Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-29-2008, 11:17 PM
 
1,989 posts, read 4,467,387 times
Reputation: 1401

Advertisements

I saw the ad. Verbally, it says NOTHING about Palin. Nothing. Not a word.

The sole reference is "His pick?" There is no judgment being cast there. It's an objective question.

All it has is quotes from John McCain basically saying the economy isn't his strong suit. The last quote from him, says (paraphrasing) he'll have to rely on his VP pick for economic insight.

Then they show a picture of Palin.

HOW IS THIS A CHEAP SHOT?

If they had then shown a picture of Warren Buffet, everyone would declare McCain a genius and a hero. But he didn't. He picked Palin.

The ad is simply showcasing who John McCain picked. It lets you draw your own conclusions. There isn't even "scary" music or a sarcastic announcer. Other than the juxtaposition of McCain's quotes with his VP choice, there is no editorializing whatsoever.

The crazy thing about this ad is the only way you can read it as negative is if you don't believe in Palin. If you believe in her, she's Warren Buffet and there's no problem. McCain wants to lean on his VP for economic advice and Sarah Palin is the woman for the job! Everyone's happy.

The fact that virtually everyone sees this as an "attack" ad only reveals the true degree to which they have NO CONFIDENCE in Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
 
838 posts, read 922,758 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Obama's cheap-shot attack on Sarah Palin | Midwest Voices

On Wednesday Barack Obama unleashed a new ad attacking Sarah Palin's qualifications for vice president. It's a cheap shot.
That's strange, she has qualifications like other governors....Bill Clinton for instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Reputation: 35920
Quote:
Obama is ridicuous, as if he had half the experience Palin does! Part of the arrogance/weakness.
This is something I don't quite get. Sarah was a Wasilla city councilwoman for several years. Small-town politics, where all she did was vote. No exective experience whatsover. Not much experience doing anything, really. I live in a town that used to be about the size of Wasilla. I went to a number of council meetings as an observer. Mostly it's just voting over where to put the sewage treatment plant, things like that. Then she was mayor of mighty Wasilla, which has a city manager, so I have read. So Sarah's main job was that of a figurehead, to vote when there's a tie, mess around with the librarian, stuff like that. And she is currently governor of Alaska, which she was elected to in what, 2006? Not even two years ago.

Obama was an Illinois state senator for 8 years, and was elected to the US Senate in 2004. I don't see how Sarah is soooo much more qualified to do anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 PM
 
2,195 posts, read 3,642,133 times
Reputation: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
I saw the ad. Verbally, it says NOTHING about Palin. Nothing. Not a word.

The sole reference is "His pick?" There is no judgment being cast there. It's an objective question.

All it has is quotes from John McCain basically saying the economy isn't his strong suit. The last quote from him, says (paraphrasing) he'll have to rely on his VP pick for economic insight.

Then they show a picture of Palin.

HOW IS THIS A CHEAP SHOT?

If they had then shown a picture of Warren Buffet, everyone would declare McCain a genius and a hero. But he didn't. He picked Palin.

The ad is simply showcasing who John McCain picked. It lets you draw your own conclusions. There isn't even "scary" music or a sarcastic announcer. Other than the juxtaposition of McCain's quotes with his VP choice, there is no editorializing whatsoever.

The crazy thing about this ad is the only way you can read it as negative is if you don't believe in Palin. If you believe in her, she's Warren Buffet and there's no problem. McCain wants to lean on his VP for economic advice and Sarah Palin is the woman for the job! Everyone's happy.

The fact that virtually everyone sees this as an "attack" ad only reveals the true degree to which they have NO CONFIDENCE in Palin.
Good points, well made!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Reputation: 11416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Yet you trust a man who launched his political career in the living room of a terrorist.
You really might want to do some research before you post on here.
Opinion is one thing, outright lies are another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 PM
 
8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Reputation: 1434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Obama's cheap-shot attack on Sarah Palin | Midwest Voices

On Wednesday Barack Obama unleashed a new ad attacking Sarah Palin's qualifications for vice president. It's a cheap shot.
That's the pot calling the kettle black, no pun intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 PM
 
Location: DC area
1,718 posts, read 2,425,963 times
Reputation: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That's the pot calling the kettle black, no pun intended.
That's exactly the point. He didn't say anything about her. The ad is very much one of draw your own conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2008, 07:58 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Reputation: 943
Any shot on Palin should be cheap..I wouldn't spend much on that stupid bimbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 PM
 
16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Reputation: 8384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
It's a cheap shot.
A McCain/Palin supporter calling "cheap shot", that's classic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
 
Location: CO
2,887 posts, read 7,138,369 times
Reputation: 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
I saw the ad. Verbally, it says NOTHING about Palin. Nothing. Not a word.

The sole reference is "His pick?" There is no judgment being cast there. It's an objective question.

All it has is quotes from John McCain basically saying the economy isn't his strong suit. The last quote from him, says (paraphrasing) he'll have to rely on his VP pick for economic insight.

Then they show a picture of Palin.

HOW IS THIS A CHEAP SHOT?

If they had then shown a picture of Warren Buffet, everyone would declare McCain a genius and a hero. But he didn't. He picked Palin.

The ad is simply showcasing who John McCain picked. It lets you draw your own conclusions. There isn't even "scary" music or a sarcastic announcer. Other than the juxtaposition of McCain's quotes with his VP choice, there is no editorializing whatsoever.

The crazy thing about this ad is the only way you can read it as negative is if you don't believe in Palin. If you believe in her, she's Warren Buffet and there's no problem. McCain wants to lean on his VP for economic advice and Sarah Palin is the woman for the job! Everyone's happy.

The fact that virtually everyone sees this as an "attack" ad only reveals the true degree to which they have NO CONFIDENCE in Palin.
It's almost like saying the emperor wears no clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top