U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,410,128 times

Advertisements

Hollywood insiders rip MSNBC, defend Palin | Reuters

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In a room full of television industry executives, no one seemed inclined to defend MSNBC on Monday for what some were calling its lopsidedly liberal coverage of the presidential election.

The cable news channel is "completely out of control," said writer-producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason, a self-proclaimed liberal Democrat.

She added that she would prefer a lunch date with right-leaning Fox News star Sean Hannity over left-leaning MSNBC star Keith Olbermann.

Olbermann was criticized by many who attended Monday's luncheon sponsored by the Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The event was dubbed "Hollywood, America and Election '08."

Bloodworth-Thomason and others seemed especially critical of the way MSNBC -- and other media -- has attacked Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin while demeaning her supporters.

"We should stop the demonizing," she said, adding that Democrats have been worse than Republicans as far as personal attacks on candidates are concerned. "It diminishes us," she said of her fellow Democrats.
We all know the vicious Left have been much worse than any other group in this election cycle. The personal attacks and vileness perpetrated on Gov Palin is unlike anything I have ever seen. I would posit fear makes people do strange things, but the Left has been displaying this kind of behavior for 7 years - it's just their nature.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 AM

17,700 posts, read 36,845,925 times
LBT is a big friend of the Clintons and she's ticked about how Hillary was treated by the democratic party. Sour grapes on her part.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 AM

543 posts, read 1,374,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
LBT is a big friend of the Clintons and she's ticked about how Hillary was treated by the democratic party. Sour grapes on her part.
Well she's right, Hillary was treated like yesterday's scraps, and don't get me started on Palin. This is the party that appreciates strong women?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,410,128 times
No, it is not the party that appreciates women. They have shown that in spades this year. All their trumpeting about how appreciate and value women - just empty rhetoric.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 AM

2,795 posts, read 3,817,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

We all know the vicious Left have been much worse than any other group in this election cycle. The personal attacks and vileness perpetrated on Gov Palin is unlike anything I have ever seen. I would posit fear makes people do strange things, but the Left has been displaying this kind of behavior for 7 years - it's just their nature.
" the vicious Left " ???? You have GOT to be freaking KIDDING me!!! it's NOT the LEFT that is viscious & vile,but the RIGHT who have been yelling horrible things at rallies,killing baby animals and draping Obama signs on the dead body, making up ridiculous "attacks" such as the woman who falsely claimed a black Obama follower robbed,beat,sexually assaulted and maimed her, the psychos who PLOTTED OBAMA'S ASSASINATION, just to name but a few. You have a lot of nerve.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:44 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,688,133 times
So why should I care what she thinks? Or anyone in Hollywood for that matter...

MSNBC is a liberal station? Shocking!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,462,636 times
Quote:

Glad someone has decided to be honest about it!!! Kudos to Linda Bloodworth-Thomason.

Somehow, the respect of your professional has to triumph over rhetoric!

I posted another thread along these lines - Media's Presidential Bias and Decline - //www.city-data.com/forum/5883885-post1.html

Old 10-28-2008, 08:48 AM

552 posts, read 1,010,533 times
I've never heard of this person in my entire life, what has she done to prove that she's a liberal democrat other than say "I'm a liberal democrat BUT.."

Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 AM

7,281 posts, read 19,688,068 times
It is BOTH parties and it is disgusting! Heaven forbid anyone focuses on issues. No everyone just smears the other like it is a popularity contest.
I also am so disgusted that the media does not do anything to educate the general American public on how this countries government really works so people can KNOW how important it is to vote and what their vote means. Do you ever see MSM explaining how congress works? How the electoral college works? No, it is just slamming of the opposite sides and political posturing.
Do MSM channels, any of them, discuss on a daily basis throughout the year what congress did that day, who wrote what policy? Who wrote what bill? What pork is filled in a bill? Who is really benefiting form bills passed by congress? God forbid they hit REAL issues that will effect the American people, no, they need to spend hours on what a politician spent on their clothes!!! Are the American people really that shallow that this kind of crap is what boosts ratings?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 AM

7,352 posts, read 9,543,045 times
Quote:

"The personal attacks and vileness perpetrated on Gov Palin"????? The woman is nastiness incarnated. The little twit. Who the hell does she think she is trying to savage Barack Obama in her abusive and demeaning accusations and outright LIES against him? Ramping up violence and hatred and racism in her rallies. For you to even SUGGEST that Sarah Palin is some kind of victim of abuse makes me want to retch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections