Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:29 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

Rifle maker bounces boss who announced Obama support - USATODAY.com

And in other news, gun sales are skyrocketing because of Obama, he hasn't fooled too many with his lie about supporting gun rights: CBSNews.com: Print This Story (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/27/politics/washingtonpost/printable4547564.shtml - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
There are millions of single issue voters in this country: Guns.

And many of these single issue voters are certifiable. And this further proves my theory.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

And many of these single issue voters are certifiable. And this further proves my theory.
That the best you've got? People who value their civil rights are "single issue voters" and "certifiable"? Were people like MLK JR single issue voters and certifiable?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:43 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
That the best you've got? People who value their civil rights are "single issue voters" and "certifiable"? Were people like MLK JR single issue voters and certifiable?
*chuckle*

Reading his statement was like reading the claims of the inquisition. Only the stupid would buy it which is why it worked so well on getting rid of those who didn't.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Yes there are millions of single issue voters and here are a couple of the "single issues" people will use to base their vote. To them it is the ONLY issue that matters. Certifiable maybe, myopic definately.
1.National healthcare
2.Abortion
3.Iraq
4.Religion
I could go on but don't have the time.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:41 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,032 times
Quote:
And in other news, gun sales are skyrocketing because of Obama, he hasn't fooled too many with his lie about supporting gun rights: CBSNews.com: Print This Story (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/27/politics/washingtonpost/printable4547564.shtml - broken link)
Gun sales are skyrocketing because the economy is headed off a cliff. Gas was $4+ a gallon and has a chance to return there. Some people are predicting hyper-inflation of the sort that will make us look like a third world country. Others are predicting deflation on a scale that will make the Great Depression look like a sale at Filene's.

If you don't believe me, visit the Financial Forums and do a search on "guns." When people ask "what are you investing in," that's the answer-- and they're not kidding. Guns. Amno. Gold. Thermal sleeping bags. Arable land. All big sellers to the Gloom and Doomers. This economy has people that afraid.

And they may be right.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Rifle maker bounces boss who announced Obama support - USATODAY.com

Why do people like you NEVER get your story straight.Check out what sites like gunowners.org dug up and said about McCain when he was running in 2000(Check archives at these sites).They called him anti-gun and gave many examples of it.NOW all of a sudden they are backing him.
McCain has a proven weak record on gun ownership,Obama doesn't have that.Maybe if you educated yourself a bit on a issue that concerns you so much instead of buying into a republican backed lie machine like the NRA,you would vote for the candidate who best suited your tastes on that issue.I'm not cutting on you,but I deal with a lot of gun owners every day that just buy into the crap instead of making their own minds up.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
You know they're high-fiving each other over at the NRA.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:07 PM

107 posts, read 300,745 times
I may be certifiable but there are two things that I will always believe in....

1) the right to defend myself and my family (the police can't protect everyone)

2) killing babies is wrong (I don't care how old they are).

I truly belive that these two values are important and I can't bring myself to help vote someone into office that believes differently.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967hammer View Post
I may be certifiable but there are two things that I will always believe in....

1) the right to defend myself and my family (the police can't protect everyone)

2) killing babies is wrong (I don't care how old they are).

I truly belive that these two values are important and I can't bring myself to help vote someone into office that believes differently.
And those who know this will continue to play you like a fiddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections