorry to disappoint, I am still here and my husband and I do live and pay taxes in the city of Chicago, in Hyde Park, close to his place of employment, I have a residency requirement for my employment. We also own homes in a northern suburb and in South Haven, Michigan.
Do you really think I care for one second what you think of me, Siouxcia? Your posts contribute little to the discussion and are baseless.
As for j33, invest in a sense of humor. Of course, no one really blames Bartman or the Trib, it was a "tongue in cheek" comment.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:58 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,818,929 times
Quote:
In Hyde Park.
Hyde Park is almost like a different country, where wealthy African-Americans are the elite. I bet that Mammaa Mia is an angry white male.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige65 View Post
All I can garner from your excessive and vitriolic posts about Senator Obama is that once upon a time he disagreed with you regarding some sort of education legislation your organization was promoting. You have continuously called him an empty suit with a sort of smug authority because of your interactions with him, and expect people to believe it's the word of the land. However, I also know people who worked with Senator Obama while he was in the IL State legislature, that have the complete opposite impression and they aren't beholden to him in any way.

Additionally, I have worked professionally with Michelle Obama, but I don't pretend to know her (as you do), other than she cares about community health and outreach and has a desire to ensure that patients all over south Chicago have access to quality care, whether at U of C, or elsewhere.

From your numerous hostile and pugnacious posts, you appear to have a very personal vendetta against the Senator and Michelle Obama. It's unbecoming, and frankly, it waters down any sort of real message you MIGHT have.
I began sharing my opinions on this board in a much kinder, more gentle way, but the members of this political board are far from rational or kind, so as time went on, my attitude morphed to be more consistent than others on C-D.
The above comment is a repeat of a reply from you in another thread where a person who had also worked for school funding in Illinois shared his experiences that were very similar to mine in regard to Obama and his lack of proaction on the part of Illinois school children. I have personally witnessed his inability to take a stand, so I guess I am coming to this process from a very different perspective than most on this board. To me, he is an empty suit, my perception - based on my experiences.
I do not like Obama or his politics and feel that electing him to the highest office in this country would be a huge mistake. I believe that he and Michelle will do or say anything that will further their own personal agendas. They do not believe the rules apply to them, from paying their fair share in the case of land acquisition to lying about past associations. Simple as that.
Do I expect you to change your mind based on what you read here? Probably not, but some have had real life experiences that have colored their perceptions, you should realize and appreciate that.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Hyde Park is almost like a different country, where wealthy African-Americans are the elite. I bet that Mammaa Mia is an angry white male.
Namecalling, always an effective way to advance your POV. Your characterization of Hyde Park is WAY off. It is a community of academics, for the most part.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Namecalling, always an effective way to advance your POV. Your characterization of Hyde Park is WAY off. It is a community of academics, for the most part.
So, if indeed you do live in Hyde Park, I was right when I used GOP logic to come to the following conclusion.

She owns multiple properties, the Rezko's own multiple properies. Mamama Mia associates with criminals! She lives in Hyde Park. Bill Ayers lives in Hyde Park! I'm sure they must have passed in the street, shopped at the same stores, eaten food from the same sources, OMG! OMG! OMG!

<mod cut>

Last edited by domergurl; 10-24-2008 at 07:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections