Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I don't agree with him on everything, but child rape is not something I can stand for.
Well I can hardly argue with you there now can I?

But I would have thought you'd have another, less extreme line too. Like oh, say...deciding to put Palin on his ticket too. She'd do it in a blink; another chance to make history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You mean that bailout that Nancy Pelosi was pulling for and Barack Obama voted for? You mean that bailout that was partly the fault of the democratic Congress? You can't blame everything on Bush.
The economic mess we are in and the resultant bailout never would have been necessary if it had not been for Bush.

The Iraq war and the surge in Iraq would never have been necessary if it had not been for Bush.

Are you so totally devoted to the Republican party that you are blind to the failings of our current President???

Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
I'm sorry go on vote for who you want but nader isnt going to win this thing, a vote for nader is a vote for mccain which is another vote to keep bush in office.

Bush will be brought to justice by various groups, when he steps out of office and is no longer protected.

I met a few Nader voters waiting on line day I voted here in Miami . I didn't vote for Nader but what you refuse to see is that Nader voters do NOT consider the Dem party "lesser of the evils".

They consider the Dem party as owned as pimped out by special interest as the Rep party. They are correct. Thus for them voting for Dem or Rep is similiar.

Nader,Baldwin,etc voters vote on who they believe in not who the establishment thinks they should vote for.
Something you can't grasp

Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You mean that bailout that Nancy Pelosi was pulling for and Barack Obama voted for? You mean that bailout that was partly the fault of the democratic Congress? You can't blame everything on Bush.
Yes THAT bailout. The bailout that took two weeks to approve because House Republicans held it up. That bailout that had to be passed so IMMEDIATELY otherwise we'd face armageddon, that Congress took off two days for Rosh Hashanna. Amazing....I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and had CSPAN on in the other room and I kept hearing this angry voice blurting out "blah blah blah House Republicans......blah blah blah House Republicans." I had to walk into the other room because I couldn't hardly hear what was being said, but someone was clearly mad at House Republicans. Who was it? None other than creepo Barney Frank, his hair tossed about, his fat flapper screaming about House Republicans holding up progress, as did Nancy Pelosi. Everything was all fine with the Dems if only the Repubs would get on board. But somehow we're blaming this all on Bush because he's convenient. Yes he's a lame duck and has done a poor job, but he's had alot of help...and I think enough blame to go around, with alot of Dems putting their fingers in the cookie jars. People didn't want the bailout and yet you had the Dems pushing for the thing, blaming the stalemate on the House Republicans. This is how Pelosi, Frank, and those losers work. Pointing fingers, deflecting attention, blaming others, taking responsiblity for absolutely nothing unless it makes them look good or promotes their own self interest. A bunch of friggen crooks. Repubs are no better. Just a full house of crooks. 3rd party is the only hope...maybe not now....but in 4 years more than ever....

Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Well I can hardly argue with you there now can I?

But I would have thought you'd have another, less extreme line too. Like oh, say...deciding to put Palin on his ticket too. She'd do it in a blink; another chance to make history.
Well I also agree with Nader on the idea that the two major parties are run by special interests and not the people they claim to represent. I see no major difference in their policies aside from social issues and really, who cares? I also agree with Nader that we need to have a citizens' advocacy group to fight the lobbyist machine on K Street. And I agree with Nader that a vote for the two parties is a vote for continuing the status quo. Plus, child rape is wrong.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:42 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
actually, Pelosi and company turned a republican BANK ROBBERY into a BAILOUT.

Bush just wanted the 700billion, no questions asked, or did you forget that?
once again, for the 1000 time, the president cannot write a bill!
the president did not write this bill and he did not write any bills.
you always have to look at who wrote the legislation to see where it came from. the 1st bailout failed (due to mostly republican house of representative members and some democrats as well) and was reintroduced again by the democratic party. in the bailout bills, all 3 were written by democrats dodd, rangel, and the eventual "economic stimulus bill" by patrick kennedy, which i might add was an addition to his bill where social security would take care of the "mentally ill" and the people with drug problems.

look at the democratic congressional spending in 2007:
As their first year moves toward a close, it has become clear that the members of this democratic majority have failed to live up to their promises. In just 10 months, Congress has passed legislation that would increase federal spending by a combined $454 billion over 10 years and raise taxes and fees by $98 billion over 10 years and has passed a budget resolution that would bring the tax increase to a projected $2.7 trillion.

Despite the Democrats' PAYGO pledge of no new deficit spending, legislation enacted thus far has increased spending much faster than taxes, resulting in an additional $356 billion in deficit spending.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 PM

365 posts, read 692,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If this is not enough proof of how this criminal adminstration cares nothing about this country and the citizens of it then what does? I guess the Bailout wasn't enough of a farewell gift.
Please, try to explain this one away. McCain will do nothing about this! McCain has a horrific record on the environment.

Bush team makes final push for deregulation | Nation | Star-Telegram.com (http://www.star-telegram.com/238/story/1009743.html - broken link)
Well if anyone actually read the substance in the article, you could see this deregulations are good. These are for commercial fishermen, farmer's, and coal mining. It's good thing. Those people have been seriously hurt by govt regulations. Gosh! Get a brain!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:47 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
once again, for the 1000 time, the president cannot write a bill!
the president did not write this bill and he did not write any bills.
you always have to look at who wrote the legislation to see where it came from. the 1st bailout failed (due to mostly republican house of representative members and some democrats as well) and was reintroduced again by the democratic party. in the bailout bills, all 3 were written by democrats dodd, rangel, and the eventual "economic stimulus bill" by patrick kennedy, which i might add was an addition to his bill where social security would take care of the "mentally ill" and the people with drug problems.

look at the democratic congressional spending in 2007:
As their first year moves toward a close, it has become clear that the members of this democratic majority have failed to live up to their promises. In just 10 months, Congress has passed legislation that would increase federal spending by a combined $454 billion over 10 years and raise taxes and fees by $98 billion over 10 years and has passed a budget resolution that would bring the tax increase to a projected $2.7 trillion.

Despite the Democrats' PAYGO pledge of no new deficit spending, legislation enacted thus far has increased spending much faster than taxes, resulting in an additional $356 billion in deficit spending.

I voted few days ago and though was once in Obama camp due to the ultimate hypocrites Pelosi-Reid who I don't want with any input I voted Mccain.

I prefer balance of powers in Wahingtion .

Old 10-31-2008, 12:48 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
Well if anyone actually read the substance in the article, you could see this deregulations are good. These are for commercial fishermen, farmer's, and coal mining. It's good thing. Those people have been seriously hurt by govt regulations. Gosh! Get a brain!
You mean good for those groups that have well heeled lobbyists.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
You mean good for those groups that have well heeled lobbyists.
that list was for working men and women, not wall street!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections