Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,804,147 times

Advertisements

no, I am basing it on personal experience. life experience. if I want to be taken seriously? you are jaded buddy, you are in an internet chat room. none of us are taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Excuse me, but are you basing your claim that liberals move from blue states to red states on what you read here on City Data? Surely you can do better than that. If you want to be taken seriously, go get the statistics to prove that liberals are moving from blue states to red states.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,553,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
proof is in the pudding. look at the state threads. look at the population of the cites.
Seriously, are you retarded? You ask a question with a unproven premise. Now you get called out on it, yet you don't produce the proof.
It is a simple callout and question, where is the proof those moving are liberals?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 PM

that is a good argument. I hear that sometimes as well. the number 1 reason, since I live in a town that is infested with NY'ers is the tax complaints. this place isn't that much warmer than NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'm looking to move to Arizona (eventually) because it's WARM. Tired of being cold and wet up here in Seattle. Warmer weather is a BIG reason us baby-boomers are looking south. The older people get, the more likely they will find the cold unpleasant.

Ken

29,939 posts, read 39,350,508 times
driftingthoughts
Do you have a hard time understanding data and statistics that you need cartoons?

4,183 posts, read 6,504,503 times
Quote:
I live in Charlotte, NC, and hardly anyone I run across was born here.
People move here for our 'low cost of living', and 'family friendly lifestyle', yet vote in such a way to make this area like the one they escaped. Insanity...
Do you own the whole state of NC? I assume you don't. So who are you to ***** and moan about people moving to where they want to live?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:22 PM

yes I am. you should know too, you can smell your own. go back to work now.

http://www.damninteresting.com/wp-content/tinfoil_hat.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Seriously, are you retarded? You ask a question with a unproven premise. Now you get called out on it, yet you don't produce the proof.
It is a simple callout and question, where is the proof those moving are liberals?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 PM

511 posts, read 656,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
how can you blame bush? also, we aren't placing blame. it was a simple question, which you obviously have a difficult time explaining.
you cant figure out that people move off the coast because of money? And the cost of housing went up and up because he lowered the rate. wow you are not working with a full head of brains.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 PM

you tell him! we take you serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Do you own the whole state of NC? I assume you don't. So who are you to ***** and moan about people moving to where they want to live?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,782,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Seriously.
Michigan has been a Democratic state for decades on all levels and should be a complete Utopia by now. It is far from it.

I live in Charlotte, NC, and hardly anyone I run across was born here.
People move here for our 'low cost of living', and 'family friendly lifestyle', yet vote in such a way to make this area like the one they escaped. Insanity...
Michigan is not a Democratic state, despite its Presidential voting record. It's actually pretty conservative socially. There are a lot of what I call UAW liberals in Southeast Michigan (not really progressives).

Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,437,406 times
What really happens is that liberals make their areas so desirable that all the red's move in and try to become liberal (CA for example).

Then the red's get here and realize they cannot loosen up or compete with the education level, so they get angry, **** off the liberals and make them want to move away.

Liberals have all this extra cash from being "elite", so they think "WTF I'll move to some cheap trailer park, buy a mansion and be the King of the Place".

Which happens to be in a red state.

That's reality folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections