Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:03 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,030,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thats not why we went to war. We went to war because Saddam was involved in the attacks of September 11th and had weapons of mass destruction that he would use on us next.

Any particular reason you are apparently the only person in the country to have this info?

Better brand of tin-foil!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 06:03 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,415,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
You are not serious? You do not really believe that, do you? I can't even deal with you people anymore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You thought I was serious?

Puh-lease!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,336,559 times
Quote:
Thats not why we went to war. We went to war because Saddam was involved in the attacks of September 11th and had weapons of mass destruction that he would use on us next.

Guess you werent paying attention
That is factually incorrect. I have done the research.

Find a primary source and quote the link here for us all to read. Read through Bush's own speeches.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,415,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
That is factually incorrect. I have done the research.

Find a primary source and quote the link here for us all to read. Read through Bush's own speeches.
What are you talking about?

George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and the neocon cabal surrounding them made numerous inferences to 9/11 and Saddam Hussein. However, what they made explicitly clear was that Saddam Hussein was also in possession of nuclear weapons and posed an imminent threat.

This turned out to be patently false and deliberately misleading, which is an impeachable offense on its own. Finding proof that these liars didnt believe their own BS is not crystal clear and therefore the only thing (including lack of Democratic spine) in keeping them from facing criminal charges.

However, if said proof does arise, and if an insider with a conscience is willing to testify, perhaps that will change in the future.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,110,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
This pretty much sums it all up...Sorry if it's a repost!!

Hell yeah it was. Stupidest move since Vietnam.
Bush had to finish daddy's war with Saddam.

The dude who blew up our buildings never was in Iraq.

What a waste of money and time that was. I don't want to bring freedom to the world, I just want to feed our homeless children HERE in America.

PRIORITIES!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:15 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,110,859 times
Quote:
+

Excuse me?? I have 6 family members that are currently serving in the military. 2 of them in SF(special forces)..
Looks like someone needed to pay for college somehow and leveraged their soul to the military. The only people who join up are poor folks and fanatics. I have 2 in my family. So what??

Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about?

George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and the neocon cabal surrounding them made numerous inferences to 9/11 and Saddam Hussein. However, what they made explicitly clear was that Saddam Hussein was also in possession of nuclear weapons and posed an imminent threat.

This turned out to be patently false and deliberately misleading, which is an impeachable offense on its own. Finding proof that these liars didnt believe their own BS is not crystal clear and therefore the only thing (including lack of Democratic spine) in keeping them from facing criminal charges.

However, if said proof does arise, and if an insider with a conscience is willing to testify, perhaps that will change in the future.
Quote your primary source, for PROOF, not just talk. NOT just a bunch of people talking but a real source.

Just because Bush and Cheney made inferences, that means nothing, I call it lying, you call it inferences. There was never and is not now any EVIDENCE that Iraq had WMD or any connection with the 911 bombings.

If you believe otherwise, show me your source. Primary source, not talk by people who want to justify what they have done but PROOF. Bush himself even made a speech where he admitted what I am saying.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,962,554 times
Quote:
Iraq is a FREE country now.. Why is it so hard for you people to see that??

With all the problems we have here...who cares if Iraq is free? And with all the violence still going on there, who exactly is free?

Hussein was executed, yet Bin Laden is still out there. That doesn't make US free!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,026,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
lol there were no terrorist groups either....why not free the palestines from the isrealis
and we are turning into a Banana Republic!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
With all the problems we have here...who cares if Iraq is free? And with all the violence still going on there, who exactly is free?

Hussein was executed, yet Bin Laden is still out there. That doesn't make US free!
Yea, I always thought that was interesting, the man actually behind 911, a 6'4 Saudi dragging a dialysis machine in a region with spotty electricity can't be found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections