Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:11 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
None of us posting here are running for political office, our religious beliefs are personal. Sarah Palin parades her religious beliefs around as a qualification for political office. I find that wrong on so many levels in a country supposedly founded on freedom of religion.
I don't agree with this reponse, but at least you have one. Nice comeback and from your position, I can see your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 03:11 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
It's a bit of a conflict don't you think. Christians are under attack on this forum by Obama supporters. They are made fun of, called fools, names and so on. you attack Palin for her beliefs. Over 20 of you, offered prayers for Obama, who laughed about Palins Christian beliefs! Then you have Obama who supports late term abortion which goes against the most fundamental beliefs of the Christian religion. Fine, your opinion, it's a free country, I support your right to your opinion.........

But then I keep reading posts about praying for Obama on this eve of the election, his grandma passes away and I see the dozens of Christian haters on this forum offering prayers. I think it is great, but a bit HYPOCRITICAL don't you think?

If you're going to fight to keep Christianity out of things, keep it out of all things!

There are at least 20 of you on the other thread offering up "prayers for Obama" who attacked every single post on this forum that had to do with showing support for Palin and her Christian beliefs. You, my friends are hypocrites, signed sealed and delivered.
Someone can offer prayers and not be Christian. Or they might be a moderate Christian, and think Palin's witch doctor speaking in tongues writhing on the floor God sent us to war variety to be a bit out there. Just sayin.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:12 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Since when does a person have to be Christian in order to pray?

Please, continue to spew out more ham-handed stereotypes, you've got nothing better going for you.
That's right. I'm no Christian, and for the most part frown on all organized religion, but I still have a relationship with a higher power.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:12 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
That's the pot calling the kettle black.
Thank you! I for one, am a Christian and a democrat. These Republicans kill me with this crap.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:16 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Prayer is not reserved for only Christians. But I don't expect you to be able to see that with those blinders on.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:16 PM

808 posts, read 1,149,254 times
I'm a Christian who is also an Obama supporter. I haven't been attacked by Obama supporters at all. I have, however, been attacked by other Christians who support McCain.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Oh good grief, This is voodoo crap. either you believe in a creator or you don't. Quite trying to play all sides, so as not to commit to anything. "A higher power." Come on man, the means GOD, your creator, who made you!
What an ******* post. If someone believes in something different than you do, why do you care? Oh & by the way, you're a complete & utter hypocrite w/this post right here & what your OP states. Apparently you're so blinded by "god" you don't see it. Poor you.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Oh good grief, This is voodoo crap. either you believe in a creator or you don't. Quite trying to play all sides, so as not to commit to anything. "A higher power." Come on man, the means GOD, your creator, who made you!
What are you talking about? Are you attacking my religious beliefs? I thought I was supposed to be safe from people like you in America. Remember?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:19 PM

703 posts, read 856,012 times
Newsflash! People who vote for Obama can be religious (and even Christians) too!

WTF is wrong with you?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:19 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,337 times
Wait, can I not believe in a God if I am not a Christian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections