Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:03 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Again, don't fall into the RACE BAIT trap from the OBAMA supporters.

McCAIN gets as much and even more negative than OBAMA. The whole liberal media and newspapers are for OBAMA.

TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE IMAGE HERE.
[/url]
That picture is HORRIFIC, especially with all that John McCain went through as a POW, and one who even refused the offer to be let go when they found out his status, he would not leave his fellow men behind. You can vote for him or not as a far as the presidency goes, but to do that with this picture is almost criminal. Wrong, wrong wrong. He has ALWAYS been for the humane treatment of war prisoners. Please edit your post and remove it or DM a mod with a request to do so. I know what your point was but to continue to spread that picture is like approving of it, even if that is not your intention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 05:06 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
And not one McCain supporter in this thread, aside from yourself, has condemned the image or even said that something was wrong with it. So, I would assume that for them there is nothing wrong with the image and it is just a joke.

It is not an image that I agree with and it is very offensive but my feelings towards McCain are not associated with what some people who call themselves supporters of his does.
Excuse me, I believe you didn't read all the posts then. I called the creator of these "bucks" a total "wing nut", I believe that would qualify as condemnation. If you didn't catch it, yes, I am voting for McCain and I condemn the Obama bucks.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:16 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
I think it's reasonable to infer that the long rant about "don't be fooled by race baiting" and the other post about the Obama supporter conversation are both defending Obama bucks in this context.
Nice try.
The Obama supporter conversation post was mine, and I absolutely did condemn the Obama Bucks.
It also wasn't meant to be read as a conversation. What is was, in my opinion, was a Cliff's Notes version of this entire election.
So you're incorrect.

Quote:
But in this context, they are clearly defending Obama bucks.
Nope. Again, in MY OPINION Obama and his supporters have played the race card more than the McCain camp. While you may disagree with my opinion, you cannot just decide that anyone who has that opinion supports the Obama Bucks stupidity. That is just plain wrong.

Quote:
Obama supporters inappropriately playing the race card deserve to be called on it. But a thread of "Obama Bucks" is not the thread to claim a race card.

Just calling it like I see it.
Any thread is an appropriate one to call people out for inappropriate behavior.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM

877 posts, read 2,768,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Excuse me, I believe you didn't read all the posts then. I called the creator of these "bucks" a total "wing nut", I believe that would qualify as condemnation. If you didn't catch it, yes, I am voting for McCain and I condemn the Obama bucks.
Well then I sincerely apologize because I did not "catch" what you had posted. The image was offensive when I first saw it and it remains offensive too me and maybe I was not thinking as clearly as I should have been when I read your reply. At first glance it appeared as if you had dismissed it as nothing of consequence and then talked about people would not be changing their votes because of it. My posts on this subject has nothing to do with voting for Obama or McCain but the feelings that I deal with when I see something like that and the type of people or person that would find something like that acceptable. Again you have my apologies as I was not reading with a clear focus but through my emotions of how degrading that image was too me. I hope you can understand that and realize the honest error that I made.

Just as an aside, the image was originally created by a Democrat who claimed he made it to poke fun at right wingers who were scared of Obama. It was reprinted in a California GOP newsletter, so too me this is not about the candidates but about these 2 people. One who thought that it was funny and he was making some kind of statement and another who reprinted this person's work without thinking, as she claims, about the stereotypes that it represented.

Last edited by drkman; 10-26-2008 at 05:58 PM..

Old 10-26-2008, 05:41 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
This is more or less how the whole election has worked out with just over a week to go:

Obama: I don't look like all of those presidents on the paper money.
McCain Supporter: OK... We know that.
Obama supporter: YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?
McCain Supporter: Actually we don't care.
Obama: Did you hear what I said? I look different, and people will use that against me.
McCain Supporter: I just really like McCain, that's all.
Obama Supporter: SEE? YOU ARE RACIST!
Oprah: HE'S THE ONE!!
McCain Supporter: He's not the one for me.
Obama Supporter: A-HA! MORE HATE FROM THE RIGHT WINGERS!
McCain: I love my country and would be honored to be President.
Obama Supporter: RACIST! HE WANTS EVERYTHING TO STAY THE SAME WHICH MEANS MORE RACISM!
Obama: I don't agree with Palin.
Obama suppoter: YES! WE LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO WIN! YOU ARE SO RIGHT! SHE'S HORRIBLE!
Palin: I don't agree with Obama.
Obama suppoter: **** YOU PALIN! SO MUCH HATE! SO MUCH RACISM!
McCain suppoter: I don't agree with what Obama has to say about the economy. I'm worried about whether or not his tax plan might cost me my job or hurt my ability to provide for my family, and I would rather put my trust in someone who has more experience. I just don't think Obama is the right man for the job.
Obama supporter: GO BACK TO YOUR KKK MEETING! I WANT TO PUNCH YOU! WE'RE GONNA WIN IN A LANDSLIDE! DON'T EVEN BOTHER VOTING!

Rinse.
Repeat.
Nice try yourself. Please point out where in your entire original post, quoted above, you "absolutely did condemn the Obama bucks."

I respectfully disagree that "any thread" is the appropriate place to discuss the race card issue. In a thread where the lead post features something that is clearly racist, the only appropriate response is condemnation, silence (so it goes away), or a comment that "not all McCain/Palin supporters agree with those tactics."

I dislike racist tactics only slightly more than people who inappropriately cry "racism" at every corner. I'll call out both of them. When I see it. In the original posts on this thread, an accusation of racism on Obama Bucks is entirely appropriate.

And since no one else has said it: The vast majority of McCain/Palin supporters would be repulsed by Obama Bucks. Please don't feed the divisiveness by painting everyone with the same brush. We're all going to need each other after this election. No matter who wins.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:09 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
Nice try yourself. Please point out where in your entire original post, quoted above, you "absolutely did condemn the Obama bucks."
I've probably condemned it on this forum more than you have. I don't owe you an explanation there. I said it was wrong. That's the last time I'm going to say it because I don't feel the need to tattoo it on my forehead.

Quote:
I respectfully disagree that "any thread" is the appropriate place to discuss the race card issue. In a thread where the lead post features something that is clearly racist, the only appropriate response is condemnation, silence (so it goes away), or a comment that "not all McCain/Palin supporters agree with those tactics."
Sorry, I didn't get the memo that you were in charge of what is or is not an appropriate response. You post things your way and I'll post things my way. If you can't live with that then that's just too bad.

Quote:
And since no one else has said it: The vast majority of McCain/Palin supporters would be repulsed by Obama Bucks. Please don't feed the divisiveness by painting everyone with the same brush. We're all going to need each other after this election. No matter who wins.
The only one I see doing that right now is you. As for needing each other, don't be ridiculous. You're not going to get anything close to the "change" you think you're going to get. Nobody needs you now, and nobody will need you during the next four years. You're still going to be responsible for yourself. You can start by not telling other people what to post on a public forum.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
LOL

Some of the most intolerant people I have ever met in my life are hardcore Obama supporters. The expression on their face when you tell them that you are not voting for Obama is scary. They look at you like they want to get a butcher knife and slash your throat.
....or carve a B on your face?

Old 10-26-2008, 07:41 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Don't know, don't care, I halfway like GRAPE Kool Aid tho I haven't had it in years, Watermelon is so so OK prefer cantaloupe but I
YouTube - popeyes? spicy! Can I get some Dirty Rice with it?

Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,590,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
This is more or less how the whole election has worked out with just over a week to go:

Obama: I don't look like all of those presidents on the paper money.
McCain Supporter: OK... We know that.
Obama supporter: YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?
McCain Supporter: Actually we don't care.
Obama: Did you hear what I said? I look different, and people will use that against me.
McCain Supporter: I just really like McCain, that's all.
Obama Supporter: SEE? YOU ARE RACIST!
Oprah: HE'S THE ONE!!
McCain Supporter: He's not the one for me.
Obama Supporter: A-HA! MORE HATE FROM THE RIGHT WINGERS!
McCain: I love my country and would be honored to be President.
Obama Supporter: RACIST! HE WANTS EVERYTHING TO STAY THE SAME WHICH MEANS MORE RACISM!
Obama: I don't agree with Palin.
Obama suppoter: YES! WE LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO WIN! YOU ARE SO RIGHT! SHE'S HORRIBLE!
Palin: I don't agree with Obama.
Obama suppoter: **** YOU PALIN! SO MUCH HATE! SO MUCH RACISM!
McCain suppoter: I don't agree with what Obama has to say about the economy. I'm worried about whether or not his tax plan might cost me my job or hurt my ability to provide for my family, and I would rather put my trust in someone who has more experience. I just don't think Obama is the right man for the job.
Obama supporter: GO BACK TO YOUR KKK MEETING! I WANT TO PUNCH YOU! WE'RE GONNA WIN IN A LANDSLIDE! DON'T EVEN BOTHER VOTING!

Rinse.
Repeat.
OMG that is fooking hilarious! And it's so true.

It don't hurt my feelings to be called racist. Especially when I know who's playing the race card.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
gee, a racist Republican? No way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections