Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:55 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,469,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
If people had their priorities straight they would stop wasting their time in trying to dig up dirt on a guy who simply asked a question, and instead would put the focus on terrorist friends of a current presidential candidate. Makes a lot more sense to me.
Please define "friend."

I'm serious. Just trying to figure out how much you actually have read/understand about the relationship between Ayers and Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:57 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,958,548 times
It is not wise to question the Barak. People will be watching.

Joe learned and got off easy. Now you should learn.

Power to the People.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:57 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,469,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
I'd have more of a warm and fuzzy about your statement if he would at least learn how to put his hand over his heart when the National Anthem plays...
President Wiretap puts his hand over his heart very nicely. Doesn't mean he walks the talk.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

Wonderful. This is what everyday American citizens can look forward to in an Obama police state. Speak out against the leader, and they will investigate you.
Let's see.

Luzianne woke up this morning and discovered that most folk's entire life can be found stored in searchable public data bases, she then pontificates that if Obama is elected, what already exist might someday happen.

The logic is astounding.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Any time you make a deposit over $10,000 in the bank the government is alerted because of the Patriot Act.
Just a minor correction, anytime you deposit over $10,000, the government CAN be alerted, not always. Its a banks descretion to turn it over. I have been transferring sums like this every few days for 5-6 years and its never been questioned. The Bank is familiar with the transfers, and they come from a very reputable source..

Old 10-24-2008, 10:12 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,427,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just a minor correction, anytime you deposit over $10,000, the government CAN be alerted, not always. Its a banks descretion to turn it over. I have been transferring sums like this every few days for 5-6 years and its never been questioned. The Bank is familiar with the transfers, and they come from a very reputable source..
And I'm pretty sure the 10k transfer alert thing existed before the patriot act.

Quote:
I'd have more of a warm and fuzzy about your statement if he would at least learn how to put his hand over his heart when the National Anthem plays...
And I'd have more of a warm and fuzzy feeling if more people would realize that true patriotism is not worn as a pin on your lapel or by placing your hand over your heart.

I may prefer that the latter happens but I'm not foolish enough to believe that when most do it it is out of patriotism. That's the problem with anything that is taught as a must as my generation was growing up. When you're taught you have to do it you no longer know who it really has any meaning to.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
And I'm pretty sure the 10k transfer alert thing existed before the patriot act.
Yes it has, goes back to 1970

Bank Secrecy Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Patriot act just closed a few loopholes in reporting requirements and added things like wire transferrs to the required notification list.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,457,092 times
Quote:
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...e.html?sid=101
Public records requested by The Dispatch disclose that information on Wurzelbacher's driver's license or his sport-utility vehicle was pulled from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles database three times shortly after the debate.
Information on Wurzelbacher was accessed by accounts assigned to the office of Ohio Attorney General Nancy H. Rogers, the Cuyahoga County Child Support Enforcement Agency and the Toledo Police Department.
It has not been determined who checked on Wurzelbacher, or why. Direct access to driver's license and vehicle registration information from BMV computers is restricted to legitimate law enforcement and government business.

Wonderful. This is what everyday American citizens can look forward to in an Obama police state. Speak out against the leader, and they will investigate you.
And why shouldn't Joe the Plumber be vetted? I mean, I realize McCain is NOT fond of this practice. FWIW, he used to live in Mesa and had a suspended driver's license too. From what I gather, he isn't even a licensed plumber.

Yeah, I really want a "leader" who pulls stuff out of thin air for points that is a mere fabrication - sort of like WMD - and we know where that's gotten us.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
And why shouldn't Joe the Plumber be vetted? I mean, I realize McCain is NOT fond of this practice. FWIW, he used to live in Mesa and had a suspended driver's license too. From what I gather, he isn't even a licensed plumber.

Yeah, I really want a "leader" who pulls stuff out of thin air for points that is a mere fabrication - sort of like WMD - and we know where that's gotten us.
He's not required to be licensed to work under another plumber provided they are licensed.

As for the rest, just like it was not ok to sneek through Obamas passport records (remember that scandal?) it is not ok to go through private records of Joe

If you think its ok, please call for someone posting Obamas school and medical records..

Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He's not required to be licensed to work under another plumber provided they are licensed.

As for the rest, just like it was not ok to sneek through Obamas passport records (remember that scandal?) it is not ok to go through private records of Joe

If you think its ok, please call for someone posting Obamas school and medical records..
Those are not public records. In fact, medical records are held in strictest confidentiality, to be released only by the patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections