Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,858,052 times

Advertisements

"I just can't remember them all right now; Seward? No. Robert Bacon? No. William Day? No.

Sorry Senator, it looks like you won't be going on to the "lightning round".

Then in the middle of answering the next question he gives a "shout out" to George Schultz. Not a pretty sight.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 02:00 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,621,664 times
Yeah, that one tickled us too...

Old 10-26-2008, 02:01 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,449,192 times
McCain and Palin. God help us.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:06 PM

425 posts, read 1,094,132 times
Wow. Was this on Meet The Press?

Maybe he can get Nancy Reagan to whisper the answers in his ear when she's up and around again. I think they'd make a cute couple!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:20 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,858,052 times
Ellie C wrote;
Quote:
Maybe he can get Nancy Reagan to whisper the answers in his ear when she's up and around again. I think they'd make a cute couple!
I think the only thing Nancy might stick in his ear would be an icepick. Apparently the McCains were very buddy/buddy with the Reagans, until Johnny Boy kicked the first wife to the curb. Nancy cut them off, and when Nancy cuts you off, you are OFF.

golfgod

Old 10-26-2008, 02:38 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,092,325 times
McCain looks lost on "Meet the Press" - Joan Walsh - Salon.com
If John McCain was hoping to counteract Colin Powell's stunning Barack Obama endorsement by doing "Meet the Press" a week later, I'm sure he's disappointed. McCain seemed lost and not entirely convinced of his own arguments in an uninspiring sit-down with host Tom Brokaw.

The worst moment, of course, was when he boasted of having the support of five former secretaries of state, but couldn't remember all of them. He left out George Shultz, then interrupted Brokaw in the middle of his next question to give Shultz a shout-out. He told Brokaw "the enthusiasm at almost all of our [events] is at a higher level than I've ever seen," a day after Obama drew 32 times as many people as McCain to an Albuquerque, N.M., rally, according to the Politico.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,523,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
McCain looks lost on "Meet the Press" - Joan Walsh - Salon.com
If John McCain was hoping to counteract Colin Powell's stunning Barack Obama endorsement by doing "Meet the Press" a week later, I'm sure he's disappointed. McCain seemed lost and not entirely convinced of his own arguments in an uninspiring sit-down with host Tom Brokaw.

The worst moment, of course, was when he boasted of having the support of five former secretaries of state, but couldn't remember all of them. He left out George Shultz, then interrupted Brokaw in the middle of his next question to give Shultz a shout-out. He told Brokaw "the enthusiasm at almost all of our [events] is at a higher level than I've ever seen," a day after Obama drew 32 times as many people as McCain to an Albuquerque, N.M., rally, according to the Politico.

McCain is a terrible speaker, and he can't even convince himself of what he is saying.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:40 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,092,325 times
Meet The Press: McCain to Brokaw: I reject your objective measures of reality and substitute my own | Crooks and Liars
When confronted by Tom Brokaw with the daunting poll numbers that show Senator Obama leads him (by double digits) on the issue of taxes, health care, economy, and the housing crisis, John McCain comes out and simply denies that that's what the polls say and, indeed, that polls really mean anything -- well, except for the one he agrees with.

"I don't agree with their conclusion that I'm down eleven or twelve of fourteen points, whatever it is. There's a Zogby poll showing us three or four points behind. If you to continue to refer to poll I disagree with, I have to start our conversation by saying, 'I don't agree with that.' We're closing and we have been closing."

Old 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM

425 posts, read 1,094,132 times
I feel bad for him. He should have run his campaign his way, instead of listening to Rove & Co. It's like he sold his soul to the devil.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,265,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
"I just can't remember them all right now; Seward? No. Robert Bacon? No. William Day? No.

Sorry Senator, it looks like you won't be going on to the "lightning round".

Then in the middle of answering the next question he gives a "shout out" to George Schultz. Not a pretty sight.

golfgod
During the joint interview the other day with Brian Williams, Palin was dismissing Powell's endorsement as irrelevant because four former Secretaries had endorsed McCain. McCain jumped in and corrected her stating five former Sec'ys had endorsed him. That said, those five don't equal one Powell endorsement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections