Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 PM

20,340 posts, read 37,419,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Of course she said nothing about race. They never do. It's a no-brainer.

McCain and Palin are liars. They are lying about their tax plan, and they are lying about Obama's. All anyone has to do is go to the Tax Policy Center's website--a highly respected nonpartisan organization in D.C.-- and they can learn the truth of the plans on that site. Anyone who has bothered to learn the facts--rather than rely on FOX or right-wingnut blogs and websites--knows that what McCain and Palin claim is ridiculous. They are duping uneducates Americans into believing that they are for "the little guy," when the truth is glaringly the opposite. I mean, people shake their heads in disbelief when they hear this cr*p from those two clowns. It's disgusting. And that's just one example out of many, many examples of how they have stooped the lowest level in their low-blow politicking.

My point being: If someone votes for McCain and Palin, despite their lies (Obama "pals around with terrorists," etc.) it can only be for one of two reasons: 1) either they are uneducated and/or ignorant, and therefore buy into this stuff, or 2) they aren't interested in the truth, because they would vote for Martians if it meant keeping a black man out of the White House.
Actually, both the Republican and Democrat candidates lie about taxes. Go an read the tax laws and see if you can figure what to say about changing it a few weeks later. But one thing is for certain: McCain is a liberal, Obama is the most liberal Democrat in Congress. But you don't have to believe me; just look at their voting records in Congress.

Both McCain and Obama (whoever wins), will have to figure what programs to cut, and to what group of Americans to increase taxes to. Somebody has to pay for the bail-out both political parties voted for.

The only good thing about McCain is that maybe he can ax unneeded social programs, specially those going overseas, and so the pork that rules every action in Congress. Obama? He will have Congress at his disposal to pass every bill imaginable. It means that he may pull the troops from Iraq for a short period of time, and switch to Afghanistan where we will stay for the next ten years. And while the troops are coming out of Iraq, he will be taxing us all day, and spending it all night to pay for all the social programs the fringe, but very vocal radical Democrats, scream about each day.

Last edited by RayinAK; 10-23-2008 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So if someone disagrees with Obamas tax policies, and disagrees with Obamas associates, they are racist.

Got it.. No wonder I became a Republican under Clinton..
No. That's not what I said. What I said was that McCain and Palin are lying when they say that Obama wants to raise people's taxes. They know very well that their base, by and large, does not consist of the type of person whose income will be taxed by Obama. In fact, their base would be MUCH better off--taxwise--with Obama. But they say it anyway. Unfortunately, their base doesn't know any better, so they "disagree" with "Obama's tax policies." The problem, of course, is that what they're "disgreeing with" has nothing to do with Obama's tax policies. They are disagreeing with what McCain and Palin, and the rightwing nutcases, TELLS them are Obama's tax policies. This is the brilliance of the neo-con manipulation. Which is also equally brilliant at race-baiting: such as Palin's "Who IS Barack Obama?" "He doesn't see America the way WE see America." Never outright racist, just creepily suggestive of something alien in Obama. Over and over and over and over again. When the real creeps, of course, are the neo-cons themselves. They're like some kind of ghoulish master manipulators, controlling the minds of masses for their own ends.

This time, however, they're up against somebody smarter than them. And they weren't really expecting that. Not after 8 years of Bush. They figured that if the American people were stupid enough to believe the cr*p for 8 years, they'd be stupid enough to believe it again.

Nope. Not this time around. Obama is smarter, and so are the American people. This time, the McCain and Palin types--with their 11 houses and fancy wardrobes and phony smiles and you-betcha-I'm-just-like-you lies--can go straight to h*ll. And the sooner the better.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,334,211 times
Quote:
No. That's not what I said. What I said was that McCain and Palin are lying when they say that Obama wants to raise people's taxes.
So now Obama doesnt want to repeal th Bush tax cuts? Odd, I thought that was part of his campaign..

Old 10-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
So now Obama doesnt want to repeal th Bush tax cuts? Odd, I thought that was part of his campaign..
Yes, he wants to repeal the tax cuts on the wealthy. To increase taxes for the wealthy, to take their tax rate back to the pre-Bush level. There are no tax cuts to repeal on the middle class, because the middle class has not been given any tax cuts to repeal.

Claro?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,211,447 times
Quote:
No. That's not what I said. What I said was that McCain and Palin are lying when they say that Obama wants to raise people's taxes. They know very well that their base, by and large, does not consist of the type of person whose income will be taxed by Obama. In fact, their base would be MUCH better off--taxwise--with Obama. But they say it anyway. Unfortunately, their base doesn't know any better, so they "disagree" with "Obama's tax policies." The problem, of course, is that what they're "disgreeing with" has nothing to do with Obama's tax policies. They are disagreeing with what McCain and Palin, and the rightwing nutcases, TELLS them are Obama's tax policies. This is the brilliance of the neo-con manipulation. Which is also equally brilliant at race-baiting: such as Palin's "Who IS Barack Obama?" "He doesn't see America the way WE see America." Never outright racist, just creepily suggestive of something alien in Obama. Over and over and over and over again. When the real creeps, of course, are the neo-cons themselves. They're like some kind of ghoulish master manipulators, controlling the minds of masses for their own ends.

This time, however, they're up against somebody smarter than them. And they weren't really expecting that. Not after 8 years of Bush. They figured that if the American people were stupid enough to believe the cr*p for 8 years, they'd be stupid enough to believe it again.

Nope. Not this time around. Obama is smarter, and so are the American people. This time, the McCain and Palin types--with their 11 houses and fancy wardrobes and phony smiles and you-betcha-I'm-just-like-you lies--can go straight to h*ll. And the sooner the better.

If I could I would Rep you 10 times for this one. What is so obvious to some is so incomprehensible to others. Are these the same individuals that subliminal advertising is geared to?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, he wants to repeal the tax cuts on the wealthy. To increase taxes for the wealthy, to take their tax rate back to the pre-Bush level. There are no tax cuts to repeal on the middle class, because the middle class has not been given any tax cuts to repeal.

Claro?
You do understand that bush cut taxes for everyone, including the poor, dont you? And if you repeal the cut, taxes FOR EVERYONE goes up.. But I'm sure you'll call me a racist for pointing this out..

Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If I could I would Rep you 10 times for this one. What is so obvious to some is so incomprehensible to others.
You want to rep someone 10 times for calling someone a racist for disagreeing about a FACT, that a repeal of a tax cut is a tax increase.
Yeah, lets ta lk about incomprehensible..

Old 10-23-2008, 08:57 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,488,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
If Obama wins, he will be in charge. Just imagine a president without any experience right from the start. If Obama dies, just imagine Biden, an old timer just a little younger than McCain, and one who has already has had a couple of aneurisms. Can you imagine if Biden too, dies? Nansi will be in charge, without any presidential experience whatsoever.

If McCain winsn then dies, at least Palin is younger and in better health than both old timers McCain and Biden, more energy than both put together, capable of learning and adapting much faster than the rest, and with some experience leading.

Just read Obama's resume, and then compare it to Palin's, and relax a little since no president leads without a cabinet. Something else that should help you relax a little is thinking of previous vice-presidents:

1. Imagining Al Gore, or Dan Quayle as presidents?
2. Palin is not running for president.
3. If anything should worry you, that should be Obama's experience
4. Most of you have already decided that McCain and Palin lost. Relax and enjoy Obama and Biden as your president and VP, already
Are you nuts? She has proven she does not understand the issues and she's incapable of stringing two or more sentences together.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
You do understand that bush cut taxes for everyone, including the poor, dont you? And if you repeal the cut, taxes FOR EVERYONE goes up.. But I'm sure you'll call me a racist for pointing this out..
Speak for yourself. Nobody cut MY taxes. That's for damn sure. In fact, my taxes have gotten higher. And not because my income is higher. So, in my experience, tax cuts for the rich result in tax increases for the middle class. Funny how that's worked.

I am familiar with Obama's tax plan. My taxes will be cut under his plan; they will not go up.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
If Obama wins, he will be in charge. Just imagine a president without any experience right from the start. If Obama dies, just imagine Biden, an old timer just a little younger than McCain, and one who has already has had a couple of aneurisms. Can you imagine if Biden too, dies? Nansi will be in charge, without any presidential experience whatsoever.
Just a correction, Pelosi would only be in charge if Obama and Biden died at the very same time. If Obama dies first, Biden nominates a new VP. Pelosi does not automatically become VP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections