Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:48 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
I can't believe people aren't outraged by the Big Brother policies Obama plans on bringing to the US.

Big Brother will tax you more and pass it out..

Big Brother will work hand in hand with the Press to ensure you get his side of the story.

Big Brother will "withdraw" from conflict instead of defeating it... Hence continuing the conflict indefinitely and keeping us in a constant state of fear and helplessness.

Big Brother will consolidate power among his siblings.

Big Brother will disarm the people.

Big Brother will dig into the private past of any critics or opponents.

Big Brother will remove any media scrutiny from his realm.

and on and on and on and on......

Obama is Big Government. Big Government is Big Brother.

What do we really know about this man and his plans?

Is anyone else seeing what I see?
I see someone who should not read any more fictional novels - you seem way too easily influenced by them...

Your analogies are pretty absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 12:55 PM

553 posts, read 836,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I see someone who should not read any more fictional novels - you seem way too easily influenced by them...

Your analogies are pretty absurd.
When a blind man bears the standard, pity those who follow.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,304 times
Default I agree! I arrived at this page by googling "big brother obama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeader View Post
i can't believe people aren't outraged by the big brother policies obama plans on bringing to the us.

Big brother will tax you more and pass it out..

Big brother will work hand in hand with the press to ensure you get his side of the story.

Big brother will "withdraw" from conflict instead of defeating it... Hence continuing the conflict indefinitely and keeping us in a constant state of fear and helplessness.

Big brother will consolidate power among his siblings.

Big brother will disarm the people.

Big brother will dig into the private past of any critics or opponents.

Big brother will remove any media scrutiny from his realm.

And on and on and on and on......

Obama is big government. Big government is big brother.

What do we really know about this man and his plans?

Is anyone else seeing what i see?
it is really *this* bad. And people just don't see it coming. I wrote a little about how the medical rec database & the mandated government health care are the flood gate from which there is no stopping it. The records database, for instance, provides an easy means by which to leak private information as a weapon of control by such means as extortion or silencing dissent in the war agianst keeping unlimited power in check. The removal of any legal private medical resources will create a huge black market of to supply the demand for private medical care, and the clandestine nature of the black market would have consequences undermining the integrity of the doctors in that system. And finally, in the absence of private medical care (that is legitimate since all of it would then be underground). Inevitably the government will need to decide who will get the types of services which are limited but critical to deathly ill patients such as transplants & complex surgeries & scarce/experimental treatments, and the priority is not going to, in a lot of cases, serve the aged b/c the cost of the service, overall prognosis, and the estimable longevity of the aged patient does not maximize production potential in the nation the way a younger patient likely would, so the government will start effectively killing off it's senior citizens, and if that isn't anti-american and orwellian scary, i don't know what is, b/c this country first created the entire social security system in the interest of making sure its seniors could provide for themselves during their retirement years (which are the years the working class is supposed to look forward to)

Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather florida View Post
it is really *this* bad. And people just don't see it coming. I wrote a little about how the medical rec database & the mandated government health care are the flood gate from which there is no stopping it. The records database, for instance, provides an easy means by which to leak private information as a weapon of control by such means as extortion or silencing dissent in the war agianst keeping unlimited power in check. The removal of any legal private medical resources will create a huge black market of to supply the demand for private medical care, and the clandestine nature of the black market would have consequences undermining the integrity of the doctors in that system. And finally, in the absence of private medical care (that is legitimate since all of it would then be underground). Inevitably the government will need to decide who will get the types of services which are limited but critical to deathly ill patients such as transplants & complex surgeries & scarce/experimental treatments, and the priority is not going to, in a lot of cases, serve the aged b/c the cost of the service, overall prognosis, and the estimable longevity of the aged patient does not maximize production potential in the nation the way a younger patient likely would, so the government will start effectively killing off it's senior citizens, and if that isn't anti-american and orwellian scary, i don't know what is, b/c this country first created the entire social security system in the interest of making sure its seniors could provide for themselves during their retirement years (which are the years the working class is supposed to look forward to)

Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,170,135 times
The only question I have is, when do I get my soma?

Old 02-12-2009, 06:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
OP - Thank you for describing the Bushista and Neocon policies so very accurately. They were designed to keep all of us in perpetual debt for their endless profit. When it comes to violating privacy I would prefer an inept government to an industrious corporation. How can you call the FICA score anything but invasion of privacy? Actually, I would prefer neither.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
Orwell wrote Animal Farm and I'd say that more closely relates to what might happen to the United States. Of course, Obama would be Napolean. I guess Bush would be the farmer that got run off the farm. I hadn't thought about that book since High school.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
OP - Thank you for describing the Bushista and Neocon policies so very accurately. They were designed to keep all of us in perpetual debt for their endless profit. When it comes to violating privacy I would prefer an inept government to an industrious corporation. How can you call the FICA score anything but invasion of privacy? Actually, I would prefer neither.
If you don't want debt, pay cash. If you don't use credit, you won't need to worry about your FICO score.

Too bad big taxes don't have such an easy fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections