Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

What concerns me is the possibility that Palin honestly expects the world to end in our lifetime. Her whacked religious extremism is every bit as disconcerting and potentially dangerous as that of the Islamic extremists. It would be "us vs them" with her, with no one winning.

And she's full of herself. Her ambition seems to be for power for it's own sake and not derived from any desire to be a public servant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
..but, think seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY about Palin in the White House. ................... Try to picture it in your mind, 6 months, 1 year down the road and Palin on screen over and over again. Once she's in, no Tina Fey skit is going to drown her out.

................I admit, I am scared, frightened, horrified of that thought. Romney, Giuliani, anyone would have been better than what might possibly befall us next week.

Everyone else, PLEASE do not let it happen. Vote Obama 08! And tell a friend!
I have been thinking seriously about Palin as VP (who, by the way, won't be living at the White House so let your worries be over).

But I am seriously hoping she makes it to Washington with John McCain. I think she's terrific and real and honest and far more in touch with the American people than Obama. And she has far more experience of being at the helm and getting things done than Barack Obama who has had none.

But I know the fear that you mention. I live with it. And every passing day I worry more about our country and what lies ahead of us if Obama is elected.

The CHANGE that is coming will not be the change the Obamites expect. There are going to be so many sad, miserable, confused, disappointed, perplexed people out there saying "Whatever happened to THE ONE?".

So I have told a friend, many friends, and with a little luck they told their friends who told their friends and maybe, just maybe, there is hope of keeping this unknown, unqualified, untested, shadow of a man out of the White House.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I have been thinking seriously about Palin as VP (who, by the way, won't be living at the White House so let your worries be over).

But I am seriously hoping she makes it to Washington with John McCain. I think she's terrific and real and honest and far more in touch with the American people than Obama. And she has far more experience of being at the helm and getting things done than Barack Obama who has had none.

But I know the fear that you mention. I live with it. And every passing day I worry more about our country and what lies ahead of us if Obama is elected.

The CHANGE that is coming will not be the change the Obamites expect. There are going to be so many sad, miserable, confused, disappointed, perplexed people out there saying "Whatever happened to THE ONE?".

So I have told a friend, many friends, and with a little luck they told their friends who told their friends and maybe, just maybe, there is hope of keeping this unknown, unqualified, untested, shadow of a man out of the White House.
Well if you are telling people how great Palin is, I doubt they are taking your judgment seriously (or they're chuckling behind your back).

When did we become a country who wants a bumpkin "just like your average joe" at the helm? Only the newly branded Republican Party holds up doltishness, anti-science and below average as the new ideal. I thought it was the Republican Party that was so hung up on role models, weren't they?

Let me put it this way: the fears you harbor about Obama are probably based on what people say about him. The fears I have about Palin are based on what actually comes out of her mouth. (McCain is such a non-candidate that he hardly deserves a mention here).

Old 10-31-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Well if you are telling people how great Palin is, I doubt they are taking your judgment seriously (or they're chuckling behind your back).

..................... (McCain is such a non-candidate that he hardly deserves a mention here).
Fortunately, people take me very seriously and treat me with respect because that's how I treat them. Contrary to your opinion, Palin has a growing number of people supporting her and like it or not, you'll be seeing a lot more of her down the road whether we win this election or not.

Unlike many liberals, I realize that whether you support Obama or McCain doesn't determine your IQ level. I don't blindly accuse people of being stupid or uninformed. I don't suggest that if someone is for Obama they are necessarily not doing their homework and studying both sides of the issues.

So when I speak with people in person (as opposed to this message board), I encounter reasonableness and an ability to discuss the attributes of McCain/Palin vs Obama/Biden without the rancor I see here.

And speaking of taking someone seriously, your final comment disqualifies you from that entirely. Please!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
You know the your sentiments about Sarah Palin are exactly the same trepidation I have with the thought of an Obama presidency.
Even in your most delusional moments, I can't believe you really believe that. Palin is Joe the Plumber in a (expensive) skirt. Would you really allow yourself to be manipulated like that?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Eagleburger is one of the 5 Secretaries of State McCain touts as his supporter. Yesterday, on an NPR interview (http://www.examiner.com/r-3280106~Eagleburger_Blisters_Palin___Of_Course__Sh e_s_Not_Ready.html) (broken link) he said "Of course, she is not ready" !! Plus, he "devoutly hoped she would never be tested". Again, this is one of the 5 "references" for McCain!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:34 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
..but, think seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY about Palin in the White House. We've seen over the last month that she will not be a "quiet" V.P., but that she will have an agenda of her own and she will use her position to exert public opinion on a whole bunch of whacked out initiatives. It'd be like Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest having their own lackey in the White House doing their bidding. Try to picture it in your mind, 6 months, 1 year down the road and Palin on screen over and over again. Once she's in, no Tina Fey skit is going to drown her out.

Yes, sanrene and other McCainites. I admit, I am scared, frightened, horrified of that thought. Romney, Giuliani, anyone would have been better than what might possibly befall us next week.

Thank you, and have a great day.
I find the thought of a person being president who has absolutely no respect for some of the most valuable civil rights in this country to be frightening.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:07 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
..but, think seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY about Palin in the White House. We've seen over the last month that she will not be a "quiet" V.P., but that she will have an agenda of her own and she will use her position to exert public opinion on a whole bunch of whacked out initiatives. It'd be like Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest having their own lackey in the White House doing their bidding. Try to picture it in your mind, 6 months, 1 year down the road and Palin on screen over and over again. Once she's in, no Tina Fey skit is going to drown her out.

Yes, sanrene and other McCainites. I admit, I am scared, frightened, horrified of that thought. Romney, Giuliani, anyone would have been better than what might possibly befall us next week.

Thank you, and have a great day.
I love your post. First dude and Sarah would have all of eating moose stew. No she will remain very vocal long after she returns to the frozen state of AK. Not a wise move on JM's part. I felt he was angry at the USA and all of its citizens with the selection of Sarah-don't know what the vp does-Palin. We deserve a VP who is CIC ready/knowledgeable.
Sorry sanrene and other McCainites I haven't read enough of your posts to agree or disagree with. I just did not want to snip the post.

Last edited by Freemore; 10-31-2008 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: apology

Old 10-31-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Even in your most delusional moments, I can't believe you really believe that. Palin is Joe the Plumber in a (expensive) skirt. Would you really allow yourself to be manipulated like that?
Who's being manipulated? Yikes!!! The master of manipulation is Senator Barack Obama.

I don't give him much, but this man has run the most amazing campaign I have ever seen. He gets all the points for that. No one has much of a chance up against him except, maybe, hopefully, John McCain.

Do you know that there are people out there who honestly believe, from what they've heard Obama say, that once he's President they will no longer have to worry about paying their mortgage or buying gas?

Gosh, he's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Eagleburger is one of the 5 Secretaries of State McCain touts as his supporter. Yesterday, on an NPR interview (http://www.examiner.com/r-3280106~Eagleburger_Blisters_Palin___Of_Course__Sh e_s_Not_Ready.html) (broken link)he said "Of course, she is not ready" !! Plus, he "devoutly hoped she would never be tested". Again, this is one of the 5 "references" for McCain!
And I devoutly hope Obama will never be tested. So we're even.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:15 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

And I devoutly hope Obama will never be tested. So we're even.
No - you and Eagleburger are even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections