Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL Thanks for that laugh. You meant to say that nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of dollars calling for Obama.

When we have faced down impossible odds; when we've been told that we're not ready, or that we shouldn't try, or that we can't,

Generations of Americans have responded with a simple creed that sums up the spirit of a people.

Yes. We. Can.

Vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I cannot believe the election is so close! Under one week and MAYBE we will have a reasoned Democrat in office! I personally say let's change all leadership in the Congress, replace Pelosi and Reid. I dunno, I'm a faithful Democrat and they're better than any Republican but our party can do such better in our congressional leadership. Hillary for Senate leader! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-----------

"I'm a faithful Democrat "

Does that mean your a loyal lemming?

I ask because the betrayel that Pelosi inflicted upon the Dems in last 2 yrs is unreal. EVERY speech she speaks out against Bush only to than do a 180 and vote with Bush.

Yes you would like her out but in the end if she stays you accept the betrayel as your a "faithful Democrat " and reward anyone with the tittle Dem regardless of how badly they betray you.

Her voting record is that of a Neocon in last 2 yrs. Only lemmings are loyal to a tittle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I did read her post and stand by my question. Perhaps you should read it again. She saids they are better than most Reps yet Pelosi has same voting record as most reps (speeches I don't count).

Pelosi has no convictions and easily betrays her supporters because of the lemming "faithful voters".

It is because of lemming support that BOTH parties feel confident in betraying voters as they know the lemmings will in the end over loook constant betrayel and reward them with reelection.

I know you support Nancy but take a good look at her voting record last 2 yrs you would think she was Dick Cheney with hair. Yes, you subscribe to rewarding her for it because of her tittle "democrat" which is sad.
You have no idea who I support. A little presumptuous aren't you. You also conveniently ignored the writing in bold above - Reading is Fundamental.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:22 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Default Change in our pockets where dollars used to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in the way - nothing can stand in the way of the Power of Millions of Voices calling for Change. -
Senator Obama

Vote
Considering the changes he wants to make, that should be enough to scare anybody who has traditional values.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,406 times
We do understand as Khuschev did five decades ago:

"The press is our chief ideological weapon."

"Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!"

"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all."

Old 10-31-2008, 06:25 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Considering the changes he wants to make, that should be enough to scare anybody who has traditional values.
Obama supporters don't have traditional values?! HUH!
(Not sure what you're talking about...I thought traditional values meant working hard and providing for your family, taking care of your family and helping out neighbors, striving to be the best you can be, taking responsibility for your actions)

Change has been a long time coming...no turning back now!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:27 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I cannot believe the election is so close! Under one week and MAYBE we will have a reasoned Democrat in office! I personally say let's change all leadership in the Congress, replace Pelosi and Reid. I dunno, I'm a faithful Democrat and they're better than any Republican but our party can do such better in our congressional leadership. Hillary for Senate leader! LOL
I would like that VERY MUCH.

Ken

Old 10-31-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Lol...you're funny. What's a traditional Value? Define it for us.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:33 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Lol...you're funny. What's a traditional Value? Define it for us.
They are no longer authorized and anybody that espouses such drivel need to be reported.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flu189 View Post
They are no longer authorized and anybody that espouses such drivel need to be reported.
It's certainly become more difficult to get direct answers to some of these questions...ah well.

Vote.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
That chant brought about many leaders such as Hitler;stalin and oithers that many didn't live to regret and many did.Change can mean many things and alot can go wrong. But luckily he will have no more power than any president.Afterall he couldn't even get the nomination without going to the super delegates or more than 50% of the vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections