Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:17 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,393,199 times

Advertisements

Wow…

CNN just ran a story at 11:06 am today… McCain got lost again and was wandering around the basement of a building he was supposed to be giving a speech at. He was supposed to be going to a office for a fax…and was later found in the basement of the building in a confused state. Why is this not being reported more in the media!!!

This is the third time such a report has come out!!! Without a doubt this calls his mental state into question. He may be a war hero, but he is going senile.

Should he have control of nukes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 09:24 AM

289 posts, read 362,868 times
If that is true it kinda late now don't you think with only 4 days left who would step in for him. Oh wait that would be Palin. I don't think you will have to worry about that as it will be Obama by a landslide.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:07 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,307,448 times
Wave? Wave? Where are you Wave? Oh, I thought Wave was supposed to be here today.

My fellow prisoner, why are you making fun of John McCain?

Old 11-01-2008, 11:11 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,359,896 times
I'm not a McCain supporter but this story sounds fishy to me. If nothing else, he is NEVER alone -- the Secret Service would be with him in public at all times, so how is he "found wandering" and lost??

Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,222,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I'm not a McCain supporter but this story sounds fishy to me. If nothing else, he is NEVER alone -- the Secret Service would be with him in public at all times, so how is he "found wandering" and lost??
Good question. I might find it more believable if they found him laying under a sink cabinet talking to Joe who wasn't really there.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:21 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,475,343 times
I was very disappointed to see the title of this thread.

For the most part, the most outrageous, fear-mongering, slanderous thread titles are usually posted by folks on the right. The left may not like McCain/Palin, but they've (for the most part) kept the postings away from personal attacks.

I worked in a band for many years. You don't get blueprints of every building you work in and if you need to find anything less obvious than a bathroom, it's not unusual to get lost.

Of course he was confused. He was lost. Anyone who is lost is confused.

McCain and Obama are both in the final stages of an arduous campaign. At this point, I'd forgive frayed nerves, gaffes and battle fatigue from either of them.

If McCain is senile, this doesn't serve as evidence. And I really doubt he's senile.

There are plenty of shots you can take at John McCain without tapping into personal, baseless ones.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:28 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,369,652 times
I have had "news sources", and yes, I check in with ALL of them, on pretty much 24 / 7 since Thursday, and have not heard this. I agree with TnHillTopper. . . this is a suspicious report!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:29 AM

While I certainly agree that there isn't enough evidence to prove McCain is senile as such a determination would require a full psych work up on the guy and the title of this thread is a leap to say the least. There are legitimate concerns over McCain's state of mind however that should be questioned. While I suspect it is more likely fatigue from being on the campaign trail for two years non-stop as even myself as a spectator have grown weary with following it day by day. I cannot imagine what the candidates must deal with.

After two years on the campaign trail and four years ahead of what by all accounts appears to be one of the most difficult Presidencies in a generation, state of mind is most certainly a concern or should be.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:29 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,816,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Good question. I might find it more believable if they found him laying under a sink cabinet talking to Joe who wasn't really there.
Talking to Joe the Plumbing!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 AM

Not to go off topic here but since we are talking state of mind, I don't know about you folks but did anyone catch the Obama interview with Rachel Maddow? Obama looked gaunt and thing and extremely tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections