Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 PM

425 posts, read 665,643 times

Advertisements

Okay folks,

Here is an email I just received - we're being pounded by the media, liberals, and polls

Please read, even though it is lengthy; it will re-inspire

Quote:
The time to persuade people is over. The Republican ticket of McCain-Palin has more votes in the United States right now than Obama-Biden. I am absolutely convinced of it. Why do I say this? I know how Obama has operated in the past and how his campaign is operating now. Consider this: Do you know that in order for Obama to win his Illinois State Senate seat, he filed lawsuits and challenged petition signatures and threw off all opposition from the ballot and ran unopposed? When he ran for US Senator, "somehow" the sealed divorce records for his Democratic primary challenger AND the Republican challenger were illegally leaked to the press and scandalized them both? He has a long and fruitful relationship with the ACORN group which has been all about intimidation, promoting voter fraud, and fraudulent registering of people to the Democratic party.

I can go on, but you get the picture. The man is slimy and will manipulate however he can to get this win. His campaign is financed through 100's of millions of dollars through foreign and illegal donations, much of it from the Middle East. Their website has not, until a few days ago, rejected a single donation from whatever name or credit card, and asks for no security numbers on your credit card. With their unprecedented money, their whole approach has been to spread the illusion that Obama is going to win in a landslide and convince YOU that it is not worth it to vote. They have armies of paid bloggers to argue on every blog possible and sow seeds of doubt. I have visited more websites and references on Obama than is healthy! Countless number of links to damaging videos and incriminating statements have been "scrubbed" (removed) in the time between when it gets posted and the time I have learned of it and tried the link. They have enlisted a 90%+ Democrat-voting media to spread the inevitability of Obama, they have blanketed swing states with advertising to continue the inevitability theme.

But, Joe, why are the polls all showing Obama winning? Many factors. Pollsters do not just call and mark votes. They weight the raw data how they want and interpret. They believe more youth and black voters will vote this year than before. The youth never have turned out in big numbers and early voting results say it is the same again this year. They believe the huge increase in registered Democrats vs registered Republicans must factor into their number. ACORN has done it's job, even if the people do not exist. Many simply do not change their registration over time. Most people's voting changes from Dem to Repub as they mature, not the other way around. Many Repubs registered Dem to vote in the Dem primaries for Hillary in Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos". Plus, many centrist Democrats simply think McCain is much closer to their views. This election cycle an unprecedented number of those called for polling hang up on the poller. Sometimes up to 80%! Which candidate do you think those people are voting for? They are not included in the polling data.

Throughout the last decade, the radical extreme of the left has been all about shouting you down and intimidating. We have all experienced it and seen it. Add to the mix the fear of being called a racist and you have one HUGE silent majority of people. My own observations show that Democrats are wanting to "get in your face" and argue, but Republicans (myself excluded!) just try to change the subject. It is seldom interesting and productive. There is a lot of intimidation and name-calling from them. Most Republicans just avoid it. Saying you are voting Obama appears "Cool" and it's easier to go along and avoid arguments. Actually voting Obama will result in a disaster and most people know it, but we don't need to worry about who is planning to vote for Obama. There are NOT ENOUGH OF THEM for him to win unless his attempts to discourage you succeeds in keeping you home. We MUST make sure EVERY MCCAIN SUPPORTER votes!

There are many Hillary Clinton supporters on our side this year as well, since Obama and the media did the same thing to Hillary as they are trying with McCain. The whole campaign of Obama's is to get you to think you have no chance. The Obama campaign and many in the media and polls will be working right up through and especially ON November 4th (through exit polling data - again, which supporter would go to an exit poller to talk in today's environment?). We have the votes. Do not let Obama's campaign to keep you home allow him to win! VOTE MCCAIN-PALIN and make sure every McCain supporter you know reads this email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 06:42 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,085 times
I agree 100% lots of people will be very surprised Tuesday and I won't be one of them. McCain is going to win.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:44 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,917,126 times
very nice

Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Axelrod has imployed these tactics and strategies before. He's a master of astroturfing.

The SD's had to drag Obama's sorry A** across the finish line. He couldn't do it on his own.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Denial...............Not just a river in Egypt.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM

442 posts, read 790,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Denial...............Not just a river in Egypt.
Read the frickin' title.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
It's interesting watching the right wing blogs, emails and 24/7 media mouthpieces claiming the race is "tightening" when the opposite is actually happening. Lie til the end I guess huh?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:05 PM

513 posts, read 897,153 times
Great post. McCain/Palin the "Right" choice will win.
Obama "Left" behind on Tuesday

Old 11-02-2008, 07:40 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,640 times
I will still vote though the chances of McCain winning are very weak.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:43 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,751 times
1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. acceptance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections