Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 11:04 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times

Advertisements

Although I do not think Obama or Mc Cain will be able to fix the economy, I favor Obama's plan because I see some real ideas that will possibly help the middle class. Mc Cain's plan on the other hand is almost identical to what we have today. What scares me about Mc Cain is that, he does not talk about ending the war, he wants to extend the Bush tax cuts and he wants to repeal the AMT. I just hate how Republicans fool ignorant people by telling them that they will not raise taxes, however, the loss of revenue caused by repealing the AMT will add billions to our National Debt due to lost tax revenue. Another concern I have about Mc Cain is the fact that he does not have any definite plans of ending this war, another 4 years of wars would cause our National debt to double. How can anybody support John Mc Cain based on his economic plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
McCain has no economic plan. If we keep spending $10 billion a month in Iraq forever as McCain wants to we will soon be a bankrupt nation and we are very close to it. His economic plan is to keep cutting taxes which is funny because initially he opposed them. Can you say flip flopper?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,788 times
Yes, Obama's plan to take us back to the taxing levels that we had under President Clinton, make MUCH MORE SENSE to me, that McCains continuation of the disasterous Bush policies. It is true that McCain initailly opposed Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy, but he now appears to be defending them. Also, Obama has set up a team of advisors to "study" the current financial crisis, and to find solutions that will actually work! ; as opposed to McCains baseless allegations that "I know how to fix that". . . . can someone please explain to me why the Republican base wants to believe these allegatiions that he makes, with absolutly not evidence as to their basis?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM

873 posts, read 1,589,000 times
We are so deep in debt now due to this fruitless war, a war we should never have gone into in the first place, that it will undoubtedly be far more than 4 short years for anyone to attempt to drag us out. Our "fiscal conservatives" have made blunder after blunder in more ways then anyone could possibly count.

Once upon a time, Republican meant fiscally responsible. They have abused and taken advantage of that responsibility to a horrendous degree.

But on a more positive note, Americans are now speaking up and clearly stating they are tired of the BS going on in the world today.

On the off chance that McCain does get voted in (God forbid), hopefully, he will take note and learn something by this irresponsibility and attempt to right what has up until now, been so very wrong.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Larry Hunter, REAGAN ECONOMIC adviser, in his endorsement of Obama, said: "I suspect Obama is more free-market friendly than he lets on. He taught at the University of Chicago, a hotbed of right-of-center thought. His economic advisers, notably Austan Goolsbee, recognize that ordinary citizens stand to gain more from open markets than from government meddling."

Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times
Obama has a good team of advisers and this will make a HUGE difference. Mc Cain on the other hand had Carly Fiorina as his top economic advisor. She has absolutely no background in Economics and she was fired from her job as CEO at HP. Whoever appointed Carly Fiorina as an "economic adviser" for Mc Cain was not thinking straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections