Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,168,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It's not a simple "slip"......it shows her ignorance of science, of the importance of research.....more money and prayers aren't the only answers...SCIENCE plays a huge role whether Republicans like it or not.
EXACTLY. While I do believe in the power of prayer,I also believe in science!! Take a look at the number of scientists endorsing Obama:
List of Barack Obama presidential campaign endorsements, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Palin simply doesn't have the intelligence,plain & simple.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:22 PM

972 posts, read 1,334,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
The potential VP has a great big staff working for her. In addition, her own brain should be working for her.

You don't need to read medical journals to know that Fruit Flies reproduce more quickly than just about any critter out there and that's why they've been so valuable for scientific research since long before the 1980's-- when I learned about them in high school science class.

High school.

Sarah-I-don't-believe-people-are-causing-global-warming-and-I-wouldn't-mind-if-creationism-is-taught-in-the-schools-Palin. Anti-science and anti-logic. Bad for a country that prides itself on scientific innovation.
her ignorance looms large.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:26 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,704,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
her ignorance looms large.
Well, that is your opinion. I for one would not pick an intellectual fight with someone who has been to 5 colleges!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:48 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,723,669 times
It's not one slip up that bothers most people, or even a few (we're all humans), but the problem is that her slip-up's are a pattern, a pattern that has started at the beginning of her nomination and continues today.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:56 PM

972 posts, read 1,334,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
It's not one slip up that bothers most people, or even a few (we're all humans), but the problem is that her slip-up's are a pattern, a pattern that has started at the beginning of her nomination and continues today.
This is the last one for me, I have lost all respect for her, no that I had much..her ONE thing she was supposed to be all about and good for was this issue. In one sweeping statement she showed she is nothing more than a bs'n barbie. My son has Autism, HOW DARE HER even try to become VP in the first place when she cant even study up on how things work, or wtf she is talking about. If she wants to help kids with autism she could do some BASIC reading up on the facts. She is a blithering idiot. She is incompetent to the max. We have had enough of that with Bush for the last 8 years, heck I dont even think Bush is as dumb as this one.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,684,619 times
OMG! She's worse than Bush. American kids don't score nearly as well on math and science as students in other countries. How can we expect our kids to be competitive in the global economy when our leaders don't even understand basic science?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:41 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,617,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
this one really upset me. she is a danger to our kids.
She is a danger to the whole country.

Given her dislike (fear) for science I would love to hear her answer to the question "Did man actually walk on the moon" or was that a factious government staged event?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,743,494 times
It sounded good in her speech to her base; that's all that really matter to her in the moment. The rabble at her speeches don't pay attention to the post-speech analysis, so she makes her point. This is what politics has come to.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,068,818 times
"This is what the Republican Party has done to us this year: It has placed within reach of the Oval Office a woman who is a religious fanatic and a proud, boastful ignoramus. Those who despise science and learning are not anti-elitist. They are morally and intellectually slothful people who are secretly envious of the educated and the cultured. And those who prate of spiritual warfare and demons are not just "people of faith" but theocratic bullies. On Nov. 4, anyone who cares for the Constitution has a clear duty to repudiate this wickedness and stupidity."

The GOP ticket's appalling contempt for science and learning. - By Christopher Hitchens - Slate Magazine

Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM

38,857 posts, read 25,653,922 times
Default Palin- Study before you speak

After a lifetime of shooting from the hip, why should she start preparing now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies