U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 11:13 PM

3,553 posts, read 7,364,557 times

Advertisements

I know Americans are known for their short memories as far as politics is concerned, but you-tube means that EVERYTHING you utter in the range of anyone with a cell-phone will EXIST FOREVER. Just writing those words makes me think of the great movie "Starman", and the satellite going beyond our solar system carrying the "etched in gold" words of Palin, Bush, George Allen Jr., Bachmann and the rest of this collection of simpletons.

I figure about a week into the Republican primaries, which will be starting in about a week or so, Giuliani, Romney, Huckabee and company will have Palin's "top ten list" (copywrite Worldwide Pants, Inc) up on the air.

I sleep well these nights, knowing that not only have I done my all to elect Barack Obama as President, but that with any luck I'll never have to see that idiotic, earnest, striving gasbag on the air. Now, if we can just do something about the rest of them; Jessica Simpson, Paula Abdul, Elizabeth (life begins at penetration) Hasselbeck.

golfgod
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 PM

1,965 posts, read 2,553,936 times
There's also this poll that was released today:

Quote:
A growing number of voters have concluded that Senator John McCain’s running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, is not qualified to be vice president, weighing down the Republican ticket in the last days of the campaign, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

All told, 59 percent of voters surveyed said Ms. Palin was not prepared for the job, up nine percentage points since the beginning of the month.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/us...060&ei=5087%0A

Roughly 2/3 of American voters don't even think Palin is qualified to be VP, let alone P.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:17 AM

3,553 posts, read 7,364,557 times
politico wrote;
Quote:
Roughly 2/3 of American voters don't even think Palin is qualified to be VP, let alone P.
Like that has ever stopped anyone before!

"But, but, but, she's a soccer mom" is enough for many people.

golfgod

Old 10-31-2008, 10:23 AM

6,868 posts, read 17,751,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
politico wrote;

Like that has ever stopped anyone before!

"But, but, but, she's a soccer mom" is enough for many people.

golfgod
Actually she's a "hackey" mom. What kind of left-wing smear are you trying to pull?

Old 10-31-2008, 10:27 AM

3,080 posts, read 2,892,491 times
You guys are dreaming, Palin will run in 2012 and will win....HA

I can't even say that with a straight face..

Old 10-31-2008, 10:30 AM

3,698 posts, read 10,773,565 times
Palin is irrelevent in 5 days. She'll have the stink of failure on her for the rest of her life, and her biggest contribution to national politics will be as a punchline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections