Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:51 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Or……

I think the person who has the most important job in America…should know what round it is. Too bad some people are mad “their” candidate is just too old and out of touch.
Of course…. that’s the whole problem with the “god and guns crowd” .
The point is, this is rumor. Get it? Why spread them? McCain is not "just to old and out of touch." He knows the Earth is spherical and rotates on its axis. Good grief. And what does this nonsense have to do with the Second Amendment and a person's religion? Focus.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:26 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,032 times
I think McCain is tired. It's been a long campaign. And he's not campaigning in familiar territory-- he's become some kind of GOP automaton instead of himself-- that's got to wear on you after a while. Plus, his campaign isn't doing well. It's a negative feedback loop.

Give the guy a break, he's not off the deep end, just beat.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:37 PM

196 posts, read 444,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
I think McCain is tired. It's been a long campaign. And he's not campaigning in familiar territory-- he's become some kind of GOP automaton instead of himself-- that's got to wear on you after a while. Plus, his campaign isn't doing well. It's a negative feedback loop.

I agree, McCain has seen a lot in his lifetime and he's older now, both candidates have overcome incredible obstacles and for that they both deserve some recognition.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
I would have voted for McCain if he had not chosen Palin. When he picked Palin it showed me that he was senile!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:58 PM

196 posts, read 444,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I would have voted for McCain if he had not chosen Palin. When he picked Palin it showed me that he was senile!
You're not lying, I've been saying the same thing from the start. The VP pick is too important to throw away like that.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:37 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post

There has been alot of press about John McCain being a bit senile. Last week there was a report he went to go to the bathroom...lost his way...and was found wandering in the parking lot. They say the SS has him fitted with a leg GIS so he can't get lost.

Can this be true?
That was Biden, not McCain.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Let us see. McCain's mom is 96 years old, very bright and conversant. She has a memory of a person half her age. Obviously longevity runs in the family, so all of you who are worried about Palin for President probably don't need to worry at all.
His Mom was not a POW for 5 years though nor does she have (every likely) PTSD.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
Okay to you all who don't like the longevity story. That's true, it doesn't always mean a thing. My point is worrying about McCain dying and his failing health as you see it is something that is out of our control. He may live to be 100 or die tomorrow. No one on this Earth knows. Many people who appear extremely healthy can drop dead very young and very quickly. Anyway, McCain is still alive and doing quite well in my opinion. Are any of you worried that some nut might decide to do something to Obama? I would worry more about that.

Maybe it's not the men about which you're worried; maybe it's just the VP who would take over the spot. I'll take Palin any day over Biden. All the Obama people think his winning is "in the bag" so why worry when McCain "doesn't stand a chance."

Wait! I'm totally off topic. The question was, "Is McCain senile." The answer is, "No!"

Old 10-31-2008, 05:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post

I have to agree with you.I cannot imagine how worn out I would feel after going through just a week of what these two men are going through and HAVE been going through for months.I'm nearly HALF McCain's age and I don't flatter myself by thinking that I could go 24/7 like that and while watching every single word that I uttered on top of that because of all the transparency in the world today(a good thing for us,bad for him).On the flip side tho',he is reaching that age where forgetfullness and confusion CAN creep in.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:53 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Okay to you all who don't like the longevity story. That's true, it doesn't always mean a thing. My point is worrying about McCain dying and his failing health as you see it is something that is out of our control. He may live to be 100 or die tomorrow. No one on this Earth knows. Many people who appear extremely healthy can drop dead very young and very quickly. Anyway, McCain is still alive and doing quite well in my opinion. Are any of you worried that some nut might decide to do something to Obama? I would worry more about that.

Maybe it's not the men about which you're worried; maybe it's just the VP who would take over the spot. I'll take Palin any day over Biden. All the Obama people think his winning is "in the bag" so why worry when McCain "doesn't stand a chance."

Wait! I'm totally off topic. The question was, "Is McCain senile." The answer is, "No!"
rotflmao....Have you gone stark raving mad??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections