Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:54 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times

Advertisements

BREAKING: you know this audiotape is bad for Obama, REALLY bad, because Obama’s followers got dead SILENT all of a sudden « HillBuzz

Here are a few snippets from one Obama worker. You can read the whole thing at the link above. Scroll down to comment #25.

"We pay people and organize people to go to all the online sites and “play the part of a clinton or mccain supporter who just switched our support for obama”

"Next, we infiltrate all the blogs and all the youtube videos and overwhelm the voting, the comments, etc. All to continue this appearance of overwhelming world support."

"The operation is massive, the goal is to paint a picture that is that of a winner, regardless of the results.
There is no true inauguration draft or true grant park construction going on. There will be a party, but we are boasting beyond the truth to make it seem like the election is wrapped up.
Our goal is to continue to make you lose your moral. We worked hard at persuasion and paying off and timing and playing the right political numbers to get key republican endorsements to make it seem even more like it was over and the world was coming to an end for you all.
There is a huge staff of people working around the clock, watching every site, blogs, etc. We flood these sites. We have had a goal to overwhelm."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,046 times
McCain has his own little program too

McCain ‘Pays’ Bloggers to Say Nice Things « naked candidate (http://nakedcandidate.com/2008/08/07/mccain-offers-you-valuable-prizes/ - broken link)

Old 10-30-2008, 12:57 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,060 times
Nearly everyone here it seems...

"Next, we infiltrate all the blogs and all the youtube videos and overwhelm the voting, the comments, etc. All to continue this appearance of overwhelming world support."

It is all so frustrating on both sides, embarrassing really.

The person who deserves the mantle of power most, desires it the least.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Very true comments in the article. Obama followers don't know how to answer tough questions. Funny to see them get quiet an "hope" and issue will "change" and go away.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times

An unnamed aide says Palin is a Whack Job and it's an unverifiable stunt made up by the left.

Some anonymous poster posts without using their real name on some nameless blog and it Must be true.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Baloney. I were getting paid for posting. As I said when someone accused me of working for ACORN a few weeks ago, I wish I had gotten paid to encourage people to register & vote.

As much as I enjoy posting on City-Data, I don't think the campaign would be spending time on a message board like this. They can spend their time & money much more productively. By the way, most people aren't "on the clock" as you wrote. What I mean is that I was shocked to see how many people are volunteering several hours a week, even 12 hours a day. These are retirees, students and working people on their days off. I've met doctors, nurses and some retired military folks. Nobody gets a dime. They just are eager to share with others their passion for a just government and a country in which we can work together as Americans.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Sounds exactly what goes on here. I'd say a lot of them here are on the clock for Obama.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:09 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,933,806 times
You right wingers are just so mad that Obama has a ground force that just crushes what McCain could possibly have.

His campaign is running smooth, orderly, and organized. While McCains is runnning Erratic, disfunctional, and disorganized.

In other words, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:10 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
I've already admitted I'm on the clock for Obama. What more do you want from me?

Old 10-30-2008, 01:11 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
You right wingers are just so mad that Obama has a ground force that just crushes what McCain could possibly have.

His campaign is running smooth, orderly, and organized. Cry it up!
Is that why the polls show McCain leading in the early voting in Florida even though more Dems have voted than Reps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections