Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Does anyone here remember Ronald Reagan? The initial signs of senility are subtle, but not too difficult to detect if one has some experience in this field.

Some of the initial signs of seniliy (not to be confused with the "normal" short term memory lapses of many older people) are the appearance of anger and distress, actual "anger" usually associated with confusion and innablilty to "follow" a train of thought.The person experiencing these emotions is in denial, in the early stages, about what is happening, he or she will "blame" those around them for these lapses, which tends to escalate the anger. As the disease progresses, the person with this condition will begin to realize that something is wrong. They become "expert" at covering up their memory lapses. Those who love and support people with this condition tend to "stick close" and watch closely, ready to jump in and "assist" if necessary. Cindy McCain's consant presence, close to her husband, at all public events is reminicent, for me, of this behavior.
Unfortunately,I do.I remember his insane ramblings all to well.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:18 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
I don't think he's senile yet, but I believe he's on the verge of it.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:18 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default IS McCAIN SENILE?

No, but he's angry and discouraged. His campaign has been a total disaster. He trusted the same smear merchants who ran the Bush fear-mongering campaigns to get him elected and found out these guys thought they were running 2004 all over again.

Change.

It's what happened over the past four years and they missed it. Completely. I still expect a "terrifying" bin Laden tape to surface in the next few days, though.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:22 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
No, but he's angry and discouraged. His campaign has been a total disaster. He trusted the same smear merchants who ran the Bush fear-mongering campaigns to get him elected and found out these guys thought they were running 2004 all over again.

Change.

It's what happened over the past four years and they missed it. Completely. I still expect a "terrifying" bin Laden tape to surface in the next few days, though.
Yeah, that will come over the weekend. The republicans will dig up an old tape of Bin Laden no one has seen before......

Old 10-31-2008, 01:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post

There has been alot of press about John McCain being a bit senile. Last week there was a report he went to go to the bathroom...lost his way...and was found wandering in the parking lot. They say the SS has him fitted with a leg GIS so he can't get lost.

Can this be true?
He was born senile...in 1885....

Naww, really, he's just stupid and on a lot of "meds".

Old 10-31-2008, 01:26 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I still expect a "terrifying" bin Laden tape to surface in the next few days, though.
At this point, almost 25% of the registered voters have voted so it wouldn't matter. Why? Because if he had a "gamechanging" tape, and he waited to pull it out of this pocket at this late date, it would only make people realize he's no longer thinking clearly. If he was, he'd have done it two weeks ago--before people started voting.

Think about it. Really, you'd have to wonder at his judgement for waiting so long. The smart time to pull an October surprise is---take a guess, you got it--October!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Yeah, that will come over the weekend. The republicans will dig up an old tape of Bin Laden no one has seen before......

They're probably working overtime in a video studio putting it together right now.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:28 PM

312 posts, read 725,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Party affiliation aside, making fun of a POW is all class. Thanks for reminding me that you people are on the wrong side of things... Not that I needed it, but thanks just the same.
So....by your logic, we should endorse someone senile to run the country just because he's a POW???

Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
At this point, almost 25% of the registered voters have voted so it wouldn't matter. Why? Because pulling a "gamechanging" tape out of this pocket at this late date just shows he's no longer thinking clearly. If he was, he'd have done it two weeks ago--before people started voting.

Think about it. Really, you'd have to wonder at his judgement for waiting so long. The smart time to pull an October surprise is---take a guess, you got it--October!

Why would they start doing something right at this point?

Old 10-31-2008, 01:33 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
I personally don't think McCain is senile but he does have some serious issues with self control. From the ACM piece:

He has been called McNasty and Senator Hothead, but John McCain has called his fellow senators far worse. Newsweek reported that he “erupted out of the blue” at Budget Committee Chairman Pete Domenici, saying, “only an a--hole would put together a budget like this.” He called Sen. Chuck Grassley a “f---ing jerk” and capped a profane tirade during last year’s amnesty debate by screaming “f--- you” at Sen. John Cornyn. Then there was the scuffle on the Senate floor with Strom Thurmond when the South Carolina senator was a less-than-spry 93.

Just not the kind of temperament I would prefer in a man sitting next to the red phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections