Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,146 times

Advertisements

I agree that MSNBC is out of control during this election. Fox is horribly right leaning, but MSNBC leans worse to the left.

When I want TV news, I turn on CNN- I see leanings both ways there but it's definitely more purple than red or blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Who the hell does she think she is trying to savage Barack Obama in her abusive and demeaning accusations and outright LIES against him? Ramping up violence and hatred and racism in her rallies. For you to even SUGGEST that Sarah Palin is some kind of victim of abuse makes me want to retch.
Savage Obama? By citing his "words" and record? What exactly is she lying about?

I know you guys want to keep running with the few people at Mac/Palin rallies who have gone over the line.

There is not doubt which party is the more vile. Just take a peek at your Left-wing blogs to determine the viciousness and putrid hatred coming from the Left.

There is NO comparison.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:15 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hollywood insiders rip MSNBC, defend Palin | Reuters

We all know the vicious Left have been much worse than any other group in this election cycle. The personal attacks and vileness perpetrated on Gov Palin is unlike anything I have ever seen. I would posit fear makes people do strange things, but the Left has been displaying this kind of behavior for 7 years - it's just their nature.
FINALLY! Someone on the left with some sense!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,881 times
Quote:
No, it is not the party that appreciates women. They have shown that in spades this year. All their trumpeting about how appreciate and value women - just empty rhetoric.
Stop whining. Everyone knows McCain has one foot in the grave and the thought of a President Palin is sending people to the left in droves.

Add to the fact that millions of Americans are suffering or are in fear of losing their jobs and/or nest egg's, yet the GOP has the nerve to spend $150,000 on clothes for Pistol Palin.

Could they not have made her presentable with a fraction of that?????

As trivial as the clothes issue may seem, its just another example of the past 8 years of mismanagement by the Republican Party.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. In the interests of being fair and balanced, here's another:

My Choice: Obama

Quote:
Sens. Obama and McCain have vastly different backgrounds and strikingly different visions of how America should navigate these tumultuous times. For me, the decision on who should be the next president transcends private friendship or political affiliation. My decision is based on the long-range needs of our country and which of these two candidates I feel is better suited to recharge America's economic health, restore its prestige abroad and inspire anew all people who cherish freedom and equality. For me, that person is Barack Obama.

This decision, and this hard-fought race, have been difficult for me. In 1860, my great-grandfather ran for the Maryland Senate from Frederick on the anti-slavery Republican ticket. At the top of that ticket was Abraham Lincoln. In 1912, my grandfather rallied to Theodore Roosevelt and the Bull Moose. Most of the Mathias family has voted Republican ever since. In 1964, as a Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives, I astounded many of my friends and supporters by voting for Barry Goldwater, despite disagreeing with many of his views and despite his lack of support in my congressional district. I publicly endorse the Democratic candidate for president with a sense of the historic significance of the choice before us all.
Quote:
In these extraordinary times, Barack Obama has made a better case for why he is the right choice for president. He has earned my vote.
About the author: The writer, a Republican, represented Maryland in the U.S. House from 1961 to 1968 and in the U.S. Senate from 1969 to 1986.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:21 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Who cares? In a week, Palin will be able to go back to podunk. She's a non-factor and a never-was. The country got a glimpse of her and decided that she is better seen, NOT HEARD.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:21 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:

We all know the vicious Left have been much worse than any other group in this election cycle. The personal attacks and vileness perpetrated on Gov Palin is unlike anything I have ever seen. I would posit fear makes people do strange things, but the Left has been displaying this kind of behavior for 7 years - it's just their nature.
blah, blah, blah. You have FOX, we have MSNBC.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:

Sounds like a get together of some conservatives and a few disgruntled Clinton supporters. Anyway you left this part out...Frank Luntz:

Quote:
On a more serious note, Luntz said it's a problem that the electorate chooses to watch news programs not for information but to confirm already-held beliefs, and that applies to viewers of CNN and Fox News as well.
Luntz predicted a Barack Obama victory
and said that one of the many reasons the Democrats have been more effective with their message is because, while Republicans dominate talk radio, Democrats have begun to dominate the Internet.
"I'd rather have the Internet," he said.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
I've never heard of this person in my entire life, what has she done to prove that she's a liberal democrat other than say "I'm a liberal democrat BUT.."

You have never heard of Linda Bloodworth-Thomason? Did you ever watch "Designing Women"?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:25 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Ok, new objective, destroy this woman, search her past records, slander her, contact the other agencies to begin reports on her that show her to be devious and corrupt. Tell Moveon.org to get a crew together and blanket the internet with gossip stories. Come on people, chop to it! Ready, Set Go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections