Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:55 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,872,765 times

Advertisements

I'm sure most of us have caught at least part of the McCain/Palin NBC tag team match by now. Tonight on the radio I caught a replay of (I think) Tom Hartman's show and he played the clip where she is asked about Obama being naive about sitting down with anyone without "preconditions".

If you've seen this she babbles on for about a minute of so just tossing out keywords like "those who would destroy America", "our enemies" etc. It took me a few seconds to realize that the host had music playing over her voice. Since I'm the least musically inclined person in the world it took me a minute to recognize the tune. Then I realized, it's from "The Wizard Of Oz", "If I Only Had A Brain"!!!!!

Kids this is why you should NEVER drink and drive. Liquid out the nose can cloud the windshield!

Next time she's asked about "preconditions" she should just say; "I'll check with my hairdress and get back to ya!"

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 01:02 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,952,163 times
I thought her reverting to script was quite odd in that situation; surely she had been briefed that such a question would come up? No "gotcha" claim there.

Where was her answer? Has she given up and thrown McCain under the bus by feigning total stupidity? Or was it real?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,558,388 times
I saw this, she's the joke that keeps on joking.
Compared to her, McCain looks like a class act.
That's really saying how much of a loser she is.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:44 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I thought her reverting to script was quite odd in that situation; surely she had been briefed that such a question would come up? No "gotcha" claim there.

Where was her answer? Has she given up and thrown McCain under the bus by feigning total stupidity? Or was it real?
If she is "acting" at being stupid,she should sweep the Oscars this year.She's making me believe she is VERY stupid.You know McCain has to die a bit more inside every time she opens her ignorant yap hole and he probably wishes he could kill the ahole GOP stooge that told him she would help him take the Hillary votes.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:18 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,472,794 times
Lightbulb skoro's take on "preconditions"

It's probably just me, but I think a "precondition" for high national office should be basic literacy.

http://bolsonon.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/sarah-palin.jpg (broken link)

Anyone else suspect the glasses are just a prop?

Old 10-24-2008, 05:22 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,472,505 times
I saw that part of the interview as well, and I was stunned by her reply. If she's not careful, she'll end up as a verb like "google" ... you know, "he really Palined that answer!", or "why did he Palin and not just answer the damned question?" or possibly an adjective, as "that was a Palin response if I ever heard one!"

[1] She has railed against the idea of Obama sitting down with leaders of other countries without "preconditions" - did she not understand what she was saying?

[2] Where are/were the McCain campaign staffers, or Palin's staffers, to help her with this stuff?

[3] What does this say about her intelligence? I have heard people (mostly Republicans) say that she's sharp. That's sharp? Can't someone look at the work "precondition", understand what "pre" means and what "condition" means, and come up with a reasonable guess? Precondition ... a condition that must be met before something can happen. How difficult is that?

[4] Can any sensible person really imagine her as Vice-President? Or heaven help us all, President?

[5] With all the press - good and bad - this person has received, and as enthusiastic as the Republican base appears to be over her (and what the hell is wrong with the base, anyway - are they also as dumb as a box of rocks?), it's unlikely that she will just mercifully fade away from the national scene. Like reality TV, she may be around for a while. There's a nauseating thought!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,472,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
as enthusiastic as the Republican base appears to be over her (and what the hell is wrong with the base, anyway - are they also as dumb as a box of rocks?)
I'm not saying they are, but I'm not saying they aren't. Draw your own conclusion.

Quote:
it's unlikely that she will just mercifully fade away from the national scene. Like reality TV, she may be around for a while. There's a nauseating thought!

I sincerely hope that she's the GOP's leading public figure for the next twenty years.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,722,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I saw this, she's the joke that keeps on joking.
Compared to her, McCain looks like a class act.
That's really saying how much of a loser she is.
You saw it?

On the radio?

Where do you get those kind of radios?

Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 AM

874 posts, read 1,863,493 times
I can't remember who said this before but it rings true. She constantly reminds me of the quintessential BS artist student. Ill prepared but full of bravado trying to full an instructor. The frightening thing is how often this technique works for her.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:37 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,861,858 times
I wonder if she confused preconditions with PMS and since she's so viciously protecting her medical records opted not to discuss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections