Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:50 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,567,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
misogyny suites the Obot crowd just fine.
Hmmm, looks like someone is making an association based on their own narrow minded views.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 PM

207 posts, read 280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I bet you will still find some McCainiacs who still think this is a publicity stunt.

Sad indeed.
I think that announcing it on the eve of the election is a publicity stunt. I also find it strange that Obama isn't altering his tour for his newly deceased Grandma. What day did she die?

Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,664,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnymonty View Post
[SARCASM ALERT]

BREAKING NEWS: NOVEMBER SURPRISE Liberals attempt to hijack the 2008 Presidential Election through sympathy by arranging the convenient passing of Obama's grandmother less than 24 hours before the election.

Don't say you couldn't see a thread title like this be posted in the next 24 hrs. Somehow they'll manage to throw in Ayers and Wright connections as well.
Sounds like you have looked into the future to see next week's National Enquirer!
This great lady was more of a mother than a grandmother to him. Looks like she did a good job of raising him. Whether he wins or not (I'm not saying who I'm for in this thread), Somebody is up there with her, looking down and saying "You did good!"

Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM

196 posts, read 445,813 times
This is indeed disturbing, from the right this time. I'm not supporting either, but I think some of these folks have a lot of hate inside.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,718,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
KARMA BABY! PAyback is a BEEATCH
You are so cruel, what happened when your Grandma died? If shes still alive, what would it be like if she died right now? No matter if you like them or not, people are people, we all have feelings and we can all feel pain, and emotional pain does a lot to scar a persons heart and spirit, and to joyous in a death, especially one of cancer is a terrible thing. Have you ever seen someone die of Cancer? I've seen it twice. You fly in and out of consciousness, eventually losing your ability to speak until its only groans, your eyes go blank and sometimes your lungs fill with liquid and you drown. To wish that fate on someone is monstrous, cruel and pure evil.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,664,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent thinker View Post
I think that announcing it on the eve of the election is a publicity stunt. I also find it strange that Obama isn't altering his tour for his newly deceased Grandma. What day did she die?
If you had clicked on any of the MANY urls about her death just in this thread you would have seen she died just before midnight Sunday night. This close to the election I would imagine he will take a few days right after Tuesday to take time to grieve. Just reading about her I could see her telling him to keep going.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,645,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent thinker View Post
Yup, I'm sure Granny is glad she's missing Armageddon, I mean Obama in office.
I'm voting for McCain, so I'm not sure where all your ridiculous anger is coming from with your reputation comments.

Anyway, I'm saddened anytime someone passes away, even Obama's grandmother.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM

852 posts, read 1,361,814 times
Have you never criticized someone you love or does everyone believe and act exactly they way you want them to? We don't know Obama or his grandmother but it is quite possible that she held prejudiced views and still loved him. And he, obviously, loved her despite these views. So I don't understand how you can say he doesn't respect her.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,471,319 times
Ok, last warning. Stay on topic

Barack Obama's grandmother has died

forum rules, please read them

Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,718,040 times
Whoa, went from 31 pages back to 28, those mods have been busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections