Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:40 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

Obama will win this election by probably 3% points, which is what Bush did in 04. That margin transferred into a 286-252 margin. Obama will probably do similarly, between 285 and 300 EVs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 12:44 PM

218 posts, read 547,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
I'm poor and white and I already voted for Obama on Monday. My state has early voting so I went early. It was the first time I voted since Clinton's re-election. My two kids able to vote also voted early...first time for them. This is a historic election that will be talked about in History books when we are all dead and gone. People want to be a part of it...that is why my town expects over 90% voter turnout of eligible voters.

Congratulations! But that is not what I asked but congrats to you all the same.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:44 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
I guess the moral of the story is. Place your faith in the results, not on the guessing of the results. That way, you aren't surprised at the results. We will wait and see, time will tell.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:47 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
let me help you out here. (while i'm still getting over the fact that you offered A NY Post article as respectable proof...)

ACORN was an example of Voter REGISTRATION fraud (which had nothing to do with Obama or his campaign.) they registered people several different times, for example, or registered "mickey mouse" or the name of a restaurant.

Any rational person can understand that does NOT mean that Mickey Mouse is going to show up at the polls and want to vote. neither is "Bob Evans Restaurant." And Even if a person's name was given to acorn more than once as a registration, people are not allowed to vote more than once. that's why there are safeguards and poll workers keeping track of these things.
Here's more about "double voting fraud"
Alleged double-voting (The Truth About Fraud) (http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/case_studies_by_issue/alleged_doublevoting.html#more - broken link)

Old 10-30-2008, 12:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Just an early clue, but like I've been predicting, the polls are flawed. Flawed based on the numerous pre-criteria they set on whom they poll, to get those "projected" voters. If you looked at the data of whom they were "projecting", the dynamics were much different then past elections. This was a Big mistake! The dynamics are exactly the same as the last two elections. Depsite what the media has lead you to believe, it is exactly the same as the past two, elections!

HERE IS THE BIG CLUE:

In Florida, depiste numerous more Democrats voting early, it appears McCain has a 5-7 point lead in the early voting, via post voting polls. A shocker? Not at all to me. This past week, I've read over a dozen articles indicating why this might happen. The polls had Obama up by 8 a week ago. Now they panic as they know they are wrong and drop those numbers to Obama +2 this morning. STIIL WRONG guys! McCain likely has sound 8 point lead in Florida.

Look at this too: Both campaigns run their own internal straight forward polling to use for strategies on where to campaign the hardest. The campaigns never tell the public these poll results, as they are not for public viewing. However, they often leak out. There were stories out last week that both polls showed the race dead even! Then we had Obama constantly telling his supporters not to assume they were winning and not to get over-confident. He said this like 100 times over a week. Then we had McCain promising a victory and said so with great confidence.

So all those 10 toss-up, or battle ground states showing Obama up by 2-5 points? Worthless polling folks! Today the main polls tighten the polls to Obama +2, with a few showing Obama +5. They are all flawed and wrong.

McCain is going to win this election! The McCain camp knows it, and so does Wall street!

I'd just like to point out a glaring contradiction in your post.

1. You challenge the prevailing wisdom because you say the polls are flawed.

2. You justify your skepticism by citing polls.

Without resorting to a poll, I boldly predict that you're going to be very unhappy next week.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:54 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'd just like to point out a glaring contradiction in your post.

1. You challenge the prevailing wisdom because you say the polls are flawed.

2. You justify your skepticism by citing polls.

Without resorting to a poll, I boldly predict that you're going to be very unhappy next week.
apples to apples buddy. The Polls in Florida are from those whom have already cast their votes. Big difference from some 20 something deciding whom they are going to call, based on whom they feel is projected to actually vote. The polls AFTER people have voted are much more likely scenarios. McCain ahead by 5-7 in Florida, yet last week the media said he had no chance.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
Quote:
apples to apples buddy. The Polls in Florida are from those whom have already cast their votes. Big difference from some 20 something deciding whom they are going to call, based on whom they feel is projected to actually vote. The polls AFTER people have voted are much more likely scenarios. McCain ahead by 5-7 in Florida, yet last week the media said he had no chance.
Based on a very small sample of people that responded. If you had bothered to read the link I posted, you'd see that another poll has Obama in the lead based on people who have already voted. Just can't get nothing past you psychics.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Dude stop going to those psychic-psycho clinics. Get real help !

Old 10-30-2008, 12:58 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Arrogance View Post
Congratulations! But that is not what I asked but congrats to you all the same.
I didn't answer the question because the point I was making was obvious. This election is historical for black people in this country. Most will be voting for Obama and are much more motivated to vote than in previous elections. Those voters aren't the ones who are typically polled.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:04 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:

I see...

The polls you don't like are flawed. The polls you like are accurate.

That explains this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections