Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:04 AM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times

Advertisements

I'm a pretty tough gal but I have to admit weeping when I saw this video. That NObama and his minions can try to make that young man who left his leg in Iraq feel like his service and sacrifice were unappreciated makes me ill. Thank you, young man, for showing this country the guts and faith that Obama can't even imagine, let alone possess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 02:10 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,134,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Who is he to tell us the Iraq War was not a mistake?

Most Americans are not that foolish. They know the war was a mistake.

Iraq

$750 Million per day being squandered
4000 + soldiers killed. Thousand more maimed.
Countless innocent Iraqis killed
One Trillon in total costs.

how many hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent on the forever war of poverty?
liberals like to quote war, but always seem to forget that they have their dead horses as well.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:23 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,220,382 times

They act like if we don't "win" the Iraq war that it will threaten our very existance. Iraq wasn't really much of a threat in the first place, look at how easily our military steamrolled over thiers in both wars.

Now, the war my grandfather & great uncle fought in was a REAL war. My grandfather was a marine fighting in the Pacific theatre & my great uncle was fighting the Germans. Now, if we would have lost to either the Japanese or the Germans, many of us would not be posting here b/c we wouldn't exist. Our parents/grandparents would have been put in concentration camps and exterminated.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:43 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,384,045 times
Freedom isn't free. It's something that must be fought for. Our forefathers fought for their freedom. Freedom from the point of a gun worked pretty well for Germany and Japan. Iraq is free in that their representatives were elected from a list of potential candidates rather than an election of one candidate, Saddam and he was the one who choose the representatives,...if that's what you want to call them. Our troops want to get out of Iraq but not in retreat the way it happened in Vietnam which was followed by the slaughter of millions at the hands of the Communist. Let the Iraqi military and police get up to speed and be able to defend their own borders and then let our military return home. By the way, when are our troops coming home from Bosnia/Kosovo?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:44 AM

234 posts, read 293,185 times
Wait a minute. First of all this is not just a video made by a soldier with a $400 video camera. This was very slick, well produced, professional commercial for McCain. Just because he has a prosthetic leg, wears green shirt, and they placed a flag to create very nice composition do not necessarily makes him Iraq veteran. This was done by professionals and professionals use a thing called CASTING. It is not so hard to find an actor with prosthetic leg. The performance was too good. He knew how to read from teleprompter. He knew how to deliver the right emotion. And if you don’t believe me just try to talk for 1 min. and 14 sec. as smooth as he was doing it. I may be wrong but with my 30 years experience in advertising and production of TV commercials … I don’t think so.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:58 AM

703 posts, read 851,647 times
I haven't been bothered to look at the vid because I am pretty sure it's probably that same soldier Bush was exploiting last year.

And if it isn't, the message is the same...

Good soldier, who is unfortunately drinking the neocon kool-aid.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
Over 12,000,000 hits now. Keep spreading it around people.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:32 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Wait a minute. First of all this is not just a video made by a soldier with a $400 video camera. This was very slick, well produced, professional commercial for McCain. Just because he has a prosthetic leg, wears green shirt, and they placed a flag to create very nice composition do not necessarily makes him Iraq veteran. This was done by professionals and professionals use a thing called CASTING. It is not so hard to find an actor with prosthetic leg. The performance was too good. He knew how to read from teleprompter. He knew how to deliver the right emotion. And if you don’t believe me just try to talk for 1 min. and 14 sec. as smooth as he was doing it. I may be wrong but with my 30 years experience in advertising and production of TV commercials … I don’t think so.
The video was made by a pro-am producer for less than $5000, with his own equipment. It was produced as you noted. It was done without any knowledge of the RNC or McCain. The "actor" you allude to is a real Sgt. who lost his leg in Iraq.

Lets contrast this with the $500,000,000 spent by Obama in his quest for POTUS. I would bet his DishTV channel costs more to run for one hour than this video cost to create in total. More people have viewed this video than ANY OTHER VIDEO this entire election. Its message is real. It is simple and honest. It comes from his heart. To discredit a $5K video with a real soldier, at the same time Obama is spending hundred of millions, including a thirty minute "infomercial" makes you look foolish.

Peace.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:49 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,426,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
That NObama and his minions can try to make that young man who left his leg in Iraq feel like his service and sacrifice were unappreciated makes me ill.
I don't appreciate his service and sacrifice. It didn't benefit me, or anyone I know, or this country, or anyone else except a few Iran-allied theocrats in Baghdad. I feel pity, as one would at a suicide, but I feel no appreciation. Would you like me to fake it?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:55 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,426,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
They act like if we don't "win" the Iraq war that it will threaten our very existance. Iraq wasn't really much of a threat in the first place, look at how easily our military steamrolled over thiers in both wars.
Bravo! Absolutely right.

Quote:
Now, the war my grandfather & great uncle fought in was a REAL war. My grandfather was a marine fighting in the Pacific theatre & my great uncle was fighting the Germans. Now, if we would have lost to either the Japanese or the Germans, many of us would not be posting here b/c we wouldn't exist. Our parents/grandparents would have been put in concentration camps and exterminated.
Well, technically you may be right there, however the U.S. could not have "lost", for geographical and other reasons, the war with Germany and Japan the way they lost to us. Additionally, our own leaders pulled us into that war against our own country's interest and against the will of the American people. It's been known and documented for many many years that we wanted and desperately provoked both the Germans and Japanese to give us a casus belli. So on the whole, there are more similarities between it and the Iraq fiasco than there are differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections