Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times

Advertisements

No Regrets: From our August 2001 issue: "Kill your parents!"

This is a very interesting read. "I'm not that radical," Ayers retorted.

No Regrets - Chicago Magazine - August 2001 - Chicago

This ain't going away, until Obama throws this man under his bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:53 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,533 times
Does it ever stop?

And Obama is close friends with this man, the man who got him started running for this office, one of his mentors, one of his fellow board members.

Wow, when will people see this?

Time to wake up America.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
What is it with you people and your need to lie (excuse me, mislead) in your thread titles? Not just you, but the paper's headline, too. Fascinating.

Are you afraid people wouldnt read your thread if you didnt lure them in with a misleading headline? Is that what you're used to from the papers and websites you are comfortable looking at, I mean reading?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Does it ever stop?

And Obama is close friends with this man, the man who got him started running for this office, one of his mentors, one of his fellow board members.

Time to wake up America.
Another avid reader.

"In Ayers's new memoir, Fugitive Days, he reconciles his militant past with his present identity: father of three, esteemed professor at UIC—and unabashed patron of the great bourgeois coffee chain, Starbucks."

Sorry to blow your fantasy.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post

And based on the Obama track record and all the people Obama has thrown under the bus, Ayers should be next.

I wonder when Obama will throw America's 2nd angriest woman under the bus - Michelle Obama.

#1 angriest would be Rosie O'Donnell an ex-lunatic on "The View" What a bitter, angry woman! She easily beats Michelle.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:24 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Does it ever stop?

Time to wake up America.
I hope they wake up too, before it is too late. Obama gets elected with a Democrat Congress, America will be doomed. He'll get a free hand and a blank check to do anything he likes.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times
Quote:

I like the part where Ayers states that his beloved Diana, getting herself blown up while making a bomb for his group, is "the price he must pay."

More Obama friends and supporters.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
I hope they wake up too, before it is too late. Obama gets elected with a Democrat Congress, America will be doomed. He'll get a free hand and a blank check to do anything he likes.
It IS scary. He could start a stupid, unnecessary war. Or run up the biggest budget deficit in history. Or stand idly by while the entire U.S. economy is run into the ground. Or have the government take over the financial markets. Or screw up the recovery from the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history.

Wait. Oh, never mind.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Well, I find I actually have to agree with you. It is a very interesting read, something of an 'only in America' story. Both Mr. Ayers and his wife were willing (and she did) to pay their debt to society, and turned themselves in to do so.
Since that time neither has been suspected of nor convicted of any other crime, despite, I am sure, being watched constantly by the FBI and other authorities.
They have organized a philanthropic organization that has donated money to many worthy causes and they have successfully raised three children.
As a Christian, this seems like a classic story of redemption to me although I guess you would have us all suffer our entire lives for our youthful indiscretions.
Thank God that you will not be the one manning the gates when the day of judgment comes.

In the words of the Lord:
"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." (Luke 14:26)

Old 09-19-2008, 10:03 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,374,572 times
Let's see - the right wing here at CD has trotted out the Illinois statute about abortions and the Bill Ayers straw man again. And they even brought back the stuff about Obama trying to keep radio stations from airing advertising (because it's illegal advertising, but they never seem to mention that part).

Don't you guys have anything new?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections