Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,723 times

Advertisements

Don't forget when you go to the Polls!

FROM CNN’s Jack Cafferty:

Former senator Phil Gramm, McCain’s campaign co-chairman and one of his economic advisers said the U.S. is only going through a “mental recession.” No problem.
Gramm also called the United States “a nation of whiners.

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - A “mental” recession vs. a real one? « - Blogs from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post

Former senator Phil Gramm, McCain’s campaign co-chairman and one of his economic advisers said the U.S. is only going through a “mental recession.” No problem.

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - A “mental” recession vs. a real one? « - Blogs from CNN.com

Just for that I'm gonna vote twice! Take THAT Phil Gramm!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,771 times
Another highlight of the McCain campaign disaster that they wish everyone would conveniently forget. NOT!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
We are a country of whiners. People have no idea how the rest of the world lives.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,933,235 times
You are all a bunch of whinners. Whaaaaaaaahhhhh! You lost your job. Whaaaaaahhhh. You eat at a soup kitchen. Whaaaaahhhhhh.

Live in a POW camp you wimps. When America is one large POW camp when Obama turns it into a Markist country, then we will see you is whinning.

McCain/Palin 08!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We are a country of whiners. People have no idea how the rest of the world lives.
I agree. Americans don't know how good they have it and don't appreciate what they do have.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I agree. Americans don't know how good they have it and don't appreciate what they do have.

So let me get this straight, it is a customary notion amoungst Republicans that we should judge our lifestyles to that of third world countries and that we are in fact a Nation of Whiners??

Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
OH I thought mcCain supporters don't care about the rest of the world. they don't count! we're america! we're the best country ever and we all should institute a time each day to pat ourselves on the back!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post

Good ol' Phil Gramm. I can't understand why, but he's always hated the middle class. He attributes all of America's economic ills to the American worker.

Of course, if we all had the good sense to be born into millionaire families, there wouldn't BE any economic difficulties, would there? So, I suppose Gramm is right, after all.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Good ol' Phil Gramm. I can't understand why, but he's always hated the middle class. He attributes all of America's economic ills to the American worker.

Of course, if we all had the good sense to be born into millionaire families, there wouldn't BE any economic difficulties, would there? So, I suppose Gramm is right, after all.

yep, and this man is McCain's economic advisor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections