Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,572,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
hey, wash your mouth with soap before calling anyone scum...you're rabid, desperate.
he clearly doesn't care about his grandparents, his other g-ma has been living ILLEGALLY in public (US TAXPAYER) housing in Boston, he claims he didn't know this yet his campaign received over 200 dollars from her and after this story broke he claims he hasn't been able to reach her??? you're running for Leader of the Free World and you can't get in touch with your illegal grandmother? yeah right, this guy is a shaman of the highest order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 03:58 PM

5,407 posts, read 13,306,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
That is very sad. I hope he was with her when she died, considering she practically raised him. No one deserves to die alone.
If she were a Christian, she did not die alone.

It is very sad she passed the day before the election. I am very sorry for him and his family.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,323,566 times
Just one day short of seeing him become POTUS. I am so sorry.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:03 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,754,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Is he still having rallies tonight?
I don't know, but if it were my grandson I would want him to carry on for sure!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:06 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,934,673 times
Angry Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoyboy
Did he even visit her? He looked pissed when he noticed cameras on him walking through that alley. Could he be there to hide old family photos, letters and other personal affects that might tell about where he was born? He was in her house, all day.....alone. Very bizzare!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Seriously, a real question is, if the mother is so ill, wouldnt Michele and the children go also to see their grandmother?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanrene
If she is so "gravely" ill, why did he wait 5 days to go see her? I smell a stunt and political opportunity to 'use" his grammy for political gain. Gravely usually means near death - why didn't the wife and kids come with him to see grammy one last time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoyboy
I'll bet you 99-1, she lives at least another 5 years. Wanna wager? He went over there to make sure that family letters, photos and documents are covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milborn
No Michelle is campaigning and the kids have school...

He is not really there because of his granny he is there to try to cover up this birth certificate mystery he has refused to deal with!

His grandmother has been sick for awhile I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist
Michelle Obama will not visit his grandmother because she is white. Michelle thinks all white people are the devil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390
The whole trip is a ploy so people think he gives a damn about granny. She has been in the hospital for weeks in critical condition, but he waits until she is releasted and sent home to fine it an ememgency...?
Every thing about the man is completely phony... He can't wait to destroy our country, and the ignorant are voting for him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy
The point is, she is not on her death bed. She had a minor hip fracture and right before he is exepcted to have to reveal his birth records to the court, he goes to Hawaii to visit granny. It smells. Nothing against his Granny, we all love them, but the lady is not going to die. This is a cover job for something more sinister, like Obama going through her home to make certain nothing is in there to indicate where he was really born, Kenya. Or to hide past radical Muslim ties. This is not about his Granny folks. Granny is fine, just like she has been minus a minor hip fracture.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...d-all-day.html

Old 11-03-2008, 04:14 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,638,797 times
Default Senator McCain's supporter's could follow his lead

ARLINGTON, VA -- Today, U.S. Senator John McCain and Mrs. Cindy McCain issued the following statement on the passing of Barack Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham:

"We offer our deepest condolences to Barack Obama and his family as they grieve the loss of their beloved grandmother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them as they remember and celebrate the life of someone who had such a profound impact in their lives."

Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM

693 posts, read 2,180,749 times
Default Obama's Grandmother has passed away

Hi All,

On the eve of what is a very important election Senator Obama is speaking here in Charlotte.

Only hours ago he received the news that his grandmother passed away. I know we all share different political views, but I hope some of you will join me in voicing our condolences. Win or lose I am sure having his grandmother see him make history meant a lot, and any of us who have lost a parent or grandparent know what a terrible loss it is.

Politics aside, tonight he is a guest in our city...and my thoughts and prayers are with him.

1,992 posts, read 4,156,053 times
I am pretty horrified by the crassness of some of the posters on here. I guess that I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. God bless the Obama family. I am praying for them. I am also feeling a need to pray very hard for some of the people who have posted vile things about this death.

12,373 posts, read 13,225,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I don't know, but if it were my grandson I would want him to carry on for sure!
Yes he is, his grandmother told him to, "go do what you need to do"....he is doing it for her now.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:16 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,156,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
ARLINGTON, VA -- Today, U.S. Senator John McCain and Mrs. Cindy McCain issued the following statement on the passing of Barack Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham:

"We offer our deepest condolences to Barack Obama and his family as they grieve the loss of their beloved grandmother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them as they remember and celebrate the life of someone who had such a profound impact in their lives."
And I am pleased that the McCains showed some compassion and class. I hope their supporters will do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections