Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:38 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*L* For someone who worked in media, you sure have very little understanding of how media works.
Nope, and we can stop right there. I've worked for some pretty big outlets and actually ran one. We did really well too. That's because I made sure we always followed the rules, and rule number one was... Ready? The airwaves belong to the public.

I don't care if you disagree with me over who I'm voting for, and I still think your guy is going to win. I just really don't know why you want to try and explain a profession to me that I worked in at every possible level. I wouldn't even attempt to do that to you.

What it really does though is prove my point.
Obama supporters cannot stand even the smallest amount of criticism or correction. Even in winning this election, which again, I fully expect you to do, you just can't accept the fact that someone might just disagree with you... And that someone might even know a little bit more about ANYTHING than you do.

But that's OK. I consider the source and move on.

There's only one thing worse than a sore winner. A sore winner who hasn't won anything yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:42 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I've made hundreds of thousands of dollars working in the media.
You sure as hell didn't work on the news end of things if you've made hundreds of thousands. Unless you're somebody we've heard of by your real name on a national level, which I doubt.

I can't tell how many times people have asked me to be interviewed to do this or that or how many times I've been told I need to do something on this or that by random people. They don't decide that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent
This thread is about the fact that the airwaves belong to everyone who wishes to use them.
Ha. Whoever pays to use them, maybe.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You sure as hell didn't work on the news end of things if you've made hundreds of thousands. Unless you're somebody we've heard of by your real name on a national level, which I doubt.

I can't tell how many times people have asked me to be interviewed to do this or that or how many times I've been told I need to do something on this or that by random people. They don't decide that.

Ha. Whoever pays to use them, maybe.
Wrong. On everything.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Wrong. On everything.
Great! I look forward to hearing you explain all this on CNN or Fox tomorrow at 7pm. I'll call them in a few seconds, because the airwaves belong to me too, and set up the interview time. I'll let you know what news outlet will work out best and contact you via city-data.

I look forward to watching your interview!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Wrong. On everything.
Prove it.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Well even though you decided to doubt my experience, I won't doubt that people have asked you to be interviewed.

I'll tell you this much. On the local level, every single television and radio station in your area MUST provide public service time. It won't be during morning drive time, but you absolutely can be interviewed on virtually any station in your area if you make a request. You can also see the books if you make a request to do that. And in most cases you should still be able to get at least some kind of a tour of the facility itself. I'm not 100% sure on the last part anymore since I've moved into a different field, but that's how it used to be anyway.

You wanna be interviewed? You can be.

I'm not even being political in these posts. I'm just telling you what I know because it's the truth. If you have something to say, go and request the time and say it. If I was still in the industry and you wanted time on my station, you would have it. And if I didn't agree with what you had to say, that would be tough luck on me. I could reply at another time, but your time is your time and I would respect that.

Again, it's about respecting everyones' right to have a voice.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Well even though you decided to doubt my experience
I tend to doubt everything I read, hear or get told by default. Especially on the Internet. Nothing personal, it's just the way I roll.

I don't know a whole lot about broadcast. I've only dabbled in it at most. My background is in print.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Great! I look forward to hearing you explain all this on CNN or Fox tomorrow at 7pm. I'll call them in a few seconds, because the airwaves belong to me too, and set up the interview time. I'll let you know what news outlet will work out best and contact you via city-data.

I look forward to watching your interview!!!
I've been interviewed on the national level, but again, this is not about me. It's about the reality that everyone should have a voice. That includes you too. You don't like Joe or Tito. Fine. They have a right to be heard, so do you, so does everyone. Let's just agree to disagree and not bore anyone else here with this.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:57 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Well even though you decided to doubt my experience, I won't doubt that people have asked you to be interviewed.

I'll tell you this much. On the local level, every single television and radio station in your area MUST provide public service time. It won't be during morning drive time, but you absolutely can be interviewed on virtually any station in your area if you make a request. You can also see the books if you make a request to do that. And in most cases you should still be able to get at least some kind of a tour of the facility itself. I'm not 100% sure on the last part anymore since I've moved into a different field, but that's how it used to be anyway.

You wanna be interviewed? You can be.

I'm not even being political in these posts. I'm just telling you what I know because it's the truth. If you have something to say, go and request the time and say it. If I was still in the industry and you wanted time on my station, you would have it.
What does this have to do with Tito being on Fox and speaking on behalf of the McCain/Palin camp? Not just anyone can get on Fox and speak on behalf of a presidential campaign. You have to be asked to do that by the campaign, which is the only way you are getting onto a major news network.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I tend to doubt everything I read, hear or get told by default. Especially on the Internet. Nothing personal, it's just the way I roll.
I don't blame you and I don't take it the least bit personally. It's something I'm passionate about, so I said my peace about it. If you do decide to secure TV or radio time at some point, I really do wish you all of the success in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections