Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 04:53 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You know they're high-fiving each other over at the NRA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And those who know this will continue to play you like a fiddle.
Very true.The fear mongers keep the scared and the weak wrapped around their little finger.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:39 AM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Why do people like you NEVER get your story straight.Check out what sites like gunowners.org dug up and said about McCain when he was running in 2000(Check archives at these sites).They called him anti-gun and gave many examples of it.NOW all of a sudden they are backing him.
McCain has a proven weak record on gun ownership,Obama doesn't have that.Maybe if you educated yourself a bit on a issue that concerns you so much instead of buying into a republican backed lie machine like the NRA,you would vote for the candidate who best suited your tastes on that issue.I'm not cutting on you,but I deal with a lot of gun owners every day that just buy into the crap instead of making their own minds up.
Few people are calling McCain particularly "pro-gun" but his record is far better than Obama's. Obama's: Barack Obama on Gun Control

Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
Gun sales are skyrocketing because the economy is headed off a cliff. Gas was $4+ a gallon and has a chance to return there. Some people are predicting hyper-inflation of the sort that will make us look like a third world country. Others are predicting deflation on a scale that will make the Great Depression look like a sale at Filene's.

If you don't believe me, visit the Financial Forums and do a search on "guns." When people ask "what are you investing in," that's the answer-- and they're not kidding. Guns. Amno. Gold. Thermal sleeping bags. Arable land. All big sellers to the Gloom and Doomers. This economy has people that afraid.

And they may be right.
Visit all the major gun sites. People are buying things up as fast as they can in case Obama gets elected. There are people buying them up because of the economy like you say but by far it's because of Obama. The hot sellers are items Obama wants banned as "assault" weapons.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:44 AM

Obama's very own words recorded on concealed carry (he wants to ban it):
YouTube - Obama on concealed weapons permits

Old 10-31-2008, 05:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,426,996 times
Smile Love that 2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Rifle maker bounces boss who announced Obama support - USATODAY.com

And in other news, gun sales are skyrocketing because of Obama, he hasn't fooled too many with his lie about supporting gun rights: CBSNews.com: Print This Story (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/27/politics/washingtonpost/printable4547564.shtml - broken link)

I'll have more guns at the end of Obama's term than I have now. And I have a good amount already. I'll probably still be an NRA member, too.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 AM

107 posts, read 300,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Very true.The fear mongers keep the scared and the weak wrapped around their little finger.

So, do you label me as scared and weak because of my views on my right to own guns or is it because of my anti-abortion stance?

Old 10-31-2008, 09:41 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,354,539 times
Obama comes from a town with a very bad problem with gun violence. But he knows that there is a big difference between gun violence in Chicago and gun ownership in Montana. He's smart enough to understand that there is some common ground out there. No one thinks that guns should be banned outright. And no one thinks that every person, including felons and the insane, has an absolute right to own whatever kind of gun they want.

As Obama said, it's all about finding what it is that we agree on and then finding that common ground in the middle that we can work from. Obama isn't going to ban guns or confiscate them. He understands that guns are not the cause of violence.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Obama comes from a town with a very bad problem with gun violence. But he knows that there is a big difference between gun violence in Chicago and gun ownership in Montana. He's smart enough to understand that there is some common ground out there. No one thinks that guns should be banned outright. And no one thinks that every person, including felons and the insane, has an absolute right to own whatever kind of gun they want.

As Obama said, it's all about finding what it is that we agree on and then finding that common ground in the middle that we can work from. Obama isn't going to ban guns or confiscate them. He understands that guns are not the cause of violence.
He's already said he supports banning multiple firearms: the so-called "assault weapons" ban he wants made law again, he supported making concealed carry illegal with a national ban on it...I posted links above that give all of this information out. He's not fooling most gun owners.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967hammer View Post
So, do you label me as scared and weak because of my views on my right to own guns or is it because of my anti-abortion stance?
No I do not consider you weak IF you have RESEARCHED and are following who YOU best think is qualified in your opinion or who lines up best with your view of those issues.Just RESEARCH or you'll end up unhappy.

Abortion has never been an issue for me (although I have my private views on it) because I don't feel anyone has the right to tell anyone else what to do with their body.I see that as VERY arrogant and pompous.Ever heard of freewill?Let GOD judge whether it was right or wrong is the way I look at it.

I have VERY strong opinions on gun issues. The sale and trading of guns helped feed me as a child and I have shot countless comps,I hunt,I'm a former LEO,I have a huge sum invested in guns and part of my current business relies on guns to feed MY kid.So believe me when I say I research even the local candidates on those issues.My retirement kind of counts on it.

I educate myself on who "I" think lines up best for ME.I would think you were weak if all you listened to was the posters on here(including myself of course),the NRA,right wing radio,just following party lines.... etc etc etc to form your opinion.

I would label you as scared and weak if you have done nothing wrong and think Obama equals losing your guns, because then you are buying into the right wing BS that is also known as FEAR MONGERING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections