Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:15 PM

170 posts, read 453,705 times

Advertisements

Because I'm so freakin tired of these political commercials. And this upcoming week, the airwaves should be even more saturated as everyone gets their last digs in.

This is the most interesting race I remember in years, but I'm ready for it to be over with already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 09:17 PM

38 posts, read 46,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutternize View Post
Because I'm so freakin tired of these political commercials. And this upcoming week, the airwaves should be even more saturated as everyone gets their last digs in.

This is the most interesting race I remember in years, but I'm ready for it to be over with already.
I agree with you. I think it is an interesting race, but I am sick of the bashing both candidates continue to do throughout it. I was told that presidential candidates could not debate or anything for the 6 months prior to the day of the election back in the day. I think maybe we should try it again because I think it would force the candidates to focuse on the issues, instead of all the bashing that they do now. Just a thought!

Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfan4life View Post
I agree with you. I think it is an interesting race, but I am sick of the bashing both candidates continue to do throughout it. I was told that presidential candidates could not debate or anything for the 6 months prior to the day of the election back in the day. I think maybe we should try it again because I think it would force the candidates to focuse on the issues, instead of all the bashing that they do now. Just a thought!
Obama HAS focused on the issues. Only McCain and Palin have been doing the "bashing."

Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,941,346 times
I'm with you. In the last few days before an election, I particulary hate the ads from local candidates. Some are really abusing PhotoShop this year, I get tired of seeing that. Gee, how clever, you can stretch your opposition's body parts and turn her face grey. When I see people do that I usually vote for the other guy--just because I think altering your opponent's face is childish and stupid (therefore, so is the candidate).

I also hate the threatening voices and the exagerrated claims. I try to be a person who votes on issues only, but sometimes I get so sick of smear ads that I vote for the other guy, just to make a point.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,895 times
When it is finally over, it will be, for many of us, just like "how good it feels to STOP bashing one's head agaist the wall". . . .

Old 11-01-2008, 10:54 AM

289 posts, read 362,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutternize View Post

You know what I can not wait for it to be over too. We are not even in your Country but My Husband is sooo addicted to it all. So its not just the American People watching this it people all over the world. And ever site I go on seems to have more Obama Supporters then the other.

It was soo funny two weeks ago we had an election here and our are nothing like yours at all. My husband walked into the booth to vote and when he came out he laughed and stated he wrote in Barack Obama's name. Later on a CBC blog many people stated they did the same thing.

Pretty bad when other Countries wish they had a Candidate like him to vote for. The same old party got in again up here and life will get no better for some of us until the next election and we have hope again for something New.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:57 AM

615 posts, read 1,171,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Obama HAS focused on the issues. Only McCain and Palin have been doing the "bashing."
True, but Obama is not a man of his words.
He sounds great right???
All you Dems are in for a surprise.
Can't believe you can't see it coming.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:27 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,989,910 times
Me, too. I'm hoping that once this election is over, no matter WHICH way it goes, that the economy will get back on track.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:30 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
I LOVE it!!! Indiana has never mattered, it was always a given red state, until now. Bring on the commercials! Bring on the exit pollers!!! I love it!

Old 11-01-2008, 02:48 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,588 times
And barry's merry band of web worker will have to find real work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections